GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI POWDER AND LIME
Grilled corn always elicits oohs and aahs, even though it only takes minutes to make. Imagine, then, how doubly impressed your friends will be when you toss the corn with a spicy seasoning.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 16 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Grill corn over high heat, turning until lightly blackened in places and kernels are just tender when pressed, about 12 minutes.
- Cut each ear into 4 pieces. Transfer to a sturdy, medium-size paper bag and squeeze lime over corn. Sprinkle with chili powder and coarse salt. Close bag and shake to coat. Serve immediately from the bag or in a bowl.
CORN WITH CHILE LIME BUTTER RECIPE | GRILLING
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 pound of the butter, chile powder, cayenne pepper, lime zest, and lime juice until thoroughly combined Set aside.
- Lightly butter the corn with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap ears individually in aluminum foil.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over the charcoal grate. Alternatively, set all the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place the foiled corn on the grill and cook until tender and slightly charred, about 20 minutes, turning 4 times during cooking. Remove from the grill and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Open the foil, slather each ear in the chile-lime butter, and serve with the lime wedges. This Recipe Appears In Serious Entertaining: Backyard Burger Bash
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 kcal, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 36 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 490 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize 6, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
GRILLED CORN WITH LIME AND CHILE
Easy to prepare and just as easy to love, spicy, zesty corn is a delicious summer appetizer. To eat, dip a lime wedge in the salt and chile powder, then run it over the hot grilled corn.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly brush hot grill with oil. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until kernels are tender and charred in spots, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer corn to a serving platter and serve with lime wedges, salt, and chile powder.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI LIME BUTTER
Chili lime butter adds a delicious finishing touch to grilled corn on the cob. Perfect to accompany any barbecue gathering, large or small. The butter can be flavored one day ahead and then brought to room temperature before serving.
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 6 ears of corn
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the butter in a small bowl, add the chili powder, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño and salt and mix well.
- Shape the butter into any form you like, cover and place in the refrigerator until shortly before ready to serve, at which time allow butter to soften.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place corn (in husk) on the grill, rotating the corn so you cook on all sides, for approximately 15 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly (so you are able to peel the husk) and peel. Place corn back on grill over the same flame for about 4 minutes, once again rotating the corn for even grill marks.
- Serve the corn immediately with the chili lime butter.
- Cooking option: Place the corn (in the husk) on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes (21/2 minutes per side); when ready to grill, remove the husks and grill over a medium-high flame for about 2 minutes per side.
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILI-LIME BUTTER AND COTIJA CHEESE
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn in their husks until the husks start to blacken, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mix together the butter, chili powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice and some salt and black pepper in a bowl until incorporated.
- Peel back the corn husks, leaving on to use as handles while eating. Rub the chili-lime butter all over the corn. Garnish with the cotija cheese.
CREAMY CHILI-LIME CORN
This irresistible side is inspired by Mexican esquites-the popular street food of roasted corn tossed with lime, chiles and cheese. We seasoned the corn with chili powder and garlic, and then tossed with yogurt in place of Mexican crema.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk together the cilantro, yogurt, lime zest and juice, 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Pat the corn dry with paper towels and toss with the chili powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the foam subsides, add the corn and cook undisturbed until it starts to brown slightly in some spots, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lime-yogurt mixture, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a serving dish and top with cilantro, the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan and a sprinkle of chili powder.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 calorie, Fat 9 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Cholesterol 20 milligrams, Sodium 550 milligrams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 6 grams
CHILI LIME CORN ON THE COB
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lime zest and juice, chili powder, garlic and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Carefully peel back husk from the ear, without detaching from the bottom, remove silk from corn, fold the husk back around the ears and soak in water for 30 to 45 minutes. Make sure to weigh down the ears so that they are fully submerged.
- Preheat a grill to medium, indirect heat. Remove ears from water, drain, open husk, dry ears with paper towel and spread butter mixture evenly on corn. Fold husk back over corn and grill, turning often, for 35 minutes (change heat to medium-high for the last ten minutes of grilling). Serve immediately.
CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILI AND LIME
- Simmer corn 6 to 8 minutes in water. Drain and arrange the ears on a shallow plate in a single row. Squeeze all of the ears liberally with lime juice. Nest pats of butter into paper towels, or in a slice of bread and rub lime-doused hot corn with butter. Season ears with a sprinkle of chili powder and salt, to taste
GRILLED CORN WITH SPICY CHILI BUTTER
- Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. When melted, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne and cook about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Prepare the corn by removing all but the innermost layer of the husk. The kernels should be covered but visible through the layer. Use scissors to snip off the silk ends.
- Grill the corn over medium-hot fire, turning corn every 2 minutes until the dark outlines of the kernels show through the husk and the husk is charred and beginning to peel away from the kernels, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the corn to a platter. Remove and discard charred husk and silk. Using brush, brush each ear with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.9, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 85.1, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 3.8, Protein 4.1
EASY GRILLED CORN WITH LIME AND CHEESE
Whether raw or cooked, corn on the cob doesn't require much to make it taste absolutely delicious. Here, we combine reduced-fat mayonnaise, lime juice, and chili powder and brush it on grilled corn, then sprinkle on finely grated feta cheese for the finishing touch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat grill to high. Soak corn in cold water, turning occasionally, 10 minutes. Transfer to grill. Cover; cook, turning, until husks are charred, 10 minutes. Remove.
- Using a kitchen towel, pull back husks; remove and discard corn silks. Return corn to grill (with husks pulled back and off heat). Cover; cook, turning, until kernels are charred in spots, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine reduced-fat mayonnaise, lime juice, and chili powder; brush on cooked corn. Dust with finely grated feta cheese. Season with coarse salt; serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g
CHILI LIME GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
A southwest twist on corn on the cob. A truly flavorful experience! From Chatelaine August 2011. The taste of summer!
