ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In the bowl of a food processor, combine shallot, garlic, mustard, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and mint; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until a medium-textured paste forms, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet large enough to accommodate the half-rack of ribs, over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season lamb with salt and pepper, and place in the skillet, fat side down. Sear meat on both sides until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, and transfer the lamb to a clean surface.
- Spread the reserved mint paste on the meaty side of the lamb, and place the lamb in a shallow baking pan. Transfer to the oven, and roast until the lamb is medium rare, or until the internal temperature is 130 degrees. 18 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven, and place lamb on a cutting board; let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Slice between the bones, and serve.
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE
The lamb that we buy today hardly requires a typical English mint sauce (the puckery flavor was originally designed to cut through the stronger taste of mutton), but the combination is by now a traditional and still-welcome one. Buttered carrots and a watercress salad would complement the lamb nicely. Uncork a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon or red Bordeaux.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make lamb:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on each side of each lamb rack. Mix breadcrumbs and mint in medium bowl. Press breadcrumb mixture onto lamb, coating completely.
- Arrange lamb, meat side up, on large baking sheet with rim. Roast lamb 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast until thermometer inserted into lamb registers 130°F. for medium-rare, about 20 minutes longer.
- Transfer lamb to work surface. Tent with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Cut lamb racks between bones into chops. Arrange chops on plates. Garnish with mint sprigs; pass Mint Sauce separately.
- To make sauce:
- Combine 1 cup mint, broth, shallots, vinegar and sugar in heavy small non-aluminum saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 2 hours.
- Strain sauce into large glass measuring cup. Place cornstarch in same saucepan. Gradually whisk in sauce. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir until sauce thickens slightly and turns translucent, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Stir in remaining 2 tablespoon mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes about 1 cup.
APPLE-MINT RACK OF LAMB
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the herb mixture: Put the whole peppercorns in a spice grinder and grind until coarse. Transfer to a small bowl and add the mint, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano and garlic. Add the olive oil to the mixture and season with a pinch of salt.
- For the lamb: Place the lamb racks on a work surface and sprinkle each side with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Rub the herb mixture on the lamb.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat with some olive oil, add the racks rounded-side down and sear until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet in the same position (do not flip). Roast until the desired doneness, 20 to 25 minutes for medium (about 145 degrees F). Let the lamb rest 5 to 7 minutes before slicing. Transfer the chops to a platter and serve with Apple-Mint Compote.
- Put the sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water in a medium heavy pot and bring to a boil. Add the apple and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the mint and vinegar and stir to combine. Season with salt.
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT PESTO
- Let the lamb come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before you are ready to roast. Season the lamb on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet with a heatproof handle over medium-high heat. Put the rack into the pan, fat side down, and sear it until it is browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the rack over and sear the other side for 2 minutes. Put the pan into the oven, and roast the lamb until it is medium-rare, or until the internal temperature reaches 125 to 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the lamb from the oven, cover it with foil, and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing into chops. Serve with the Mint Pesto.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is almost smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste. The pesto may be made 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring the pesto to room temperature before serving.
RACK OF LAMB WITH CILANTRO- MINT SAUCE
We had something very similar to this at a restaurant here in Big Bear on our first date. It was absolutely incredible. My eyes rolled back in my head and I couldnt stop eating. It was served with garlic mashed potatoes or herbed white rice, and we had creme brulee for dessert with raspberries for dessert. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!
Provided by LuvMeImCute
Yield 6-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Puree all ingredients except lamb in a blender. Let sit covered during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 500* f.
- Rub lamb with salt and pepper to personal taste.
- Place baking pan in hot oven for 10 minutes, then place lamb fat side down on the pan for approximately 12 minutes for rare.
- Spoon generous amount of cilantro mint sauce on plate, top with 3-4 bones of lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.3, Fat 0.1, Sodium 198.2, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 11.9, Protein 0.5
MINT CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook mint leaves in a pot of boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Transfer mint leaves to a bowl of ice water; soak for 30 seconds, drain and squeeze dry.
- Combine blanched mint with garlic, olive oil, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds until fine and crumbly.
- Transfer mint mixture to a large bowl; stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup Dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine extra-virgin olive oil, rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a jar with a lid. Shake vinaigrette vigorously until combined, about 30 seconds. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Slice 1/2 to 1-inch slits between each bone of the lamb racks to assure the meat roasts evenly.
