JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE HIBACHI CHICKEN AND STEAK WITH VEGTABLES
My family used to celebrate every major event at this hole in the wall family owned Japanese steakhouse that closed down so rationally I had to start making it at home to survive. This recipe has become my family's absolute favorite and hopefully it will be for your family too
Provided by calleyfornia
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add the 2 Cups rice and remove form heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove cover and let stand 5 minutes for rice to absorb remaining water.
- While waiting for the water to boil and rice to simmer, add all the ingredients for the white sauce in a medium bowl, whisk together and chill covered until ready to serve.
- Hibachi Chicken or Steak: Slice the meat and vegetables into bite size pieces. Spread 1 Tb vegetable oil in 2 separate large skillets over medium high heat. Now in one large skillet, melt 1 TB butter and then add 1 TB soy sauce and the chicken or steak and saute over medium/high heat and add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir often.
- In the other large skillet, add portions of the bite sized vegetables (onion and zucchini, not mushrooms) with 1 TB butter, 2 TB soy sauce, dash salt and pepper. (1 TB butter, 2 TB soy sauce, dash salt and pepper for each 1 to 2 cup portion, or unless the portions are small use like 1/2 the ingredients). Cook each portion for about 7 to 8 minutes or until desired tenderness. Cook in portions unless you have a hibachi grill or large enough skillet to cook all the vegetables at once. Stir occasionally. I'm usually cooking for 6 so I have to cook portions separately or else half the vegetables will end up being over cooked while the other half is not cooked at all. Once you've made this recipe more than once you will be able to cook more at a time, just don't overwhelm yourself.
- When the chicken (add a little lemon juice at the end) or steak is done, add mushrooms and 1 TB butter, 1 TB soy sauce or more if you have decided to cook a lot of mushrooms.
- Continue to stir both pans.
- Spoon the vegetables into even portions onto everyone's plates, and the meat into even portions then use one of the meat or vegetable's now empty skillet for the rice.
- Toss the scrambled eggs, grated carrots, peas, diced onion with the cooked rice and melt about 1 1/2 or 2 TB butter in the skillet and spoon (slotted spoon) the rice mixture over into the skillet with melted butter, frying it over medium high heat. Add soy sauce and salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 or so minutes stirring as often as you can to keep rice from burning.
- Serve in even portions to everyone's plates.
- Serve white/orange dipping sauce as you'd like. In my family we use generous amounts over the entire plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 927, Fat 45, SaturatedFat 17.8, Cholesterol 254.8, Sodium 2894.6, Carbohydrate 74.7, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 16.7, Protein 57.5
JAPANESE GRILLED HIBACHI STEAK
Traditional Japanese hibachi steak is cooked over a charcoal grill, not an iron griddle. Bring authentic hibachi grilling to your next backyard cookout!
Provided by Sarah | Curious Cuisiniere
Categories Dinner Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic and ginger with the sugar, soy sauce, water, and oil, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the steak in a tight-fitting dish with high sides (or a zip-locked bag). Pour the marinade over the steak, turning to coat. Marinade for 30 min, while you preheat your charcoal grill.
- Preheat your charcoal grill to high heat (roughly 450F). (You should be able to hold your hand 4-5 inches from the grates for 2-4 seconds.)
- Once your grill grates are hot, remove the steaks from the marinade and grill for 2 minutes per side, turning once gently with tongs.
- When you think your steaks are done, test the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer. You are looking for an internal temperature of 130F for medium rare or 140F for medium. (The internal temperature of your steak will rise around 5 degrees while the steaks rest, bringing them to the correct temperature for each doneness listed.)
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced scallions, if desired for serving.
- Serve with white rice and grilled vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, ServingSize 1/3 of recipe
HIBACHI DINNER AT HOME
Provided by By B. Coop
Number Of Ingredients 53
- (Make 1 day before serving.) Mix all ingredients (except water) together well. Add 1-2 T of water to reach your desired sauce consistency. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oils in a wok or skillet. Add onion and saute for 1-2 mins Add in the egg and lightly scramble it. Once egg is nearly cooked, add in the cold rice, butter, and soy sauce. Toss rice and egg together until rice is warm and eggs are cooked completely. Salt and pepper to taste if needed. Add chopped green onions. Remove from pan and serve.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and drain well. Heat oil Add in the remaining ingredients except for the green part of the green onions Toss to combine. Once noodles are very coated and hot, add in the green onions Adjust seasoning to your liking if needed. Serve.
- Heat oils into the wok or skillet at medium high heat Add in the zucchini, soy sauce, butter, and a pinch of water. Saute for 5 minutes Add in onion and continue to saute until all veggies are tender. Serve.
- Heat veggie oil in a skillet at medium high heat Add in the steak and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Saute steak. Once steak begins to brown, add in the remaining ingredients. Continue to cook the steak to your desired level of doneness.
