A five-ingredient treat for the chocolate sandwich cookie enthusiast...what's not to love? These truffles encase a soft cookie filling with a chocolatey shell. They're fun to decorate with cookie crumbs or sprinkles, depending on the occasion.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 24 truffles
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulse the cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs. Remove 2 tablespoons crumbs to a small bowl and reserve. Add the cream cheese and pulse until it just comes together. Transfer to a large bowl and knead a few times until completely combined.
- Roll into 24 balls, each about 2 heaping tablespoons. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until chilled through, about 45 minutes.
- Put the semisweet chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl with 1 tablespoon oil. Put the white chocolate chips in another medium heatproof bowl with the remaining tablespoon oil. Melt the chocolate mixtures one at a time, stirring occasionally, over a double boiler until smooth.
- Drop one truffle at a time into the semisweet chocolate mixture, using two forks to evenly coat. Tap any excess chocolate off, then return to the baking sheet. Drizzle with the white chocolate mixture, then quickly sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs. Continue until all the truffles are coated and decorated. Return to the refrigerator to set, about 5 minutes. Serve chilled.
Pop these homemade Christmas truffles in a pretty box if you want to give them as a gift. Kids will love giving them to family and friends
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Categories Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 35
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl, then put the cream and butter in a pan and bring to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until it melts. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 7 hrs.
- Put the coatings into separate bowls. To shape the truffles, lightly rub your hands with flavourless oil and roll teaspoons of the truffle mix between your palms - this can get messy!
- Gently roll the truffles in the bowl until evenly coated, then put in a box and chill. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for three days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
EASY OREO TRUFFLES
These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can't go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate!
Provided by Baker's
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
EASY PEASY OREO TRUFFLES
An easy recipe perfect for Birthdays, Christmas, School Fair or just as a little treat. Fun to make with the kids to!
Provided by photolstewart
Yield Makes Pieces
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Take all the Oreo's out of their packet and put them into a food bag. Grab your rolling pin and give them a good bash until they are just crumbs. (You may need to double bag them, as the bag may burst.) Alternatively you can use a food processor.
- 2. Put the Cream Cheese in a large bowl and add a splash of Vanilla Extract and mix through. The reason I add the Vanilla Extract it Cream Cheese is often very cheesy, the vanilla sweetens it!
- Add the bashed Oreo's to the Cream Cheese & Vanilla mix and mix it thoroughly. The more Oreo that goes in the harder it becomes to mix but ensure you add pretty much all of it. You may not be able to use all the Oreo's as they have an inconsistent filling and may make a thicker mixture. (If you have Oreo's left over, it's perfect for topping the Truffles once they've been coated in chocolate).
- Take approximately a tsp of the Oreo mixture and roll it in your hands to make a small ball. The truffles can be made bigger, but they are very thick and sweet so smaller ones are usually more enjoyable. Continue to roll them into balls and put them onto a sheet of baking parchment.
- The Oreo's ideally need at least at hour to cool, this allows them to become slightly harder and less sticky. Making them easier to dip in the chocolate. Although if longer than an hour suits it will not make a difference, I often leave them over night.
- Just before taking the Truffles out start to melt your Chocolate, it's best suited if you use a larger bowl so it is easier to manoeuvre the Truffles.
- Once the Chocolate has completely melted get two forks, put a truffle on the four and dip in in the chocolate until it is totally covered. Take it out and use the other fork to help move the truffle from one to another to drain the excess Chocolate back into the bowl. Put the Truffle down on the paper then you have the option to either put some of the left over Oreo on top of it, or wait until it's dried to add some lines of chocolate in a different colour.
- The longer the Truffles has been chilled, the easier the dipping usually is. If you have made small truffles you can use a Fondue dipping stick, this is often easier but it varies depending on your technique.
- Leave to set, then enjoy!
HOLIDAY OREO TRUFFLES
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor; reserve for later use. (This can also be done in a resealable bag with a rolling pin.).
- Crush the remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1" in diameter.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and place them on a wax paper covered baking sheet. (Any left over chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.).
- Sprinkle the tops of the truffles with the reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store leftover truffles, covered, in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1538.6, Fat 90.4, SaturatedFat 45, Cholesterol 71.4, Sodium 966.4, Carbohydrate 190.1, Fiber 11.8, Sugar 133.5, Protein 17.6
More about "christmas oreo truffles food"
27+ EASY AND FESTIVE CHRISTMAS TRUFFLE RECIPES - INTO THE ...
EASY CHRISTMAS GOLDEN OREO BALLS | LEMONS + ZEST
CHRISTMAS OREO TRUFFLES - NUTMEG NANNY
10 CHRISTMAS 2023 GIFT IDEAS FOR MINIMALISTS WHO SWEAR THEY ...
GRINCH CHRISTMAS TRUFFLES - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
NO BAKE HOLIDAY OREO TRUFFLES | HOLIDAY NO-BAKE DESSERT IDEA
CHRISTMAS OREO TRUFFLE BALLS - MOORE OR LESS COOKING
FIVE CHRISTMAS OREO COOKIE TRUFFLES - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
CHRISTMAS OREO TRUFFLES - ZEN AND HONEY
EASY OREO TRUFFLES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE OREO TRUFFLES - THE ...
OREO TRUFFLES (3 INGREDIENTS) - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
BEST 3-INGREDIENT OREO TRUFFLES - HOW TO MAKE OREO TRUFFLES ...
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS OREO TRUFFLES | FOODTALK
3 INGREDIENT OREO COOKIE CHRISTMAS TRUFFLES - WALKING ON ...
CHRISTMAS OREO TRUFFLES - MSN
CHRISTMAS OREO BALLS - BUILD YOUR BITE
GRINCH TRUFFLES - FESTIVE NO BAKE DESSERT
CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT OREO TRUFFLES - KIM SCHOB
DOLLAR GENERAL'S COPYCAT WILLIAMS-SONOMA HOLIDAY DECOR ...
CHRISTMAS TREE OREO TRUFFLES | NO BAKE OREO DESSERT RECIPE
You'll also love