CHICKEN SATAY WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
Marinating the chicken with ginger, fish sauce, lime and lemongrass adds a big boost of flavor without fat. The peanut sauce gets madeover with some light coconut milk and reduced fat peanut butter. A crunchy slaw brings it all together.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings, about 24 skewers
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, agave, soy sauce, ginger, chili flakes and garlic (makes 3/4 cup). Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a shallow baking dish; reserve the remaining 1/4 cup. Thinly slice chicken crosswise, with your knife slightly on the diagonal. Add the chicken to the marinade in the baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Strain reserved marinade into a large bowl; whisk with the vegetable oil. Add the shredded cabbage, snap peas and cilantro; cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; soak about 24 skewers in water for 20 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers. Lightly oil grill grates; sear or grill chicken in batches until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Toss slaw; serve with chicken and Spicy Peanut Sauce, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with 1 tablespoon water; whisk until smooth.
SPICY SEASONED CHICKEN
Seasoned with a zesty combination of garlic and chili powders and cumin, this specialty from our Test Kitchen cam be used as a fabulous filling for tacos, burritos and more.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and salt in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with flour tortillas. Serve with toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 606mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 28g protein.
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTE
Whenever our daughters come home from college, this is the dish they always request. My husband enjoys it so much I usually prepare it a couple time a month.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute celery, carrot and green pepper in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Combine broth, soy sauce, salt if desired, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute to thicken. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICY CHINESE TAKEOUT CHICKEN
Chiles, hoisin, Chinese aromatics, and citrus zest create a bold flavor base for this crispy chicken, which tastes like it's straight from your favorite takeout spot. Cornstarch not only forms the chicken's light crust, but also thickens the spicy, sweet-and-sour sauce into a sticky glaze.
Provided by Michael Ruhlman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Chicken: Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt. In a zip-top bag, add cornstarch, followed by the chicken. Close the bag and shake to coat chicken pieces evenly; then set aside. (This can be done several hours ahead and up to overnight; the longer the chicken is in the cornstarch, the thicker the crust.)
- Sauce: Into a bowl, add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, tomato paste, and chile-garlic sauce. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Chinese mirepoix: Thinly slice scallions on the bias, using the white and pale green sections, and just a bit of the dark green. (Reserve remaining scallion greens for another use.) Set aside ¼ of the sliced scallions for garnish. Peel, then smash garlic with the flat side of a knife, and coarsely chop. Scrape off ginger skin using a spoon, then grate using a Microplane.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut the yellow pepper: remove the white inner ribs and discard; cut the rest of the pepper into a large dice. Check oil temperature with a wooden chopstick: it should bubble immediately. Remove chicken from the bag, shaking off excess cornstarch, and carefully place into the hot oil in a single layer. Let fry undisturbed until cooked through and very crisp for a total of 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, zest the orange and lemon.
- When chicken is cooked and crispy, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off and discard all but 2 tablespoons oil; rinse out and dry the pan. Reheat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add dried chiles and sauté until they darken and begin to smoke, about 1 minute. Add scallions, ginger, and garlic, and stir to combine. Add yellow peppers and cook 1 minute, tossing to combine, then add the sauce. Stir and cook 1 more minute, adding 1-2 tablespoons water as needed if the sauce is too thick. Add chicken and toss to coat and combine. Finally, shower with lemon and orange zest and give the contents a final stir. Taste for seasoning.
- Assembly: Place rice in a bowl. Spoon chicken and sauce over rice, including a good mix of vegetables and chiles along with the chicken. Garnish with reserved sliced scallions, and serve immediately.
SPICY HONEY CHICKEN
This is a sweet and spicy chicken stir-fry dish with yummy crisp tender veggies. This is easy to throw together and even easier to devour with some hot rice. We liked it with fried rice, but it'd be just as good with plain white or brown rice as well. Enjoy!
Provided by Midwest Maven
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put the flour, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag and seal and shake it up.
- Add the chicken chunks to the bag and seal and shake to coat them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat, and add coated chicken chunks to it.
- Saute the chicken for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly till browned and cooked through. (add more oil if needed).
- Take chicken out of skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons oil to skillet over medium heat, and add the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli slaw, and water chestnuts to skillet.
- Saute for 5 minutes more.
