CRISPY POTATO GALETTE
If you love all things potatoes, then you will adore this baked potato galette.
Provided by Anna Theoktisto
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium. Add oil and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons mixture in skillet. Add potatoes, shallots, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Starting in center of skillet, arrange potato and shallot slices in a circular pattern, slightly overlapping slices, until bottom of skillet is covered. Repeat process using remaining potato and shallot. Pour any remaining butter mixture in bowl over potato mixture. Press down firmly in skillet. Place skillet over high heat. Cook, undisturbed, until mixture begins to sizzle, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender and browned, about 50 minutes. Cool in skillet 20 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter; cut into wedges.
SKILLET POTATO GALETTE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. When the butter foams, add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream, nutmeg and a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Lay the pie crust in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Leaving about a 1-inch border of crust uncovered, shingle half the potatoes in circles to cover the crust. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and half the cheese. Repeat with the remaining potatoes. Gently fold the edge of the pie crust over the potatoes, pleating it to make a pattern. Brush the crust with the egg wash. Drizzle the cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about another 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice and serve! Garnish with a pretty herb like Rosemary, FOR DRAMA.
A staple of the French countryside, potato galette is an ideal accompaniment to roasted chicken or beef tenderloin. Be sure to use clarified butter, which will not burn as quickly as regular butter during the galette's long cooking time.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat clarified butter in a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until very hot, but not smoking. Place a sprig of thyme in center of skillet. Arrange potatoes in an overlapping spiral to fill pan (be careful, because the fat may spatter). Season with salt and pepper. Brush the bottom of a medium saute pan with clarified butter, and place over potatoes to weigh them down. Cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Carefully pour off excess butter, if there is any, and reserve. Turn galette out onto a baking sheet. Place another sprig of thyme in center of skillet. Using two spatulas, carefully return galette to skillet, browned side up. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with saute pan; transfer to oven, and bake until second side is brown and potatoes are cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes more. Remove top saute pan 5 minutes before removing skillet from oven. Carefully slide galette onto cutting board. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.
Individual galettes can be frozen and re-heated when needed. Great with diagonally sliced chicken breast served on top of each galette.
Provided by Ninna
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and start overlapping the potato slices into 6 individual galettes - making circles about 10cm.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper, shallots and parmesan; continue layering, the last and third layer will be just potato slices, spray lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 180degC (350degF)for 40mins; don't let them brown if they are to be frozen and reheated at a later stage.
- The galettes can be cooked until just starting to brown, then frozen and later reheated to crisp and brown by reheating in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.4, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 269.2, Carbohydrate 40.1, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 1.8, Protein 11.1
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE
- Line large bowl with kitchen towel.
- Coarsely grate potatoes into towel.
- Enclose potatoes in towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using spatula, press half of potatoes over bottom of skillet in even layer.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Leaving 1/2 inch plain border, sprinkle cheese and white parts of onions over potatoes.
- Press remaining potatoes over filling in even layer.
- Cook until crisp and golden on bottom, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Place rimless baking sheet over skillet and invert galette onto sheet.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to same skillet.
- Slide galette, browned side up, into skillet.
- Cook until crisp and golden on second side, about 10 minutes longer.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Turn out onto baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature. Reheat on sheet in 350F oven until crisp, about 15 minutes.) Transfer to platter, Cut into 6-8 wedges.
- Top with green parts of onion.
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE
- Line large bowl with kitchen towel. Coarsely grate potatoes into towel. Enclose potatoes in towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using metal spatula, press half of potatoes over bottom of skillet in even layer. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Leaving 1/2 inch plain border, sprinkle cheese and white parts of onions over potatoes. Press remaining potatoes over filling in even layer. Cook until crisp and golden on bottom, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 10 minutes. Place rimless baking sheet over skillet and invert galette onto sheet. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Slide galette, browned side up, into skillet. Cook until crisp and golden on second side, about 10 minutes longer. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Turn out onto baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm on sheet in 350°F oven until crisp, about 15 minutes.) Transfer to platter. Cut into 8 wedges. Top with green parts of onions.
