Great easy recipe. Add grated cheese and sprinkle paprika on tops for a savoury scone. Add 2 cups mashed pumpkin and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for pumpkin scones.
Provided by mortarandpestle
Yield 24 scones
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and line baking tray with paper.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Knead together until a soft dough and turn onto a floured board.
- Roll dough out to about 3cm thick and cut scones with a scone cutter.
- Place on tray and brush with egg and milk mixture.
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.2, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 23, Sodium 8.1, Carbohydrate 20, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 1.7, Protein 3
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together.)
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7- to 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. of sugar. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.6 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 60.1 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 249.3 mg, Sugar 14.6 g
SIMPLE SWEET SCONES
This is a simple perfectly delicious recipe my mom used to make for our family. It origioually came from a biscuits and scones recipe book, this one was always my favorite of all the recipes.
Provided by prettyinpink
Yield 12-16 scones
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425°F (220 Celsius).
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir mix well Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add sugar; toss to mix.
- Add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms,(the dough may be a bit crumbly).
- Place dough on floured counter and knead gently until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Pat or roll into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
- place wedges on a greased cookie sheet- slightly apart for crisp sides, touching for soft.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until medium brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.1, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 22.2, Sodium 195.9, Carbohydrate 24.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 4.2, Protein 3.2
CLASSIC SCONES WITH JAM & CLOTTED CREAM
You can have a batch of scones on the table in 20 minutes with Jane Hornby's storecupboard recipe, perfect for unexpected guests
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Afternoon tea, Breakfast, Snack, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the self-raising flour into a large bowl with ¼ tsp salt and the baking powder, then mix.
- Add the butter, then rub in with your fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Put the milk into a jug and heat in the microwave for about 30 secs until warm, but not hot. Add the vanilla extract and a squeeze of lemon juice, then set aside for a moment.
- Put a baking tray in the oven. Make a well in the dry mix, then add the liquid and combine it quickly with a cutlery knife - it will seem pretty wet at first.
- Scatter some flour onto the work surface and tip the dough out. Dredge the dough and your hands with a little more flour, then fold the dough over 2-3 times until it's a little smoother. Pat into a round about 4cm deep. Take a 5cm cutter (smooth-edged cutters tend to cut more cleanly, giving a better rise) and dip it into some flour. Plunge into the dough, then repeat until you have four scones. You may need to press what's left of the dough back into a round to cut out another four.
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg, then carefully arrange on the hot baking tray. Bake for 10 mins until risen and golden on the top. Eat just warm or cold on the day of baking, generously topped with jam and clotted cream. If freezing, freeze once cool. Defrost, then put in a low oven (about 160C/140C fan/gas 3) for a few minutes to refresh.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
When I came to America from England in 1967, I made sure to bring along my favorite recipe for scones. Served warm with butter, they're perfect for breakfast.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in raisins. Beat milk and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring lightly. , Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Bake at 425° until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "simple scones food"
SIMPLE SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsServings 8Calories 430 per serving
- Or grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment., In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly; it's OK for some larger chunks of butter to remain unincorporated.
14 EASY SCONES RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EASY RECIPES FOR SCONES | FN DISH - BEHIND-THE-SCENES ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
16 EASY SCONE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE FOR AFTERNOON TEA OR ...
EASY SCONE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SCONES | BAKING MAD
EASY SCONES RECIPE - READY IN 30 MINUTES FROM START TO FINISH!
DROPPED SCONES WITH DRUNKEN FRUITS RECIPE
EASY SCONES RECIPE - WOOLWORTHS
EASY SCONES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY SCONES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
EASY 3 INGREDIENT SCONES - JUST A MUM
EASY, CHEESY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR | CANADIAN ...
SCONE RECIPES - EASY, SOFT, BLUEBERRY & MORE | TASTE OF HOME
BEST SCONE RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SCONES | JAMIE OLIVER
EASY VANILLA SCONES | EASY TO MAKE FROM SCRATCH ... - A FOOD
THE BEST SCONE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
MASTER SCONES RECIPE (ANY FLAVOR!) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
DROP SCONES (SCOTCH PANCAKES) | DIETHOOD
EASY HOMEMADE SCONES (ANY FLAVOR) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
A SIMPLE SCONE RECIPE - REAL FOOD FOR BUSY PEOPLE
14 BEST SCONE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY SCONES RECIPE [LIGHT & FLUFFY] - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
HOW TO BAKE PERFECT SCONES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
10 EASY CHRISTMAS SCONES - INSANELY GOOD
EASY FOOD PROCESSOR SCONES - LIFE IS A PARTY
CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES RECIPE
GRANNY’S SCOTTISH SCONE RECIPE IS FOOLPROOF!
HOW TO MAKE SCONES, BASIC SCONE RECIPE- BAKER BETTIE
CLASSIC SCONES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ENGLISH STYLE SCONES - INCREDIBLY FLUFFY AND DELICIOUS ...
EASY ORANGE BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE WITH SWEET ORANGE ...
BASIC SCONE RECIPE: MOIST, TENDER, & EASY -BAKING A MOMENT
QUICK AND EASY SIMPLE SCONES RECIPE - LARDER LOVE
SCONE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE BEST SCONES YOU'LL EVER MAKE | THE FOOD CHARLATAN
SCONE RECIPE: THE BEST SCONES EVER - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
RAISIN SCONES - CANADIAN LIVING
SCONE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SCONE RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
QUICK AND EASY HOMEMADE SCONES - ONLY 4 ... - FOODLE CLUB
AMERICAN SCONES RECIPES - SIMPLY RECIPES
PERFECT SCONES RECIPE | ALL4WOMEN FOOD
MAKE CHRISTMAS BRUNCH EASY WITH THESE MAKE-AHEAD SCONES ...
SCONES - RECIPETIN EATS
You'll also love