PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then add sausage meat and cook, stirring to break up large chunks, until meat is browned and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer meat to a bowl using a slotted spoon and add bell pepper and garlic to fat in skillet. Reduce heat to moderate and cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is just tender and garlic is golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add wine and sausage and simmer, scraping up brown bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and black pepper and simmer, breaking up tomatoes with spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander and return to pot. Add sauce and cheese to pasta and toss to coat. Add cooking water if necessary to moisten. Season pasta with salt and pepper and serve with additional cheese.
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
This is an easy recipe with tons of flavor, rigatoni pasta can be used in place of penne. If you are using spicy sausages then omit the chili flakes. Try to use only high-quality canned tomato products, it will really make a huge difference in your sauce, no no-name brands for this! With this sauce (and any tomato-based sauce) it needs some time to cook, the longer you cook the sauce uncovered the thicker and richer it will be, you can even start it in the morning turn it off then continue cooking later, cook for even 2 hours!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sausage meat; cook breaking up with a spoon until the meat is lightly browned (about 12 minutes) using a slotted spoon remove to a bowl and leave some fat in the skillet.
- Add in the onion, chili flakes, basil and oregano; saute for about 5 minutes (adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking).
- Add in tomato paste and stir 1 minute.
- Add in the wine and simmer for 6-8 minutes over medium-low heat, or until it almost evaporates.
- Add in the cooked sausage meat along with the crushed and chopped drained tomatoes.
- Add in 1 tablespoon salt.
- Simmer uncovered for about 1-1/2 hours over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.
- Season with more salt if desired and black pepper.
- Stir in the cream and heat through over low heat.
- Just before the sauce if finished cooking, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just al dente (do not rinse the pasta with water).
- Serve the sauce with cooked pasta, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1597, Fat 86.2, SaturatedFat 30.9, Cholesterol 169, Sodium 5147.8, Carbohydrate 145.4, Fiber 19.9, Sugar 8.4, Protein 58.8
PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATO AND HERBS
This is from Lighthearted Everyday Cooking, by Anne Lindsay. It is one of my favorite, quick pasta meals to make during the week. Hope you like it.
Provided by PennyG
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink in centre, about 15 to 20 minutes. (I boil first to get rid of some of the fat).
- Drain well; cut into thin round slices.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm; drain and return to pot.
- In nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano;.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage.
- pour over pasta; toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with parsley, pepper to taste and parmesan if using.
- toss again and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577.3, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 43.1, Sodium 926.5, Carbohydrate 72, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 5.3, Protein 21.9
PENNE WITH SPICY SAUSAGE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until coated with the sausage drippings. Reduce the heat slightly and add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir until the mixture has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce to the onion mixture. Stir until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the cooked sausage. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the penne and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan, if using, toss and serve.
PENNE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and red peppers until pepper is almost soft.
- Let cool while pasta is cooking In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne pasta, about 12 minutes or al dente.
- Add sausage and pepper to tomato sauce.
- Drain, then toss penne with the tomato sauce.
- Serve with parmigiano cheese.
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATOES
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with fork, about 6 minutes. Stir in pepper flakes. Add wine and boil until absorbed. Mix in crushed tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Stir 2 tablespoons marjoram into sauce.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return penne to pot. Add half of sauce and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Serve, passing Parmesan separately. (Freeze remaining sauce up to 2 months in covered container.)
BAKED PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Place sausage and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Pour in wine, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, to deglaze the pan. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with cooked pasta, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.2 g, Cholesterol 81.6 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1714.1 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
SAUSAGE & PENNE MARINARA
It's hard to beat the classic Italian flavors of this hearty, comforting dish. It has a slight kick, so omit the pepper flakes if you don't want the heat. -Tammy Rowe, Bellevue, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through., Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 853mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
CREAMY SAUSAGE PENNE
This luscious pasta dish is one I've avoided making recently; it's not exactly a lowfat dinner and I feel guilty serving it to my husband -- neither of us should be eating such a high calorie meal. But it's so, so good! Even though I can't claim it's part of a healthy diet, I hope you try it at least once -- it's a fast, easy dish, after all! I serve this with a simple green salad.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the penne until al dente; drain well and do NOT rinse.
