LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES
These zesty lemon glazed madeleines are buttery, light and so delicious! Classic little French cakes that are very easy and quick to make.
Provided by Nickki Thompson
Categories Little Cakes & Bakes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 200C/180Fan. Grease a 12 hole madeleine tin.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar, sifted icing sugar and lemon zest together with an electric mixer until the mixture is very pale and thick. Sift the flours and salt over the egg mixture. Pour the cooled melted butter and lemon juice down the side of the bowl then fold ingredients together, taking care not to knock too much air out of the mixture. If you're resting the batter, cover the bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you're ready to bake the madeleines, drop spoonfuls of the mixture into your tin. I only needed a teaspoons worth of mixture in each hole.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove tray from the oven, turn the tray upside down and tap the hot tin firmly to release the madeleines. This should work as long as you have greased your tin well!
- While the madeleines are baking, simply mix the ingredients for the glaze together until smooth. When the madeleines are still warm but not too hot to handle, quickly dip each madeleine in the glaze. Place the madeleines on a wire rack until the glaze has set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 44 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 6 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 88 grams sodium, Sugar 9 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams unsaturated fat
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES
Yield 30 madeleines
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the madeleine pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed for 4-6 minutes, or until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add melted stick of butter, lemon juice, and zest to the mixture and mix.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and carefully stir into the batter using a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- With a large spoon, drop the batter into the pans, filling each shell almost full. Do not press into mold--the batter will expand.
- Bake the madeleines for 9-10 minutes, until they spring back when pressed.
- Lightly tap the madeleines out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
Good tea cookies.
Provided by Ashley
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European French
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl blend eggs and sugar add butter and blend well. On low speed, blend in flour, baking powder, lemon, vanilla.
- Cover bowl with towel and let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and butter and flour madeleine molds. Whisk batter then spoon into molds 3/4 full. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from molds and cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 43.7 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 53.1 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
Elegant madeleines, dipped in finger-licking lemon glaze, make for an irresistible dessert. Recipe courtesy Chuck Hughes
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Yield 24 madeleines
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the madeleines:.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl until pale, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice and the vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking powder, and then the melted butter.
- Butter and flour two 12-cookie madeleine molds. (Traditionally, these have the shape of small shells.) Pour the batter into the molds, filling them three-quarters of the way. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees).
- Bake the madeleines for 5 minutes, then turn down the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and bake until golden brown and puffed in the center, about 10 minutes more.
- For the lemon glaze:.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Before serving, dip the top of each madeleine in the lemon glaze. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Cook's Note:.
- Letting the batter rest in the refrigerator and then baking them at a high temperature will help the madeleines rise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0.9, Carbohydrate 0.3, Sugar 0.1
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, on medium-high speed beat together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is thicken and pale in color, about 5 minutes. Beat in lemon zest.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until blended. Fold in the cooled butter and mix just until blended.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until completely chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Put a rack in the top third of the oven. Spray the madeleine cups with non-stick baking spray with flour.
- Use a #40 cookie scoop to spoon batter 1 tablespoon batter into the molds.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown and middle is set. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack for 5 minutes before unmolding the cakes onto a cooling rack.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the lemon glaze in a mixing bowl by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Dip the scalloped side of the cake in the glaze, letting excess drip back in to the bowl. After dipping, put each one back on the cooking rack, scalloped side up to cool. Move the madeleines around on the rack a little bit occasionally until they're cool so they don't stick to the rack.
- Grease madeleine tins and set in the freezer. Heat the oven 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, and stir in the sugar, honey and lemon zest. Lightly beat the eggs, and temper them into the butter mixture. Whisk into the flour to make a smooth batter. Pour into the molds and bake until the cakes are puffed up, golden around the edges and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, without opening the door during cooking.
People also searched
More about "lemon glazed madeleines food"
LEMON MADELEINE COOKIES - FOOD BANJO
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC MADELEINES - FOOD NOUVEAU
LEMON POPPY GLAZED MADELEINES – DE BUYER
EASY MADELEINE RECIPE: 2 WAYS!!! (LEMON GLAZED AND VANILLA)
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
GLAZED LEMON MADELEINES - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
GLAZED LEMON AND VANILLA MADELEINES - NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S …
LEMON-GLAZED MADELEINES - YUM GOGGLE
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES - TASTY KITCHEN
LEMON MADELEINES | LEITE'S CULINARIA
LEMON GLAZED MADELEINES | - JUSTALITTLEBITE
GLAZED LEMON THYME MADELEINES | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love