Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe even more comforting flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place in pan, and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Turn meat fat side up. Add stock, wine, if using, onions, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Stir in tomato paste. Bring to a simmer, cover; put in the oven, and roast for 3 hours. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour more.
- Transfer the roast, carrots, and potatoes to a platter. With a spoon, skim the fat off the surface of the cooking liquid. Cut the roast into thick slices, and serve with the vegetables. Pass the pan juices separately.
THE PERFECT CROCK POT ROAST
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place your roast in your 6- quart crock pot (I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker.)
- Surround your roast with your potato wedges, onion halves and carrots
- Mix together one of your brown gravy mixes with 1 c cold water
- Pour over your roast and veggies
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (total)
- An hour before serving, mix together your remaining brown gravy mix and 1 c cold water
- Pour over roast and veggies
- Cover again for the last hour of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 586 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 51 g, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Cholesterol 156 mg, Sodium 223 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PERFECT POT ROAST (SLOW-COOKER)
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
Provided by Tee Lee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Cooking meats, I have to confess, isn't my specialty. But everyone who tastes this main-course dish wants more! I'm a mostly at-home mom. I like to sew and read. I also enjoy gardening-we grow a good-sized patch, and it's so nice to have fresh-picked tomatoes and spinach when I make salads.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine first four ingredients; rub onto roast. In a skillet, brown roast in oil. Place in a roasting pan. Add water, onion, green pepper, garlic and seasonings. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is tender. , Remove and keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from pan juices. Measure juices and transfer to a saucepan. , For each cup of juices, combine 1 tablespoon flour with 2 tablespoons water; mix well. Stir flour mixture into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.
Nutrition Facts :
PERFECT POT ROAST
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and ground fennel in a small bowl. Generously season the roast with the spice mixture.
- Add enough oil to a large Dutch oven to coat the bottom. Heat it over medium-high heat, add the roast, and sear 8 to 10 minutes total, turning to brown all sides. Transfer the roast to a bowl.
- Add the carrots, onions, and garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Remove the vegetables and place in a clean bowl.
- Deglaze the pot with 1 cup of the cider. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat. Add 2 cups of the broth and bring it to a boil again.
- Add 4 sprigs of the thyme, the rosemary, bay leaf, and roast to the pot (reserving the vegetables in the bowl). Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot, place it in the oven, and roast for 2 hours. Add the reserved vegetables and roast for 1 more hour, until the roast is fork-tender but not mushy.
- Remove the roast and vegetables to a large bowl or platter and cover to keep warm. Let the braising liquid cool slightly, then strain the liquid into a bowl (discard the solids).
- Skim off any fat that has risen to the top.
- Purée the braising liquid in a blender.
- To make the sauce, heat 2 tablespoons oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine with the oil. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cider and the tomato paste and mix well.
- Return the braising liquid to the pot along with the remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth and the remaining 2 thyme sprigs. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- To serve, slice the pot roast, arrange the vegetables around it, and pour the sauce over the top.
- Variations: Tipsy Pot Roast
- In many pot roast recipes, there is an element of alcohol. In mine, I use hard cider, but you can also try red wine, a heavy beer, or-for your Irish friends-Guinness. The booze gives the meat an extra dimension but won't get the family hammered.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Yes, it can be done! Dh used to cringe when I mentioned 'pot roast'. I grew up loving the stuff. And now I've perfected a recipe for it. We drool all afternoon while it cooks. :)
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season 1 side of beef with salt, pepper & ___. I usually use ground thyme or ground ancho pepper. Use what makes you happy but keep it 'earthy' - this isn't the place for mint or herbes de provence. ;).
- Heat a dutch oven to hot, add a couple TB oil & add meat, seasoned side down. Season the top side. When the bottom is nicely seared, flip over. When the other side is nicely seared, remove to a pan with sides to collect juices.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- While the meat is searing, peel, halve & thinly slice the onions.
- Add butter & another 2TB oil to pan. When the butter has melted, add onions. Season with 1tsp salt. Stir to scrape up caramelized bits on the bottom. Cook slowly until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add can of beef broth & bring to a boil. Stir.
- Add meat & any juices that have accumulated in the pan. Cover & put in 300F oven for 2.5 hours or so.
