THE LAMB BURGER
- For the relish: Cook the peppers and onions in some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until soft. Add the vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, cayenne pepper and garlic. Lower the heat and cook until all the ingredients are cooked down and thick enough to top the burgers, about 15 minutes.
- For the burgers: Mix the beef, lamb, bell peppers, mint, onions, allspice, cloves, coriander, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers to your liking in a skillet or on a grill. Serve with the red pepper relish.
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, toss in the diced onions and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Bring the pan to medium-high heat and cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes. Turn the heat off and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, the cooled onion mixture, the dill, mint, oregano, lemon zest and 1/2 to 3/4 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and combine well. Make a little "tester patty," cook it and taste for seasoning.
- Preheat the grill.
- Form the lamb mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt. Grill the burgers to your desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the burgers from the grill and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the Whole-Wheat Pitas in half. Schmear each half generously with the Pickled Feta Spread. Top one half with a burger, then tomatoes, sliced onions and spinach. Place the other pita half on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flours, cumin, salt and cayenne. Add the yeast mixture and the olive oil. Mix on medium speed to combine and knead the dough. It should take 6 to 7 minutes. The dough will be firm and not sticky or tacky.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll into 7-inch rounds (1/4-inch thick). Divide the dough between 2 sheet trays, cover them loosely with a clean tea towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake the pitas for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn the pitas over and bake for 2 more minutes. Let cool and use as desired.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt, tea bags, bay leaf and herb stems, if using, in a small saucepan along with 1 cup water. Heat until the sugar and salt has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place the feta in a small container. Add the vinegar mixture and be sure that the feta is submerged in the liquid. Let sit for a couple of hours outside the refrigerator if using right away, or in the refrigerator if using in the future.
- Strain the feta from the pickling liquid and discard the tea bags, bay leaf and stems. Place the feta in a food processor and add the yogurt. Pulse until combined.
I bought a selection of lamb cuts from a CSA and got several one-pound packages of ground lamb. I made the last one tonight, and it was the best of all. Top them with Dijon mayo, tomato slices, and baby greens.
Provided by KLemons
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thoroughly mix ground lamb, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Alternately, you can cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness. Rest burgers while assembling toppings.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl; spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto one side of each bun. Put a burger onto each bun and top with tomato and greens. Sandwich with remaining bun half to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 79.8 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 501.2 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
JUICY LAMB BURGERS
Lamb makes a wonderful burger. The natural flavors of the meat are complimented in this version by the spices, giving this a middle eastern feel. I like to serve these with recipe #461721 (see recipe 461721), but if you don't want to make the spread, top your burger with crumbled feta and whatever of the options below float your boat! I've written this to make 4 oz burgers, if you like yours larger, scale the recipe up to suit your appetite. Adapted from "Emeril at the Grill".
Provided by IngridH
Yield 4 burgers, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine lamb, shallot, garlic, salt, cumin, allspice, cayenne, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine the seasonings and the meat.
- Form the meat mix into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Cover the patties with plastic wrap, and chill for at least two hours. This will allow the spices to completely season the meat.
- Prepare a grill to medium high heat. Brush both sides of the burgers with the oil, to keep them from sticking to the grill.
- Grill the patties for about 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness (or adjust to your preferred temp). Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm while you toast the buns.
- Place the buns, cut side down, on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes to toast.
- Place the burgers on the toasted buns, and garnish as desired. serve immediately.
GREEK LAMB BURGERS WITH SPINACH AND RED ONION SALAD
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl; mix in lamb. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Cook patties in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Broil buns until golden, about 2 minutes. Top each bun bottom with burger. Toss spinach, feta, onion, vinegar, and 11/2 tablespoons oil in bowl. Place salad atop burgers. Cover with bun tops, pressing firmly to compact.
ROSEMARY & GARLIC LAMB BURGERS
- Crush the garlic, rosemary, 1 tsp salt and ½ -1 tsp pepper with a pestle and mortar to make a paste. Add to the lamb and mix in well with your hands. Don't overwork the meat or you will toughen it.
- Divide the mixture into 8, then shape into round burgers. If eating now, heat a barbecue or grill and cook for about 8-10 mins, turning frequently, until cooked to your liking. Split the rolls or bread, toast lightly on one side, spread with mayo, then add the burgers and the balsamic onions, tomatoes and rocket.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Protein 25 grams protein, Sodium 0.89 milligram of sodium
Easter's leftovers! Here's an idea for your lamb. Tired of those lamb sandwiches--try these--they are great.
Provided by Poker
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare broiler OR grill pan.
- Combine all 8 ingredients.
- Divide lamb mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch thick patty.
- Place patties on broiler or grillpan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Then you can serve it on a bun with your favorites (tomato, lettuce).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.8, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 92.5, Sodium 331.7, Carbohydrate 0.8, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 20.4
More about "lamb burgers food"
LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (29)Total Time 25 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, LunchCalories 323 per serving
RECIPE - LAMB BURGERS - LCBO
LOLA BURGER - 64 PHOTOS & 50 REVIEWS - BURGERS - 11 FAN ...
234 Yelp reviewsLocation 11 Fan Pier Blvd Boston, MA 02210
BEST EVER LAMB BURGERS RECIPE WITH YOGURT SAUCE - WELL ...
LAMB BURGERS - CANADIAN LIVING
ALL-AMERICAN LAMB BURGERS - FOOD CHANNEL
PROVENçAL LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - JONATHON SAWYER | FOOD …
RECIPES FOR LAMB BURGERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEK-STYLE LAMB BURGERS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
10 BEST CONDIMENTS WITH LAMB BURGERS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN LAMB BURGERS VIDEO | JAMIE OLIVER
GRASS-FED LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
[I ATE] LAMB HALLOUMI BURGER : FOOD
VIJ’S GRILLED LAMB BURGERS - STEVEN AND CHRIS - CBC
LAMB BURGERS & WINE PAIRING - (WITH REASONS!)
LAMB BURGER | RAYMOND'S FOOD
PALEO GREEK LAMB BURGER - STEVEN AND CHRIS
LAMB BURGERS - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - DR. AXE
LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
LAMB BURGERS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
LAMB AND EGGPLANT BURGER - UNILEVER FOOD SOLUTIONS CA
LAMB BURGER RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
GREEK LAMB BURGERS WITH FETA AND SPINACH - FANNETASTIC FOOD
BBQ THESE 30-MINUTE LOW-CARB MINT LAMB BURGERS FOR DINNER ...
LAMB BURGERS WITH HUMMUS - CANADIAN LIVING
63 BEST LAMB BURGERS IDEAS | LAMB BURGERS, LAMB, FOOD
BEST GREEK LAMB BURGERS - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LAMB BURGERS? 10 BEST SIDE DISHES ...
LAMB BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LAMB BURGER NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
LAMB BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB BURGERS - DELISH
SPICY MOROCCAN LAMB BURGERS - EASY PEASY FOODIE
GREEK LAMB BURGERS - JO COOKS
MOROCCAN-STYLE LAMB BURGERS | LAMB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
THE BEST LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
LAMB BURGER RECIPES FOR SPRINGTIME GRILLING | FOOD & WINE
RECIPE: LAMB BURGERS | VANCOUVER SUN
GROUND LAMB BURGERS INA GARTEN RECIPES
LAMB BURGER (THE OTHER RED MEAT) - CHEF TARIQ | FOOD BLOG
10 BEST GROUND LAMB BURGERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
LAMB BURGERS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
You'll also love