- After you put the water on to boil, remove sausage meat from the casings, crumble, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cayenne and saute for approximately 30 seconds, then add sausage meat to skillet.
- Cook until sausage meat is no longer pink (about 5 minutes or so).
- Add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg to skillet and turn heat to high to bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, gently, until the cream reduces and the sauce thickens a bit; it takes about 10 minutes.
- Place cooked penne in a large serving bowl (it's nice if you warm it first) and pour sauce over; add butter and cheese to bowl and combine all well.
- Taste; add more salt and/or pepper if you wish.
- Sprinkle chopped herbs over top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 818.5, Fat 51.9, SaturatedFat 22.6, Cholesterol 120.1, Sodium 1350.4, Carbohydrate 65.6, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 0.8, Protein 24.4
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PENNE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.3 g, Cholesterol 49.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1662.5 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
PENNE & SAUSAGE CASSEROLES
Cheese, sausage and mushrooms make this casserole a consistent hit. It comes together quickly and feeds a crowd, too. -John Venturino, Concord, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside., In the same Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic and oregano; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in 1 cup wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, sausage and remaining wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes., Drain pasta. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Divide half of the pasta between the dishes; layer each with 2-1/2 cups sauce and 1 cup each of the cheeses. Repeat layers., Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 21g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 59mg cholesterol, Sodium 756mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
Paprika, cumin, and ginger lend their aromatic alchemy to a simple, no-cook tomato sauce. You can use the sauce with a wide range of ingredients(see Variations). One variation is vegetarian. With its competing spices, strong-flavored cilantro, and acidic tomatoes, this pasta dish calls for a simple Italian white--a pinot grigio, for example. Notes: I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne rigate until almost done, about 12 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 1 minute longer. Drain. Toss with the tomato sauce.
- Penne with Mozzarella and Spicy Tomato Sauce;Use 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, in place of the shrimp. Toss the cheese in at the end.
- Penne with Sausage and Spicy Tomato Sauce;Use grilled sausage cut into bite-size pieces in place of the shrimp. Toss the sausage into the pasta with the tomato sauce.
- Penne with Grilled Vegetables and Spicy Tomato Sauce;In place of the shrimp, use grilled or sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, or green beans, cut into bite-size pieces. Toss the vegetables into the pasta with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.3, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 465.8, Carbohydrate 66.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 1.7, Protein 34.6
More about "penne with sausage and tomato sauce food"
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAUSAGE SAUCE - CHINESE GRANDMA
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO SAUCE – STORYLESS RECIPES
FRESH TOMATO, SAUSAGE, AND PECORINO PASTA RECIPE
ITALIAN TOMATO SAUSAGE RAGU WITH PENNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND SPICY CREAM TOMATO SAUCE - MOMMY'S ...
STJOHN'S HOMEMADE - TURKEY SAUSAGE WHOLE WHEAT PENNE WITH ...
BAKED PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND CREAMY RICOTTA - FOOD & WINE
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM AND CORN ...
EPICURIOUS' PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO SAUCE - …
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - FOOD & WINE
PENNE PINK SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PENNE ARRABIATA WITH SMOKED SAUSAGE - SAVOR THE BEST
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - AIMEESTOCK.COM
RIGATONI WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE ...
PENNE SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAUSAGE SAUCE - CHINESE GRANDMA
TOMATO + SAUSAGE PENNE WITH SPINACH - GINGERFARE
BARILLA® PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
CREAMY TOMATO SAUSAGE PENNE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
PENNE WITH HONEY GARLIC SAUSAGE & TOMATO SAUCE | MEALTIME ...
10 BEST PENNE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPICY SAUSAGE & PEPPERS PENNE - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US ...
SAUSAGE AND SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN SAUSAGE WITH RED SAUCE AND PENNE PASTA RECIPE ...
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE & TOMATO CREAM SAUCE | JOVIAL FOODS
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & SPICY CREAM TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE ...
PENNE | FOOD & WINE
PENNE PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND SAUSAGE RECIPES ...
PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE TOMATO SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAGE SAUSAGE SAUCE - SACHA RECIPES
ITALIAN SAUSAGE RED SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PENNE RIGATE & SPICY SAUSAGE & ZUCCHINI IN TOMATO CREAM ...
FRESH PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATO SAUCE, AND ...
PENNE SAUSAGE ALFREDO - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
You'll also love