- You will not need a knife. The liquid is essentially French onion soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1188.5, Fat 89.3, SaturatedFat 38.4, Cholesterol 343.5, Sodium 660.1, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.8, Protein 81.4
PERFECT POT ROAST AND GRAVY
Look no further for the perfect Pot Roast and gravy recipe! This classic recipe results in falling apart tender, extra flavorful, melt in your mouth pot roast and it is SO easy to make! Topped with a mouth watering gravy this is sure to become a weekend staple in your home.
Provided by Trish - Mom On Timeout
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Coat the roast with the flour mixture on all sides.
- Heat an oven safe large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to the dutch oven and sear the roast on both sides, approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Lift the roast up slightly and place quartered onions in the bottom of and place the roast directly on top of the onions.
- Place the garlic on top of the roast.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the onion soup mix, beef broth, beef consommé, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the top of the roast.
- Place the dutch oven in the oven and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, set lid aside, and add the carrots and potatoes right on top of the roast.
- Bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until carrots and potatoes are tender and roast is cooked through and is easily shredded with a fork.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving platter and pour the remaining liquids through a strainer into a large measuring cup or bowl and let the fat separate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460.06 kcal, Carbohydrate 26.98 g, Protein 30.04 g, Fat 25.11 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Cholesterol 102.13 mg, Sodium 625.52 mg, Fiber 2.69 g, Sugar 2.75 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PERFECT POT ROAST
- First and foremost, choose a nicely marbled piece of meat. This will enhance the flavor of your pot roast like nothing else. Generously salt and pepper your chuck roast.
- Preheat the oven to 275˚. Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or you can do a butter/olive oil split).
- Cut two onions in half and cut 6 to 8 carrots into 2-inch slices (you can peel them, but you don't have to). When the oil in the pot is very hot (but not smoking), add in the halved onions, browning them on one side and then the other. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pan and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pan. Place the meat in the pan and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom with a whisk to get all of that wonderful flavor up.
- When the bottom of the pan is sufficiently deglazed, place the roast back into the pan and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway (about 2 to 3 cups). Add in the onion and the carrots, as well as 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary and about 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Put the lid on, then roast in the oven for 3 hours (for a 3-pound roast). For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours.
INSTANT POT PERFECT BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE
This Instant Pot Perfect Beef Pot Roast Recipe is a staple at our house! This recipe turns out perfect every single time!
Provided by Camille Beckstrand
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Press the SAUTE button on your Instant Pot and allow it to heat up.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Generously sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic salt on all sides of the pot roast.
- Place roast in hot oil on a skillet and let it sear on that side for 2 minutes. Flip the roast over and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- Depending on the shape of your pot roast, you can sear the other sides if you choose. Press CANCEL button to turn off the saute feature.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot and place on a plate.
- Pour 1/2 cup beef broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot and with a wooden spatula, scrape the burnt brown bits off the bottom of the pot (this is called "deglazing" and will keep you from getting the burn notice when it cooks).
- Place roast back into Instant Pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and spread all around the roast.
- Add garlic on top of roast and vegetables.
- Pour in the beef broth, being sure not to pour it directly on the roast or vegetables because you just cooked them in delicious flavors. Try to pour the beef broth on the sides as much as possible.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce directly on the roast. Sprinkle thyme and rosemary evenly around the meat and vegetables.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL) button and set timer for 80 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound, depending on the size of your roast).
- When the timer is done, let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE and then let the roast sit on warm for at least 1 hour (I sometimes will let it sit on warm in the Instant Pot for 3-5 hours, just to let it really get tender).
- Remove roast from Instant Pot and slice into pieces (it should pretty much fall apart by this point).
- Serve with mashed potatoes and the cooked carrots on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 52 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 162 mg, Sodium 1113 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, UnsaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
More about "perfect pot roast food"
PERFECT POT ROAST - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
5/5 (1)Category MainServings 6Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
PERFECT POT ROAST (SO TENDER & FLAVORFUL!) - SPEND WITH ...
5/5 (175)Total Time 4 hrs 35 minsCategory Beef, Dinner, Entree, Main CourseCalories 579 per serving
- In a large dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on each side until browned, about 4 minutes per side adding more oil if needed.
