CROCKPOT BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
A thick and hearty Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup packed with healthy vegetables and lean beef, cooked in a rich, savory broth. Comforting and so satisfying!
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high. Add the beef and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Brown the beef on all sides, disturbing it as little as possible on each side so that it develops nice coloring. Once the beef is lightly browned (it won't be all the way cooked through), remove it to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- To the pan, add the onion. Cook and stir until the onion is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and let cook 30 seconds. Splash in about 1/2 cup the beef broth and scrape up any browned bits that have stuck to the bottom (this is flavor!). Let the broth reduce for 2 minutes, then transfer the entire mixture to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, and celery.
- Add the diced tomatoes in their juices, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire, oregano, paprika, sugar, 2 1/2 cups beef broth, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until the beef and vegetables are tender. Stir in the peas, just until warmed through. If the soup is thicker than you would like, add the remaining 1 cup beef broth until you reach your desired consistency. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 (of 6); about 1 1/2 cups, Calories 283 kcal, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 24 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 47 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 11 g
My family of five likes to eat beef, so this recipe is a favorite. I usually serve it with homemade bread or rolls to soak up the tasty gravy. -Vicki Tormaschy, Dickinson, North Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef on both sides. Place onion and green pepper in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, dill, thyme, pepper and pepper flakes; pour over beef. Cover and cook on high until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 hours., Remove beef and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Return beef to the slow cooker; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 305mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW COOKER GROUND BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Here's an old-time hamburger and mixed vegetable soup, made the way Grandma made it...if Grandma had a slow cooker. If you can't go home and check on it on a week day be sure to added extra broth at the beginning. A large bag of frozen mixed vegetables can be used in place of the canned vegetables.
Provided by Cindy
Categories Beef Soup
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stir beef broth, ground sirloin, corn, green beans, peas, tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, celery seed, and bay leaves together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Check for moisture and add broth as needed. Continue cooking another 4 hours. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 22.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 1465 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat. Mix in green bell pepper. Cook and stir until beef is brown and peppers are tender. Drain grease, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix crushed tomatoes and mixed vegetables into the slow cooker. Pour in beef broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on low.
- Mix pasta into the slow cooker during the last 15 minutes of cook time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.3, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 38.6, Sodium 1644.7, Carbohydrate 35.3, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 4, Protein 21.3
SLOW COOKER BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
- Place meat, corn, green beans, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, soup mix, and salt and pepper to taste into the slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours. Add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.3 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 50.7 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 1251.6 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
GRANDMA'S BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
This is one of my grandmother's recipes. Grandma use to put whatever she had in her kitchen into this soup. A big pot of homemade soup was always the favorite dish in my grandmas house. Back then with 9 kids it was always soups and stews.
Provided by litldarlin
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cover one blade roast and suet with water.
- Cook until tender.
- Add a few slices of onion and celery for flavor.
- Remove the meat.
- Add all your vegetables in chunks:.
- Cook vegetables until tender.
- Add one large can of whole tomatoes or diced tomatoes.
- Then add the meat back into the soup.
- Cook 8 -10 minutes longer then serve and enjoy.
- Note: If you want the soup to be thicker, you can use 1 can of Tomato Paste.
GRANDMA G'S VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
Leave off the beef and you have a great vegetable soup! The vegetables I use are either fresh or I froze them during the harvest months. You will need a large stock pot (about 20 quart); if you don't have one large enough halve the recipe. I only make this soup once a year now. What I usually do is set aside the amount we will eat in a 2-quart sauce pan and add more water and the potatoes. I let the stock pot of soup cool and freeze the remainder in quart bags. It's great served with sandwiches, cornbread or crackers. I know all these vegetables may not be located around the world, but they are plentiful here in Southeast America in the summertime, at the markets. Some are available in frozen foods at large supermarkets. Finished amounts are an estimate.
Provided by GrandmaG
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 4 Gallons
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In large stockpot filled halfway with water, add beef, bouillion, tomato, onions, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for one hour.
- Add all other ingredients EXCEPT potatoes, and water up to 2 inches from top of pot.
- (You have to have a pot large enough to cover vegetables with enough water to boil).
- Reduce heat to meduim-low and cover.
- Cook for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent vegetables from sticking to bottom.
- Remove what you will be eating and set stock pot aside to cool.
- Add potatoes to soup you will be eating and another cup of water.
- Cook until potatoes are soft.
- I freeze the remainder in quart bags.
- When I reheat, sometimes I add macaroni noodles instead of potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1055.8, Fat 14.3, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 145.4, Sodium 2762.3, Carbohydrate 154.3, Fiber 32.7, Sugar 37.2, Protein 91
GRANDMA'S VEGETABLE SOUP
I used to love it when I went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa in Georgia. They made almost everything from scratch. This was one of my favorite dishes. Cooking time is approximate.
Provided by Icancook2
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brown ground beef.
- Add all but rice and macaroni, do not drain.
- let cook until potatoes are medium soft.
- add rice and cook 10 minutes.
- add macaroni and let cook until tender.
More about "grandmas slow cooker beef and vegetable soup food"
SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SPEND …
4.9/5 (71)Total Time 8 hrs 15 minsCategory SoupCalories 232 per serving
- In a large frying pan over high heat, fry beef in oil just until browned on all sides. Add beef to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, garlic, parsley, paprika and pepper to slow cooker and stir to combine.
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
12 DELICIOUS GRANDMA-APPROVED WEEKNIGHT …
HEALTHY CROCKPOT SOUP RECIPE WITH VEGETABLES AND NOODLES
OLD FASHIONED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - MIGHTY MRS | SUPER EASY …
BEEF VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP
SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - CINCYSHOPPER
GRANDMA'S BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - MOMS INTO FITNESS
5 REASONS TO MAKE BEEF STOCK YOUR GO-TO FOR VEGETABLE SOUP
GRANDMA'S FAVORITE SLOW-COOKER RECIPES
25 CROCKPOT CAMPING MEALS - EASY & DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER MEAL …
GRANDMAS VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE SOUP (DUMP AND GO!) - REAL …
GRANDMA'S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP - EASY COOK FIND
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EVER GRANDMA’S VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
GRANDMA'S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP | RECIPE CART
GRANDMA'S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP | PUNCHFORK
50 DUMP AND GO SLOW COOKER RECIPES - CREATE KIDS CLUB
GRANDMOTHER'S HAMBURGER SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
GRANDMA'S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
GRANDMA’S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
GRANDMA'S SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
You'll also love