Provided by Isabeau
Yield 12 12 ears corn, 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high. Husk corn. Soak in water at least 5 minutes before grilling.
- Stir lime juice with chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. (We would suggest adding tequilla) Set aside.
- Place cobs on grill, using tongs to turn every 2 minutes until charred, about 10 min total. After each turn, brush the length of the cob with juice mixture. Transer to a platter. Serve when cool enough to handle.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILE-LIME SALT
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Finely zest limes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over zest; combine with your hands. Spread mixture into an even layer and bake until dried, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then stir in chile powder. Chile-lime salt can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
- Peel back corn husks toward stem ends; remove silks. Rewrap husks and tie with long pieces of husk or twine. Soak corn in a large bowl of water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill corn, turning, until steamed through and charred in places, 12 to 15 minutes. To serve, unwrap husks, brush each ear with butter, sprinkle with chile-lime salt, and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with chopped jalapenos and cilantro.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILE-LIME SPREAD
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except corn.
- Remove large outer husks from each ear of corn; gently pull back inner husks and remove silk. Spread each ear of corn with about 2 teaspoons butter mixture; reserve remaining butter mixture. Pull husks up over ears.
- Place corn on grill. Cook uncovered over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve corn with remaining butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 105 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1/2 g
LIME GRILLED CORN (NOT FOR SISSIES)
The best corn fresh off the grill with a real kick! Cut back on the spice if you don't like it this hot. The four hours prep time is just for soaking the corn. You must soak the corn so that the husks don't catch fire!
Provided by pamela t.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel back husks. Scrub and rinse corn removing silk.
- Place in sink or large pot.
- Cover with water and soak 2-4 hours.
- Drain well.
- Peel back husks.
- Mix sea salt and lime peel (use mandolin or grater).
- Rub butter on corn.
- Sprinkle with lime salt.
- Dice jalapenos--seeds and all.
- Sprinkle each ear with jalapenos.
- Wrap up with husks.
- Secure husks with foil.
- Grill 12-15 minutes.
- Remove husks carefully.
- Mix chili powder and remaining butter.
- Add to corn.
- Squeeze lime juice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.8, Fat 17.2, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 40.7, Sodium 1305.3, Carbohydrate 35.3, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 4.8, Protein 4.6
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILI LIME MAYO
The sauce, by itself, is nothing to write home about. But, smeared on the sweet corn, oh boy! My husband declared, "Now, this is a man's corn!" Every bite he took was accompanied by an extra loud mmmmmmmmmm! The corn can be grilled outside or on a stove top grill pan. Adapted from "Men's Health" magazine. Go figure.
Provided by threeovens
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 ears of corn, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Open husks, but leave attached, and remove silks from corn; replace husks and soak corn in cold water 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Remove corn from water and cook, turning occasionally, 15 minutes until tender; place in warm oven until ready to serve.
- While corn is cooking combine mayonnaise, chili powder, and Parmesan in a small bowl; thin to desired consistency with fresh lime juice.
- To serve, remove husks and spread corn with chili lime mayo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 4.1, Sodium 103.3, Carbohydrate 31.6, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 5.3, Protein 5.2
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH CHILE AND LIME
- Mix crema mexicana, fresh lime juice, chile powder, and coarse kosher salt in small bowl to blend. DO AHEAD Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Remove outer husks from corn, leaving inner pale green husks attached. Fold back inner husks; remove corn silk. Sprinkle corn with salt and pepper. Rewrap inner husks around corn. Grill corn until husks are charred and beginning to pull away and corn is tender, turning frequently, about 10 minutes. Grill lime quarters until lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Pull husks away from corn to expose kernels. Place corn and lime on platter. Brush corn with crema-lime mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.
More about "grilled corn with chili powder and lime food"
CHILI-LIME GRILLED CORN-ON-THE-COB - YUM TASTE
CHILI LIME GRILLED CORN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED CORN WITH CILANTRO LIME BUTTER - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHILI-LIME GRILLED CORN - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
GRILLED CORN WITH SWEET CHILI SAUCE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
GRILLED CHILI LIME BUTTER CORN ON THE COB - EATWELL101
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILES, CHEESE AND LIME RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CHILI LIME GRILLED CORN | GRILLINFOOLS
CHILI-LIME GRILLED CORN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHILI LIME GRILLED CORN ON THE COB - DHERBS, INC.
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI AND LIME RECIPE - WINDSOR SALT
CHILI LIME GRILLED STREET CORN | THREE FARMERS
CHILI LIME CORN ON THE COB ON THE GRILL - MY TURN FOR US
GRILLED MEXICAN CORN WITH CHILI LIME BUTTER - BIG DELICIOUS LIFE
CHILI LIME CORN RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH LIME JUICE AND CHILI POWDER
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI AND LIME - MORTON SALT
CHILI AND LIME GRILLED CORN - KIWI AND CARROT
AMAZING GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI-LIME BUTTER - JUST~ONE~DONNA
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI LIME MAYONNAISE | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI, CHEESE, AND LIME - THE BEACHBODY BLOG
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI LIME BUTTER RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
GRILLED CORN WITH CHIPOTLE LIME BUTTER - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
GRILLED CHILI LIME CORN - THE COUNTRY COOK
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH LIME BUTTER - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHILI LIME GRILLED CORN ON THE COB - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
GRILLED CHILI-LIME CORN RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED MEXICAN CORN WITH MAYO - A COUPLE COOKS
GRILLED CORN ON THE COB WITH PARMESAN CHILI BUTTER
CHILE LIME GRILLED SWEET CORN | MCCORMICK
GRILLED CORN WITH CHILI-LIME BUTTER - WHOLE FOODS MARKET
You'll also love