- Add the drained pineapple chunks (making sure to save the juice)and add the sherry.
- Cook on low about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup of the saved pineapple juice, the Chinese five spice powder, soy sauce, honey, and chili flakes.
- After the skillet mixture has cooked for the last 10 minutes, stir in the contents of the bowl.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet now.
- Cook on med./low for 8-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is warmed through.
- Sprinkle some green onions on top of each serving and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1007.5, Fat 35.1, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 145.3, Sodium 1466.4, Carbohydrate 96.1, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 63.9, Protein 53.3
SPICY SWEET CHICKEN MARINATED WITH SOY SAUCE
This is fabulous and so easy! I don't even care for soy sauce that much, but this was wonderfully tender and sweet and spicy. You can use whole chicken legs instead of breasts if you prefer. This is a recipe from The Asian Grill that I modified quite a bit.
Provided by Pintsizechef
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk together soy sauce and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add sesame oil, garlic, and scallion. Stir well.
- Poke several holes in each chicken breast so they can soak up the marinade.
- Place marinade and chicken in large plastic baggie, remove air, and shake to coat chicken in marinade.
- Refrigerate 3 1/2 hours, turning the bag about every half hour to redistribute the marinade.
- Prepare an indirect fire on a charcoal or gas grill (this is when you grill the meat, but not directly over the heat source, I used the 2nd rack near the top of my gas grill).
- Grill chicken, turning about every 5 minutes, until cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on your cooking conditions. It took me about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.4, Fat 28.6, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 185.6, Sodium 1188.9, Carbohydrate 9.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8.3, Protein 62.5
More about "spicy chicken saute food"
SPICY BOYS FRIED CHICKEN - METRIC - 22 PHOTOS
Location 10609 Metric Blvd Ste 108 Austin, TX 78758
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTE RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
Servings 6Total Time 50 minsCategory Main
SPICY GARLIC SAUTEED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - COOKING …
5/5 (1)Category Main-DishServings 4Total Time 25 mins
THE WONDERFUL SAUTE SPICY CHICKEN | MISS CHINESE FOOD
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Chinese Islamic Cuisine
30 SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES THAT BRING THE HEAT | ALLRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN [VIDEO] - 30 MINUTES MEALS
SPICY BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN - GIMME SOME OVEN
EASY SPICY GARLIC CHICKEN BROTH - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
7 SPICY CHICKEN DINNERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST SAUTEED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN (MADE WITH GOCHUJANG SAUCE!)
10 BEST SPICY CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTé WITH JALAPEñO - THE LEMON BOWL®
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, Main DishCalories 215 per serving
SPICY CHICKEN MARINADE (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
30-MINUTE SPICY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP – STATE OF DINNER
SWEET & SPICY ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARROTS, DATES & PISTACHIOS
SAUTE SPICY CHICKEN – HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES – UNDIRECT
EASY SPICY STIR-FRIED CHICKEN - HUNGRY LANKAN
CHICKEN IN SPICY CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUTE SPICY CHICKEN – HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES – UNDIRECT
THE BEST SPICES FOR COOKING CHICKEN (AND RECIPES)
SPICY CHICKEN MARINADE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
WE TASTED 11 SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICHES & THIS IS THE BEST
CHINESE CHICKEN WITH GARLIC SAUCE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICY CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
27 SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES FOR FANS OF FLAVOR
SWEET & SPICY CHICKEN BITES - THE WHOLE COOK
SPICY SAUTE CHICKEN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTé TOSSED WITH AVOCADO RECIPE [PALEO, KETO]
SWEET & SPICY CHICKEN STIR FRY | READY IN 30 MINUTES!
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTE – PACHAKAM.COM
THE BEST SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN! - THAT SPICY CHICK
SPICY CHICKEN SAUTE | INDIAN | NON-VEGETARIAN | RECIPE
13 DELICIOUS SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
SPICY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
33 SPICY RECIPES THAT REALLY BRING THE HEAT - INSANELY GOOD
P.F. CHANG'S SPICY CHICKEN (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SPICY MEXICAN SHREDDED CHICKEN - THAT SPICY CHICK
BEST SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICHES IN FAST FOOD, RANKED - THRILLIST
50+ SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE HEAT
HOW TO PREPARE THE BEST SPICY CHICKEN - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love