- Arrange onions around the roast. Combine wine, broth, rosemary, garlic, and thyme. Pour over the roast. Add bay leaf.
PERFECT POT ROAST - POMPEIAN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
THIS PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE IS THE IDEAL COMFORT FOOD ...
Author Mark StachiewEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
OUR 20 BEST POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Mary Claire Lagroue
8 PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
THE PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE FOR THE SLOW COOKER
4.2/5 (52)Total Time 5 hrs 20 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 859 per serving
POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POT ROAST RECIPE PERFECT ON THE STOVE TOP - MYFOODCHANNEL
MAMA'S SLOW ROASTED POT ROAST - TENDER, EASY, DELICIOUS!
4.1/5 (19)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Add chunked potatoes and carrots (or any root vegetables you want) to the roasting pan. Create a well for the roast to sit in, so the vegetables are under and surrounding the roast.
PERFECT POT ROAST - SOOO TENDER! - COOKTHESTORY
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory EntréeCalories 704 per serving
- Season the roast all over with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Let the oil get really hot. Add the roast to the hot oil. Cook on one side until very-browned, 4-5 minutes. Flip it over and get the other side brown and crusty as well, another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and chop them into large chunks. Halve any smaller potatoes and quarter larger ones.
- Pour beef stock into the skillet that you used to sear the roast. Heat over medium-high heat to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Stir. Pour over the roast in the roasting pan. Surround roast with potatoes. Top the roast and potatoes with the carrots.
THE PERFECT POT ROAST - RACHEL COOKS®
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 4 hrs 50 minsCategory BeefCalories 777 per serving
- Remove silver skin on the roast – start at one end of the roast and make a little prick into the silver skin and then pick it up in a pinching motion and cut underneath it to remove it, push the blade of your knife away from you towards the other end of the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, garlic salt, and paprika. Using your hands, pat the salt mixture on the roast, if your entire roast isn’t covered, add a little more salt. Next spoon the olive oil over the salted roast and pat into it so that the whole roast is covered in olive oil.
- Place oiled/salted roast into a Dutch oven and sear it over high heat until it is brown on all sides (about 5 minutes). To brown the meat simply let it sit for a few minutes on each side, don’t constantly flip it. Only use tongs to flip your meat, don’t poke it with a fork.
- Remove browned roast from the Dutch oven and let it rest on a plate. In the now empty Dutch oven, add a dash of oil, and add the onion. Cook until the onions start to become translucent, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes) then add the garlic and stir, and then add the carrots, parsnips, and potatoes and a few dashes of salt. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables start to brown a little (about 5 minutes).
PERFECT POT ROAST - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
4.8/5 (34)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 10 mins
PERFECT POT ROAST - ANDREW ZIMMERN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE PERFECT POT ROAST CHICKEN | FOOD LOVER'S MARKET
Cuisine South AfricanEstimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Chicken And Poultry, Health, Latest, Citrus
THE PERFECT SOUTHERN POT ROAST RECIPE
4.2/5 (84)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 570 per serving
THE PERFECT POT ROAST | FOOD & WINE
Author Grace Parisi
PERFECT POT ROAST - FOOD NETWORK
Servings 6Category Main-Course
PERFECT POT ROAST - KOSHER
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PERFECT POT ROAST AND POTATOES - SWEET CS DESIGNS
5/5 (3)Total Time 4 hrs 10 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 637 per serving
POT ROAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
POT ROAST MENU IDEAS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES
50 PERFECT SIDES FOR POT ROAST | GET ON MY PLATE
POT-ROAST RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT POT ROAST | YOU CAN COOK THAT ...
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
PERFECT POT ROAST | CANADIAN LIVING
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PERFECT POT ROAST PIONEER WOMAN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BEST POT ROAST RECIPES (SLOW COOKER, INSTANT POT, OVEN ...
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET ...
PERFECT POT ROAST FOR TWO - DELISHABLY
PERFECT POT ROAST RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
1.5 LB POT ROAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PERFECT POT ROAST WITH POTATOES - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
PERFECT POT ROAST - ROYALTY FAST FOOD
PERFECT POT ROAST - MARION KANE
You'll also love