- Heat veggie oil in pan at a medium heat Add in chicken and all remaining ingredients. Continue to cook the chicken until completely done. Saute to avoid burning.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok Add in shrimp Add the butter, soy sauce, and teriyaki. Saute until shrimp are cooked. Be careful not to overcook. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. (You can also stir it by hand in a bowl.) Blend well. Spoon butter in between plastic wrap and mold into desired shape. Or store in a tightly sealed container. Refrigerate until firm.
STEAK HIBACHI STYLE
This dish can stretch 2 rib eye steaks to feed 4 people. Made it from my best memory of Japanese Steak house with my own flair thrown in. I served this with hash brown casserole the family loved it. Doesn't take long to make at all!
Provided by Shawn C
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In cast iron skillet get pan very hot and add butter and mushrooms.
- When mushrooms are starting to turn brown, turn down heat to med-high; add onions and cook 2 minutes.
- Add steak pieces and season ingredients with Cavendar's and garlic powder.
- Cook until steak is done to desired taste of doneness.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice and stir until a "thickish" sauce forms in pan and all ingredients are coated well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.5, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 566.2, Carbohydrate 4.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.7, Protein 2.2
15 BEST WAYS TO COOK HIBACHI AT HOME
These homemade hibachi recipes are totally restaurant-worthy! From shrimp to steak to veggies and noodles, bring the hibachi experience right into your own home.
Provided by insanelygood
Categories Recipe Roundup
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a hibachi recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
16 TASTY HIBACHI RECIPES (+HIBACHI ZUCCHINI)
- Cut up zucchini into long pieces.
- Cook onion and zucchini in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
HIBACHI STEAK AND FRIED RICE
Hibachi Steak and Fried Rice is the perfect all in one meal for the Blackstone Griddle, just like at the hibachi steak house made at home!
Provided by Cheri Renee
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut the steak into inch size pieces and place them in a container or plastic bag. Add the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Toss until combined and marinate for an hour.
- During the last 3 to 4 minutes of the rice cooking, add the oil and the steak to one side of the griddle. Stir and flip a few times throughout.
- Heat the flat top griddle or hibachi grill to medium high heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and spread with hibachi spatula, add the rice, onion, and eggs. Cook 2 minutes and mix together with hibachi spatulas.
- Add the peas and carrots and cook 1 minute, mixing those together with the rice.
- Add the soy sauce, butter, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds. Mix together and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, flipping the rice over occasionally.
- Serve the steak with the rice and add yum yum sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
RESTAURANT-STYLE HIBACHI STEAK RECIPE  (SUPER EASY!)
- Set aside the sauce ingredients after combining them.
- Melt the butter and toss in the garlic over medium-high heat. Cook for about a minute, or until fragrant.
- Toss in the steak bites to combine.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to thoroughly coat the meat.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the beef is seared.
- Serve immediately with hibachi rice, hibachi noodles, or hibachi vegetables and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529kcal, Sugar 3g, Sodium 1735mg, Fat 28g, SaturatedFat 10g, Carbohydrate 42g, Fiber 3g, Protein 28g, Cholesterol 131mg
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat and add half of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables and stir-fry until the vegetables are almost done, about 5 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, heat a second skillet over high heat and add the remaining oil.
- Cut the steak into small cubes, and stir-fry until browned on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Separate the egg roll wrappers into 2 piles. Roll each pile up into a log. Slice the log into thin strips about 1/4-inch thick and separate them into individual noodles. Put half of the noodles into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and add to a serving bowl or platter. (Reserve the remaining noodles for the Online Round 2 Recipe, Japanese Noodle Bowl.)
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Add the steak, along with any accumulated juices, to the pan with the vegetables. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the vegetables and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter. (Reserve 2 cups for the Online Round 2 Recipe, Japanese Noodle Bowl).
- Top the cooked noodles with the steak and vegetable mixture and serve.
- Gather the ingredients.
- To make the sauce, bring the soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and white pepper to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat immediately to low and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks and grill on each side just until grill marks form but the steak is still rare.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Place the steak pieces and mushrooms in the hot skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, tossing, or until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add sauce to the pan. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through and steak has reached the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 137 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 781 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 31 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BENIHANA HIBACHI STEAK
- Combine all marinade ingredients and place the steak in the marinade.
- Marinate the steak at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high.
- Add oil and then the steak pieces. Stir occasionally as they are cooking so they will be cooked on all sides.
- When the steak pieces are close to being cooked through, add the mushrooms. Add more soybean oil if needed.
- Season steak and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the steak is done and the mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 35 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 86 mg, Sodium 2203 mg, Sugar 7 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "hibachi steak food"
PERFECT HIBACHI STEAK - THE GIRL ON BLOOR
Ratings 15Calories 517 per servingCategory Main Course
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stovetop according to package directions. Alternatively, make rice up to 2 days before.
