EGG FOO YOUNG
- Crack 6 eggs into a large bowl.
- Clean barbeque pork into thin slices.
- Blanch the bamboo shoot in hot water for half a minute. Remove and cut it into thin slices.
- Add the barbeque pork, chopped onions, slices of mushrooms, bamboo shoot, bean sprouts, salt, light soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch into the whisked eggs. Mix well.
- Heat up some vegetable oil in the wok. When it starts to become smoky. Remove the excess oil from the wok. The wok is now coated with a ten layer of hot oil.
- While the wok is still hot, pour the egg mixture into the center. The edge of the egg will immediately bubble and puff up.
- Once the edge is puffed up, reduce the heat to medium or low and like it undisturbed until the bottom is set. You can swirl the egg around in the wok.
- Cook bottom side of the egg pancake until golden brown. Tuen the egg over and cook the other side. When it tun aromatic and golden brown, remove and place it on a chopping board.
- Cut the egg into wedges (much like pizza). Dish out and serve.
- If you prefer to serve it with the sauce, just put all the ingredients in B in a pot, bring it to a boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 658 calories, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 603 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 34 grams fat, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 2 servings, Sodium 2543 milligrams sodium, Sugar 21 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams unsaturated fat
EGG FOO YOUNG (CHINESE OMELETTE)
Recipe video above. This is how the Chinese do omelettes! Egg Foo Young was created as a recipe to use up leftovers, so make this your own using what you have - see Notes for the formula. Otherwise, use EITHER the prawn/shrimp or pork filling. Makes 4 small omelettes, serves 2 as meal with rice, or 4 as part of a banquet.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Mix cornflour and soy sauce. Then add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Simmer for 1 minute until sauce thickens to thin syrup consistency. Remove from stove, set aside.
- MICROWAVE option: Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir very well, microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes until thickened. Mix well again.
- Place pork in a bowl, add remaining ingredients. Use fork to mix through.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Add beansprouts, green onions, pork or prawns, salt and pepper. If using pork, crumble the raw pork in with fingers (see video). Mix through.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil and drizzle of sesame oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of garlic and quickly saute (10 seconds) and push into centre of skillet.
- Ladle in 1/4 of batter. Use spatular to push edges in to form a round(ish) shape.
- Cook until the underside is light golden (about 1 1/2 minutes) then flip and cook the other side for 1 minute. The raw meat will cook through in this time. Repeat with remaining egg to make 4 omelettes (use 2 pans if you can!).
- Slide omelette onto plate. Pour over sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if using.
- Serve with a side of rice and steamed vegetables of choice. Double the sauce if you want enough to pour over the rice and veggies! (Click on Servings to scale recipe up).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 16 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 309 mg, Sodium 838 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EGG FU YONG (CHINESE OMELETTE)
Just a little something I found in a magazine. I am yet to try this. The recipe calls for flavor enhancer sauce. I haven't looked yet, but I am assuming you can find this in an International foods store. 4th March, 2008: The flavor enhancer sauce might be Maggi seasoning (Thank you Happy Hippie C#122878 for the tip).
Provided by Galley Devil
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the oils and the spring onion.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and pour in the vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot, pour in the egg mixture and cook on moderate heat.
- When the surface begins to cook, drizzle sesame oil around the omlette.
- Flip and repeat for the other side.
- Cut into four pieces and garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve hot.
EGG FOO YUNG
- Beat eggs.
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add green onions, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper to the eggs.
- Pour 1 ladle of egg mixture into pan, pushing eggs back into center of egg mixture.
- Flip over and brown other side.
- EGG FOO YUNG SAUCE:.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In another saucepan, cook beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce and corn starch together until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.8, Fat 17.2, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 423.4, Sodium 1367.7, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 15.8
More about "egg foo young chinese omelette food"
CHINESE OMELETTE ( EGG FOO YOUNG ) - KHIN'S KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Category Main Course, Starter
- First chop the prawns into small pieces. I am using chicken mince in this recipe. ( If you are using chicken meat, you can chop the chicken into small pieces.)