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE
- In a small bowl stir together the butter and the oil. In a food processor fitted with a 1-millimeter slicing blade or with a mandoline or similar hand-held slicing device, slice the potatoes thin. Working quickly to prevent the potatoes from discoloring, brush the bottom of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with some of the butter mixture and cover it with a layer of the potato slices, overlapping them. Brush the potatoes with some of the remaining butter mixture, sprinkle them with some of the rosemary, and season them with salt and pepper. Layer the remaining potatoes with the remaining butter mixture and the rosemary in the same manner.
- Heat the mixture over moderately high heat until it begins to sizzle, transfer the skillet to the middle of a preheated 450°F. oven, and bake the galette for 25 minutes, or until it is golden and the potatoes are tender. Cut the galette into wedges.
CRISP POTATO CAKE (GALETTE DE POMME DE TERRE)
A well-seasoned cast-iron pan is ideal for making this easy, comforting side dish. Make sure the potatoes are sliced thin, and dry them well before assembling the dish. This will ensure full crispiness.
Provided by Harold Mcgee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pat potatoes dry if very starchy or moist. In a sauté pan large enough to fit potato slices in just two layers, spread 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper to taste. Starting in center, arrange potato slices in a closely overlapping, attractive spiral. When pan is filled, repeat to make a second layer.
- Place pan over medium heat and cover. Slowly cook potatoes until well browned on underside, about 15 minutes, occasionally shaking pan gently to avoid sticking. Wipe inside of lid as needed to keep it dry.
- Press potatoes down with a flat spatula and remove from heat. Place a larger platter over pan and flip it upside down, transferring potatoes to the platter. Check pan to make sure it is clean and has enough oil to keep potatoes from sticking.
- Slide galette, raw side down, back into pan, and return to medium heat. Cover and cook until well browned, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a persillade by combining parsley and garlic in a small bowl. To serve, slide galette onto a serving platter, season to taste with salt, and garnish with persillade or thyme.
POTATO AND TOMATO GALETTES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with oil; set aside. Stir thyme, oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheet, overlapping slices slightly in a spiral to make 4 rounds (about 5 inches in diameter each). Add tomatoes to bowl with remaining oil mixture; turn to coat. Place 2 tomato slices on top of each potato round. Bake until potatoes are tender and edges are beginning to brown, 15 to 22 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
More about "crusty potato galette food"
EASY FRENCH POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
POTATO, SAUSAGE AND ROSEMARY GALETTE - THE CANDID …
15 GALETTES THAT ARE EASIER THAN, WELL, PIE | BON APPéTIT
GARLIC AND ONION POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE - GOOD THINGS BAKING CO
Servings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Sides
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET POTATO AND YAM GALETTE RECIPES
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE | SAVORYGOURMET
GRATED POTATO GALETTE à LA JULIA CHILD - PUDGE FACTOR
POTATO GALETTE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, BACON ... - FOOD WITHOUT …
POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO GALETTE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE RECIPE BY FATFREE.N.GUILTLESS | IFOOD.TV
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
POTATO GALETTE WITH BACON AND CHEESE - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE - WONDROUS COOKING
ROASTED POTATO GALETTE WITH CHEDDAR AND CHIVES - JOY THE BAKER
CRISPY SALAMETTI & SCALLOPED POTATO GALETTE | RECIPES | SCHNEIDERS
MOLLY'S POTATO GALETTE | FOOD NETWORK
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE WITH DILL CREAM, SMOKED SALMON AND
ROSEMARY POTATO GALETTE WITH BACON CRUMBLES - COOGAN'S KITCHEN
EASY SAVORY GALETTE RECIPE WITH BEEF & POTATO - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
DUCK FAT POTATO GALETTE WITH COMTé CHEESE | KITCHN
LITTLE POTATO GALETTE - THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
POTATO GALETTE — SLICE | WHERE THE FOOD'S AT
5 MATERIALS! CRISPY POTATO CHEESE GALETTE | EASY RECIPE AT HOME …
SUPER EASY POTATO GALETTE » DJALALI COOKS
THANKSGIVING: AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN'S GORGEOUS POTATO GALETTE
POTATO GALETTE WITH GARLIC CREAM - HANIELA'S
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE WITH SMOKED FISH AND DILL CRèME
21 GALETTE RECIPES FOR WHEN PIE ISN’T EASY ENOUGH
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE - BIGOVEN
POTATO GALETTE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
POTATO GALETTE WITH GARLIC HERBS - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
POTATO GALETTE- HERBED CREAM SAUCE & SWISS CHEESE POTATO …
You'll also love