- In a mixer or food processor bowl, beat butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt until smooth.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour and orange zest; mixt until dough forms.
- With a wooden spoon, rubber spatula, or your hands, gently mix in almonds.
- Cut piece of waxed paper--12" X 6".
- Roll dough into log shape (12" long by 2 1/2" wide and 1" thick. Place on waxed paper and wrap.
- Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 3 months.
- (If freezing longer than one day, wrap log again in double layers of plastic film.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove dough from freezer.
- With a sharp knife, slice into 1/4" thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheet at leat 1" apart.
- Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 20 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
ORANGE AND ALMOND SHORTBREAD
Light and crumbly, these orange and almond shortbreads make a delicious mid-morning or afternoon treat. They are also ideal to serve with creamy desserts and icecream.Allow 30 minutes extra time for chilling.
Provided by Jacqueline Bellefontaine
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the orange zest.
- Add the flour and ground almonds and mix to a soft dough. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about 3mm (1/8th in) thick and cut out the biscuits. Carefully transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Chill for another 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170℃ (160℃ fan)/375°F/gas mark 4.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until pale golden. Allow to cool and harden for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 biscuit, Calories 130 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 59 mg, Sugar 4 g
- Make the dough: In a mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt until smooth. With mixer on low speed, add flour and orange zest; mix just until a dough forms. With a wooden spoon, rubber spatula, or your hands, gently mix in almonds.
- Freeze the dough: On a piece of waxed paper, form dough into a rectangular log, 12 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide, and 1 inch thick. Wrap log in the paper, and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 3 months. If freezing longer than 1 day, wrap log again, in plastic wrap.
- Bake the shortbread: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove dough from freezer. (If dough has been in freezer a long time and is frozen solid, let it sit at room temperature 30 minutes so it slices without crumbling.)
- With a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
CHERRY ALMOND SKILLET SHORTBREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then line the skillet with a parchment circle. Spray the parchment with more cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the granulated sugar into the melted butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift the flour and salt onto the batter. Add the almond extract, dried cherries and orange zest and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the skillet. Top with the sliced almonds and the turbinado sugar.
- Bake until slightly brown on top, about 35 minutes.
- Cool the shortbread in the skillet. When cool, cut into wedges.
ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the beaten egg and extract. Add the flour, ground almonds and lemon zest and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Divide the dough in half and then roll each half into a log, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (the dough can be frozen at this point for a later use).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown at the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 3 or 4 minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks to cool completely, or just eat warm from the oven.
ORANGE-SCENTED ALMOND COOKIES: AMYGDALOTA ME ORANGE
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until ground fine. Add in 2 1/2 cups of sugar. Put the almond mixture into a small saucepan on medium high heat. Add in the liquids and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Put aside to cool.
- Once cool, shape tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture into 1 1/2-inch-high pear shapes, wetting your fingers with the juice. Dredge each cookie in confectioners or granulated sugar to coat. Wrap individually in cellophane or place in a box with a lid. Let stand for at least 3 days before serving.
A delicious shortbread to be enjoyed by everyone!
Provided by kirsty_lloyd-2
Yield Serves 15
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4)
- Mix Flour and Caster Sugar in a bowl
- Rub in the Butter/Margarine until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the Ground Almond
- Press mixture into a baking tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly brown
- Cool in the tin
More about "orange almond shortbread food"
ALMOND-ORANGE SHORTBREAD RECIPE | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ALMOND-ORANGE SHORTBREAD - EVERYDAY FOOD WITH SARAH …
Author Everyday FoodViews 93.2K
CRANBERRY ORANGE ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES
ALMOND ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - COOKING FROM …
ORANGE SHORTBREAD | ORANGE RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH CRANBERRIES AND ORANGE
ORANGE AND ALMOND SHORTBREAD RECIPE | GOURMET …
ORANGE-ALMOND SHORTBREAD WITH STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
KETO CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - EXPLORER …
ORANGE, GINGER AND ALMOND SHORTBREAD – FLOATING …
SUGAR-FREE ORANGE ALMOND SHORTBREAD | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST ALMOND SHORTBREADS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BLOOD ORANGE, ALMOND AND ROSEMARY SLICE AND BAKE SHORTBREAD …
ALMOND BLOOD ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THESPIFFYCOOKIE.COM
ORANGE CARDAMOM ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES - A BAKING JOURNEY
CORONATION FOOD TO MAKE FOR YOUR PARTY - RECIPES FROM NYT …
You'll also love