- Mix together ingredients for the hibachi steak marinade in a small bowl, then pour over the steak in a large bowl or freezer bag, marinating for 20 minutes. Mix ingredients for mustard sauce together at the same time.
- Add olive oil to a large pan over high heat, then add vegetables and season with salt & pepper, cooking for 5 minutes or so until veggies are tender-crisp. Stir in 1 tbsp soy sauce, then remove from heat and set aside in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in the same pan, then saute garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in rice and soy sauce, cooking for 5 minutes until rice is heated through.
HIBACHI STEAK WITH FRIED RICE AND VEGETABLES - 40 APRONS
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 529 per serving
- Blend yellow onion, fresh ginger, white vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil on medium high in a large skillet or wok. Add diced onion and frozen vegetables, and sauté until onions are almost translucent, about 3 minutes.
- For the steak: Heat 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in same skillet or wok used for fried rice. Add steak, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook steak, until browned on all sides. (See Notes for cook time.)
INSTANT POT HIBACHI STEAK AND VEGETABLES - LITTLE SUNNY ...
4.9/5 (60)Calories 197 per servingCategory Main Course
- Press on SAUTE on your Instant Pot, when a HOT message appears add the vegetable oil, along with sesame oil. Sear the meat in the Instant Pot until it's brown (but not necessarily cooked through as it will be pressure cooked later), and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add minced ginger and garlic to the pot, and cook for a couple of minutes. Press on CANCEL on the Instant Pot. Then add the onions and mushrooms, soy sauce, water, vinegar, give everything a quick mix.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- The Instant Pot will take around 10 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam and carefully open the pot.
HIBACHI STEAK AND VEGETABLES [30 MINUTE MEAL] - THE ...
4.4/5 (5)Servings 4Cuisine AsianCategory Main Courses
- Generously season the meat with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add the meat to the hot skillet and brown on all sides but still a little red on the inside, about three minutes. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add carrot, zucchini, and squash to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about five minutes.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Pour mixture over vegetables and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
HIBACHI, OAKVILLE - MENU, PRICES & RESTAURANT REVIEWS ...
3.5/5 (65)Location 105 Cross Ave, Oakville, L6J 2W7, Ontario
HIBACHI STEAK HOUSE, ANAHEIM - TRIPADVISOR
4/5 (48)Location 108 S Fairmont Blvd, Anaheim, 92808-1336, California
HIBACHI STEAK AND VEGGIES - COOKS WELL WITH OTHERS
Cuisine American, JapaneseCategory Main CourseServings 4Calories 427 per serving
HIBACHI - WIKIPEDIA
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HIBACHI EXPRESS - 29 PHOTOS & 62 REVIEWS - YELP
Reviews 61Fri 11Cuisine Japanese
BENIHANA HOMEMADE HIBACHI STEAK RECIPE [MAKE IT LIKE A CHEF]
5/5 (2)Total Time 12 minsCuisine AsianCalories 475 per serving
THE BEST HIBACHI STEAK AND SHRIMP DINNER - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
5/5 (31)Total Time 12 minsCuisine JapaneseCalories 560 per serving
Location 1500 Village Market Place, Morrisville, NC 27560Phone (919) 462-9899
IZUMI SUSHI AND HIBACHI STEAK HOUSE - 231 PHOTOS - SUSHI ...
4/5 (195)Fri 11Cuisine Sushi BarsSat 12
THE ULTIMATE BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO HIBACHI GRILLING ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
HIBACHI JAPANESE STEAK HOUSE, ERIE - TRIPADVISOR
4/5 (66)Location 3000 W 12th St, Erie, 16505-3837, Pennsylvania
FOOD | HIBACHI JAPAN
HIBACHI STEAK NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIBACHI AND TEPPANYAKI ...
HIBACHI STEAKS - HOLY GRAIL STEAK CO.
HIBACHI STEAK RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MR. HIBACHI STEAK HOUSE
ROCKY HIBACHI - HIBACHI, HIBACHI, FOOD TRUCK, HIBACHI GRILL
HIBACHI PLUS – HIBACHI CUISINE ON WHEELS
HIBACHI STEAK RECIPE WITH FRIED RICE
HIBACHI PAPí | BEST TEPPANYAKI RESTAURANT IN LOS ANGELES
HIBACHI MENU – HIBACHI DARUMA FOOD TRUCK
HIBACHI STEAK – CHICOT HIBACHI EXPRESS – NORTH HILLS
HIBACHI STEAK NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
HIBACHI STEAK HOUSE, ANAHEIM - ANAHEIM HLLS - MENU, PRICES ...
HIBACHI STEAK AND LOBSTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FUJIYAMA STEAK HOUSE & BAR-RICHLAND - RICHLAND, WA | OPENTABLE
AMAZON.CA: HIBACHI GRILL
You'll also love