- Season each rack with salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over high heat. Brown each lamb rack for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer lamb racks to the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each rack with mustard and honey mixture. Sprinkle mint mixture over the top and sides of each rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top and medium rare in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 125 to 130 degrees F (52 to 54 degrees C). Remove from oven and allow lamb to rest for 10 minutes before serving, drizzled with honey mustard vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 681.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 121.9 mg, Fat 52.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 18.4 g, Sodium 625.1 mg, Sugar 7 g
MINT SAUCE FOR LAMB
This mint sauce recipe has been in our family for nearly 80 years. Our backyard mint patch provided the main ingredient. We won't eat lamb without this sauce. -Ruth Bogdanski, Grants Pass, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place mint leaves in a small bowl. Stir in water, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes, then serve immediately with lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 19 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 100mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
A delicious lamb dish with a fresh twist
Provided by mariabjo
Yield Serves 5
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over the meat
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brown lamb on both sides for 3 minutes each side. Pour off fat from pan, but save any juices to make pan sauce later.
- Transfer lamb to roasting pan and roast, fat side up, in the middle of the oven for 13-15 minutes until the internal temperature is 130-135F for medium-rare. Remove racks to a warm platter and let rest for 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- Set the original skillet back on a burner. Add stock and scrape up any browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to about 1 tablespoon. Add vinegar and remove pan from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and mint to form vinaigrette. Cut the racks into individual chops and serve, topped with the sauce atop salad greens.
LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. Rub lamb with a generous amount of salt and pepper, then rub with oil. With the tip of a sharp paring knife, cut twenty 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb; insert garlic slivers into openings.
- Place lamb on a roasting rack set on a rimmed baking sheet; place in oven. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Roast lamb until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part (avoiding bone) registers 125 degrees to 135 degrees for rare, or 135 degrees to 140 degrees for medium, 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours. Remove from oven; let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, make the mint sauce: In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is syrupy and reduced to 1 cup, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in mint, and let cool completely.
More about "roast rack of lamb with mint sauce food"
ROASTED ROSEMARY RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE - THE …
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 347 per serving
- Place lamb on an oven safe pan. Place rosemary under the rack of lamb. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees. Remove from oven and cover with foil while the lamb rests.
RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 6Calories 367 per servingCategory Mains
- Roast at 450ºF for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350ºF and continue roasting for 25 - 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 140ºF.
RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
3/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 4
24 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR SAUCES FOR RACK OF LAMB - BEST RECIPES …
ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER LAMB RECIPES
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RACK OF LAMB WITH HERB-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MINT AND GARLIC CRUSTED LAMB RACK WITH PAN SAUCE - JUST COOK
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH MINT VINAIGRETTE - A YEAR AT THE TABLE
ROASTING GUIDE | FRESH IDEAS FOR YOU | WOOLWORTHS
MUSTARD CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE - A WELL SEASONED …
ROSEMARY GARLIC MARINATED RACK OF LAMB (ROASTED) - RECIPETIN EATS
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI RECIPE - SALT PEPPER …
HERB ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI - THE ENDLESS …
RACK OF LAMB WITH ROASTED POTATOES AND MINT SAUCE
CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE - NORAH'S COOKING DIARY
EASY ROASTED LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE - A PEACHY PLATE
RACK OF LAMB WITH ROASTED BABY FENNEL, SWEET CARROTS, AND MINT …
ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND HERB CRUST
HERB BUTTER ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI
BEST RACK OF LAMB WITH ROASTED GARLIC PAN SAUCE RECIPES | QUICK …
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH LEMON-MINT SALSA VERDE - FINECOOKING
ROAST LAMB WITH MINT, ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - LAMB RECIPE - GOOD …
RACK OF LAMB WITH MUSTARD-SHALLOT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HOW COOK RACK OF LAMB - THERESCIPES.INFO
RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT TOPPING - GRAPEVINE MAGAZINE
MINTY RACK OF LAMB WITH TAHINI YOGHURT SAUCE RECIPE RECIPE | BETTER ...
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH STRAWBERRY MINT SAUCE - BLOGGER
RACK OF LAMB WITH COCONUT-MINT SAUCE AND GLAZED PEAS RECIPE
RACK OF LAMB WITH TRADITIONAL ENGLISH MINT SAUCE - TABLE …
LAMB ROAST WITH MINT AND HONEY GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT AND LEMON - FINECOOKING
HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE WITH MINT YOGURT SAUCE
ROAST LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE | RECIPE - KITCHEN STORIES
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH POMEGRANATE MINT VERDE SAUCE
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH LEMON-MINT SAUCE - CHATELAINE
RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT AND CAPERS RECIPE - DELISH
RECIPE: ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH CHAMP AND MINT SAUCE - BLOGGER
You'll also love