- To prepare the vegetables, finely chop the garlic cloves, julienne the carrot, cut the spring onion and chilli into thin slices.
- Heat a wok or pan into high heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable of oil. Stir fry the chicken mince for 1-2 minutes then add the chop garlic and stir for few seconds and follow with the prawns. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from wok and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add all the cut vegetables, cooked chicken and prawn mince. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper, sesame oil and salt to taste. ( If you don't have white pepper, you can add black pepper instead. ) Mix well to combine all ingredients evenly.
EGG FOO YOUNG | TRADITIONAL EGG DISH FROM SHANGHAI, CHINA
EGG FU YUNG RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SUPER EASY EGG FOO YUNG RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
EGG FOO YUNG RECIPE | GET CRACKING - EGGS.CA
CHINESE EGG FOO YUNG: HISTORY, TIPS, AND RECIPES
EGG FOO YOUNG (CHINESE OMELETTE) - PUNCHFORK
MOM'S NOODLE EGG FOO YOUNG - A DAY IN THE KITCHEN
EGG FOO YOUNG | ASIAN OMELET — SMOKE & SALT
FAQ: HOW TO MAKE EGG FOO YOUNG LIKE CHINESE RESTAURANT STYLE?
PORK EGG FOO YOUNG CHINESE OMELET – THE STEP BY STEP CHEF: …
BEEF EGG FOO YOUNG - CHINESE OMELETTE - YOUTUBE
EGG FOO YUNG: CHINESE STYLE OMELETTE - MOORLANDS EATER
WHAT IS EGG FOO YOUNG? - FORKNPLATE
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE VEGAN | DEPORECIPE.CO
EGG FOO YOUNG (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT) - RASA MALAYSIA
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHICKEN EGG FOO YOUNG - THE WOKS OF LIFE
THE BEGINNER’S GUIDE OF THE EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE - MISS …
CHICKEN EGG FOO YOUNG | CHICKEN.CA
EGG FOO YOUNG (芙蓉蛋) THE CHINESE STUFFED OMELETTE
EGG FOO YOUNG GRAVY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EGG FOO YOUNG CHINESE OMELETTE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE OMELETTE (EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE)
EGG FOO YUNG WITH GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EGG FOO YOUNG WITH GRAVY RECIPE FOR THE CHINESE OMELETTE
EASY EGG FOO YOUNG AND GRAVY RECIPE - COPYKAT RECIPES
SHRIMP EGG FOO YOUNG - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
苦苣芙蓉蛋 : ENDIVE EGG FOO YOUNG (CHINESE OMELETTE) | YING …
EGG FOO YOUNG (CHINESE OMELETTE) - PINTEREST
THE BEST EGG FOO YOUNG 芙蓉蛋 CHINESE OMELETTE - SPICE N' PANS
THE UNTOLD TRUTH OF EGG FOO YOUNG - MASHED.COM
EGG FOO YOUNG - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE (CHINESE-AMERICAN OMELETTE) | KITCHN
QUICK & EASY EGG FOO YOUNG W/ GRAVY 芙蓉蛋 CHINESE OMELETTE …
EGG FOO YOUNG ARTICLE 2022 | BAGLUNCH.NET
EFFORTLESS EGG FOO YUNG RECIPE - EASY CHINESE STYLE OMELETTE
EGG FOO YOUNG (CHINESE OMELETTE, 芙蓉蛋) - RED HOUSE SPICE
THE BIGGEST MISTAKES YOU'RE MAKING WITH EGG FOO YOUNG
IS EGG FOO YOUNG REAL CHINESE FOOD? - FROM HUNGER TO HOPE
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE FOR THE CANTONESE OMELETTE FU …
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO) - WHISKAFFAIR
EGG FOO YOUNG - 101-MILE KITCHEN
EGG FOO YOUNG RECIPE ARTICLE 2022 | BAGLUNCH.NET
You'll also love