Elegant madeleines, dipped in finger-licking lemon glaze, make for an irresistible dessert. Recipe courtesy Chuck Hughes
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Yield 24 madeleines
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the madeleines:.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl until pale, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice and the vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking powder, and then the melted butter.
- Butter and flour two 12-cookie madeleine molds. (Traditionally, these have the shape of small shells.) Pour the batter into the molds, filling them three-quarters of the way. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees).
- Bake the madeleines for 5 minutes, then turn down the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and bake until golden brown and puffed in the center, about 10 minutes more.
- For the lemon glaze:.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Before serving, dip the top of each madeleine in the lemon glaze. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Cook's Note:.
- Letting the batter rest in the refrigerator and then baking them at a high temperature will help the madeleines rise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0.9, Carbohydrate 0.3, Sugar 0.1
HOW TO MAKE MADELEINES
- Melt 10 tablespoons butter over medium heat. (Leave the remaining 2 tablespoons on the counter to come to room temperature. Set aside for the pan.) Cook butter over medium-low, stirring frequently, while it foams and bubbles. After about 5 minutes, the butter will darken and you'll see particles on the bottom of the pan. Once these become golden or light brown, remove the pan from the heat and pour butter into a heat-proof container. Let cool. Whisk sifted flour, salt, and baking powder together. Set aside.Beat eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for about 6-8 minutes, or until thickened and pale yellow. Beat in the extracts. Gently fold in half of the flour mixture. Fold in the butter. Add the remaining flour and fold gently until incorporated. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Use a pastry brush to coat the Madeleine tin cavities completely. Flour the pans, tapping out the excess. Do not stir the batter after removing from the refrigerator. Place a heaping tablespoon of batter into each prepared cavity. Do not spread. Place in the oven and lower the temperature to 350ºF. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies bounce back when lightly pressed. Remove from oven and place a wire rack upside-down on top of the pan. With oven mitts, grab the pan and cooling rack and flip, giving the pan a few good shakes. Remove the pan, and the cookies should release. If baking in batches, return the dough to the refrigerator between batches. Wash the pan with cool water and re-butter and flour the pan. Store cooled madeleines in an airtight container, layering with waxed paper, for several days.
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES
These zesty lemon glazed madeleines are buttery, light and so delicious! Classic little French cakes that are very easy and quick to make.
Provided by Nickki Thompson
Categories Little Cakes & Bakes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 200C/180Fan. Grease a 12 hole madeleine tin.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar, sifted icing sugar and lemon zest together with an electric mixer until the mixture is very pale and thick. Sift the flours and salt over the egg mixture. Pour the cooled melted butter and lemon juice down the side of the bowl then fold ingredients together, taking care not to knock too much air out of the mixture. If you're resting the batter, cover the bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you're ready to bake the madeleines, drop spoonfuls of the mixture into your tin. I only needed a teaspoons worth of mixture in each hole.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove tray from the oven, turn the tray upside down and tap the hot tin firmly to release the madeleines. This should work as long as you have greased your tin well!
- While the madeleines are baking, simply mix the ingredients for the glaze together until smooth. When the madeleines are still warm but not too hot to handle, quickly dip each madeleine in the glaze. Place the madeleines on a wire rack until the glaze has set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 44 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 6 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 88 grams sodium, Sugar 9 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams unsaturated fat
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES
Yield 30 madeleines
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the madeleine pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed for 4-6 minutes, or until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add melted stick of butter, lemon juice, and zest to the mixture and mix.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and carefully stir into the batter using a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- With a large spoon, drop the batter into the pans, filling each shell almost full. Do not press into mold--the batter will expand.
- Bake the madeleines for 9-10 minutes, until they spring back when pressed.
- Lightly tap the madeleines out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl blend eggs and sugar add butter and blend well. On low speed, blend in flour, baking powder, lemon, vanilla.
- Cover bowl with towel and let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and butter and flour madeleine molds. Whisk batter then spoon into molds 3/4 full. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from molds and cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 43.7 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 53.1 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
More about "lemon glazed madeleines food"
LEMON MADELEINE COOKIES - FOOD BANJO
GLAZED LEMON MADELEINES - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
GLAZED LEMON THYME MADELEINES | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES - BARBARA BAKES™
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO - ENGLISH
LEMON MADELEINES - CAROLINE'S COOKING
JASMINE MADELEINES WITH LEMON-POPPY SEED GLAZE - COUNTRY LIVING
GLAZED MADELEINES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES | - JUSTALITTLEBITE
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC MADELEINES - FOOD NOUVEAU
RED VELVET MADELEINES - PUDGE FACTOR
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES | RECIPES, FOOD, FAVORITE RECIPES
FRENCH LEMON-GLAZED MADELEINE COOKIES - SMELLS LIKE HOME
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINE RECIPE - TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES - TASTY KITCHEN
LEMON AND THYME MADELEINES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
LEMON MADELEINES – LEITE'S CULINARIA
You'll also love