HOW TO MAKE JUICY SMOKED PORK CHOPS
Provided by Jess Pryles
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Start by making the brine. Pour one of the nectar cans into a small saucepan with the sugar and salt. Place over low heat, stirring frequently until dissolved. Allow mixture to cool, then combine with remaining water and nectar. Submerge pork chops in the brine solution and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat a smoker, pellet grill or indirect heat grill to 250f.
- Drain the brine and pat each chop with a paper towel making sure to dry the surface well. Season generously on all sides with Hardcore Carnivore Red rub.
- Place the chops into the smoker and allow to cook until internal temperature reaches 138f. This will take about 1-2 hours depending on thickness. Spritz the pork chops with the water/cider mixture every 20 minutes.
- Once at temperature, remove the pork chops and cover with foil to rest. At this stage, they are still slightly below 'safe' temperature, and will finish cooking during the sear process. If you prefer to smoke only, remove the chops once they reach 140-145f.
- Heat a charcoal grill to high heat (500f+) and get ready to sear the chops (see text above for searing options). Place the chops meat side down to sear, about 1-2 minutes, then flip and sear the other side. Finish by searing the fat cap side for 1-2 minutes, but be cautious of flareups.
- Serve immediately.
PERFECT SMOKED PORK CHOPS
You'd pay $30 for one of these in an upscale chop/steakhouse...you can charge your friends a little less if you want!
Provided by Scott222
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Start your work at least 8 hours before you want to eat.
- Brine the meat. In a bowl or pot large enough to hold chops and 1 gallon of water, combine brine ingredients. Start with 2 cups of hot water to dissolve salt and sugar. After salt & sugar are completely dissolved, add more cold water and some ice to bring volume to 1 gallon. Make sure the brine solution is cold and add chops -- they should be completely submerged. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Smoke the chops. Smoking methods can vary. I use a barrel-smoker with an external firebox. Other methods will work, but be sure your temperature stays in the range of 175-200 F and never expose the chops to direct heat . When fire/smoke is ready, remove pork from brine and pat dry with paper towel. Place in smoker. Use hickory, mesquite or apple wood (or combinations), smoke for 1 hour. At this point, the chops can be cooked or reserved in refrigerator for several hours.
- Cook the chops. Just before cooking, apply about 1 tablespoon of the rub to both sides. Grill on direct heat. This will take about 30 minutes. Be prepared to move the chops to indirect heat for a while of they are getting too brown prior to being done. Cook to an internal temperature of 140°F Remove from grill and rest 5 minutes before serving. Meat will be pink and very juicy -- don't worry about the pink! As long as you achieve a temperature of 140 in the thickest part of the chop, it's safe to eat (the trichinosis bug dies at 137 F). If you prefer a more well-done chop, cook to 150 before removing from heat.
- But, in my opinion, at that temperature, you've just wasted a day's work.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH MAPLE GLAZE
This recipe is from the "12th Edition of the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook". The smoky and salty flavor of the pork chops is complimented by the sweet and savory maple glaze. DH and our toddler DD happily gobbled it down. Yum!
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium skillet (cast iron preferred), heat oil over medium-high heat until glistening.
- Season both sides of pork chops with 1/8 teaspoons black pepper. Brown in hot oil for 5-8 minutes on each side or until heated through (and nicely browned).
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, whisk together remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Once pork chops are browned, remove to a serving platter (or individual plates). Spoon maple glaze evenly over both and serve.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS
There are pork chops and then there are smoked pork chops. The rub has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness that complements the smoky flavor perfectly. Oak is my wood of choice for these but feel free to substitute any hard wood chips.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Add wood chips according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine salt, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Sprinkle over both sides of each pork chop.
- Place pork chops directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove chops from the smoker and let rest for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 25.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 536.9 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
More about "how to make juicy smoked pork chops food"
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - HEY GRILL, HEY
4.9/5 (16)Calo 270 mỗi khẩu phầnThể loại Main Dish
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. I prefer to use apple when smoking pork, but any fruit woods, maple, or pecan will also taste great with these pork chops.
- Evenly season pork chops on all sides with my sweet rub. The thicker your chops are, the more liberally you can season.
- Place the chops on the smoker, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature of the chops reads 145 degrees F. This process can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are.
HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS THAT IS BOTH JUICY …
4.6/5 (32)Thể loại BBQ, Main Course, Smoked RecipesẨm thực AmericanCalo 697 mỗi khẩu phần
- Start your brine by heating 1 quart of water in a saucepan. Let the water come to a simmer, add the brine ingredients (kosher salt, dark brown sugar, and apple juice). Stir until dissolved then add 1 quart of ice water to the mixture. Add pork chops and brine mixture to a container large enough to hold the pork chops submerged, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine solution and discard the used solution. Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - TENDER, JUICY PORK ON THE …
Đánh giá 1Tổng Thời gian 1 giờ 20 phútThể loại Low Carb MainCalo 348 mỗi khẩu phần
HOW TO MAKE JUICY PORK CHOPS FROM BRINING TO COOKING - FOOD52
SMOKED AND GRILLED PORK CHOP RECIPE
HOW LONG TO COOK PORK CHOPS IN THE OVEN, GRILL, MORE - REAL …
PERFECT JUICY PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - GIMME SOME GRILLING
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED PORK CHOPS - SMOKED MEAT SUNDAY
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED PORK CHOPS - THE STAY AT HOME …
THE BEST JUICY SKILLET PORK CHOPS - INSPIRED TASTE
HOW TO MAKE JUICY, SMOKY PORK CHOPS: PATIENCE, BOURBON
"CHAINS AND THINGS " EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS
THE #1 SECRET TO TENDER JUICY PORK CHOPS - THE ESSENCE OF YUM
SMOKED PORK CHOPS (WHOLE30, PALEO, GF) | HOT PAN …
3 EASY TRICKS TO MAKE JUICY PORK CHOPS - ALLRECIPES
SMOKED PORK CHOPS (SUPER JUICY) - SMOKED BBQ …
TRAVIS AND JASON POWER RANK THE TOP 5 ALL-TIME THANKSGIVING …
LEARN HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS - WHOLESOME …
You'll also love