CARAMELIZED ONION & GARLIC PASTA
This full-flavored recipe is the result of my mom's love of pasta and our love of cooking together. With a bit of pepper heat and smoky bacon, the entree is excellent alone or paired with grilled chicken. -Lacy Jo Matheson, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown., Add the tomatoes, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture., Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and pepper; heat through. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 calories, Fat 25g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 496mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA
All you need for this tasty dinner is a bag of onions, garlic, some dried pasta, and cheese. Caramelizing sliced onions in a little butter and olive oil makes them become sweet and yielding, almost luscious. Pasta water and Parmesan do double duty, adding salt and depth while the creamy sauce forms.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium until butter is melted. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender and deeply golden brown, about 30 minutes. (Stop before the onions become dry and shriveled.) Add red pepper flakes (if using) and 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Remove pot from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta and 1 cup pasta cooking liquid to onion mixture and stir to combine. Add a small handful of cheese and stir until melted. Repeat with remaining cheese, adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed to create a glossy sauce that coats the pasta. Stir in parsley (if using).
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with Parmesan, parsley, and a few cranks of pepper.
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
Cooking onions and mushrooms slowly for a long time concentrates their flavor, which adds depth without a ton of oil. Pairing the onion mixture with whole wheat pasta isn't just a healthful whole grain choice either - the nutty flavor and sturdy chew of the noodles enhance the entire dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven or wide pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until they are lightly browned and they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir well, then add the onions, paprika, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally (more frequently toward the end), until the onions are golden and very tender, about 30 minutes, reducing the heat to medium during the last 10 minutes so the onions don't burn.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain. Add the pasta, 3/4 cup cooking water, the sour cream and vinegar to the mushroom-onion mixture. Toss until the pasta is well coated and slightly saucy, gradually adding the remaining cooking water as needed.
- Add about half each of the parsley, dill and chives to the pasta and toss; season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining parsley, dill and chives.
PENNE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
"This hearty recipe is a favorite of my fly-fishing buddies when we take our annual trip to British Columbia," Paul Humphrey relates from Allyn, Washington. "The pine nuts are a delicious surprise."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pine nuts and garlic in butter until golden brown; set aside. , In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the olives, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drain pasta; add to onion mixture. Stir in feta cheese and pine nut mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374 calories, Fat 22g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 627mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
This recipe it's actually very simple and will make a great anniversary dinner.
Provided by arhg85
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, on a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil and saute the onion with the jalapenioo for a couple of mins. Add sugar, a good splash of wine (I use about 1/4 cup), vinegar and a sprinkle of salt. Reduce heat and let all the ingredients simmer for about 7 mins, until all the alcohol from the wine has evaporated (this is why it's important to use a good wine) and the sugar has melted; you want that onion to be dark and sticky.
- Add the cooked pasta to the caramelized onion, mix well and toss in the thyme and basil. Garnish with grated parmesan.
PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Of all the dishes in this book, this was probably the favorite when we were testing recipes. Everyone we tried it on loved it. Although it takes a little time to caramelize the onions, it's easy (they pretty much just sit in the pan and cook themselves), and you will not believe how sweet and delicious they end up.
Yield serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel the onions and cut into thin slices. Place the oil and onion in a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the onions are cooking, cut the florets from the broccoli and discard the stems. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until al dente. After the pasta has been cooking for 4 minutes, add the broccoli florets to the pasta water for the remainder of the cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli in the colander.
- Add the drained pasta and broccoli, almonds, and balsamic vinegar to the pan of onions and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Balsamic vinegar is made from grapes that have been cooked down to a syrup and then aged. The aging time-anywhere between three and 150 years-is what determines the price. The three-year-old stuff works fine for a college budget (and frankly, we may never in our lives be able to afford the oldest balsamic-it goes for hundreds of dollars an ounce). Cheap but decent balsamic vinegar is nice to have in your pantry-it makes very nice salad dressing when mixed with oil and salt and pepper. Just check the ingredients list to make sure they haven't added caramel or brown sugar to sweeten up an inferior product.
CREAMY CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA
The Associated Press. Note: I cut the servings in half but caramelized the entire three pounds of onions and saved the rest for other recipes. Perfect for weekday meals. Because the onions are caramelizing while you're at work or school, and all you have to do when you arrive home is boil the water for the pasta and lightly wilt the arugula. The only thing I did differently was to serve the ingredients separately in lieu of stirring everything together.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large slow cooker, combine the onions and olive oil. Stir well to coat, then cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until well browned and caramelized.
- When the onions are done, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain, then set pasta aside.
- In the same pot you used to boil the pasta, add the caramelized onions, creme fraiche, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir over medium heat until the arugula just begins to wilt and the cream fraiche is heated through.
- Plate the pasta, spoon the caramelized onion-creme fraiche mixture over it then season with salt, freshly grated black pepper; garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.5, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 80.3, Sodium 108, Carbohydrate 50.3, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 8.9, Protein 9.8
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GARLIC PASTA
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 T oil to the skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper; and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 38.3, Sodium 398.3, Carbohydrate 67.2, Fiber 4, Sugar 7.2, Protein 17
BACON AND ONION PASTA
Building off of the simple but powerfully flavorful Italian dish pasta aglio, olio e peperoncino, this wondrous pantry recipe gets much of its flavor from bacon fat and caramelized onions. The one-two-three punch of spicy red-pepper flakes, aromatic garlic slivers and savory herbes de Provence bloomed in fat provides the umami-rich base for this easy workday meal. Red vermouth creates a rich, jammy pasta sauce edged with sweetness. Don't sleep on angel hair pasta: It's got the right airy bounciness that's excellent at soaking up seasonings. Threaded with parsley and Parmesan, these generously oiled noodles are a dream to eat.
Provided by Eric Kim
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Take the bacon out of its packaging with the slices still stuck together and place on a cutting board. Cut the bacon, still stacked, crosswise into ½-inch slices to create little bacon pieces, also known as lardons. Add to a large rimmed sheet pan. Halve and thinly slice the onions. Add to the sheet pan as well. Drizzle the olive oil over the bacon and onions, season with salt and pepper, and toss until evenly coated.
- Place the sheet pan in a cold oven and then heat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast until the bacon has rendered much of its fat but is still pink and the onions are slightly charred in spots but not too dark, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Smash the garlic cloves with the side of your knife and thinly slice them. When the bacon and onions have had their 20 to 25 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and stir in the garlic, red-pepper flakes, herbes de Provence and vermouth. Place the pan back in the oven and continue cooking until the vermouth is almost evaporated, and the bacon and onions look jammy and caramelized but not burnt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. (Don't overcook it, as angel hair can go from bouncy to soggy in seconds). Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Carefully transfer everything from the pan to the pot with the cooked pasta. Add the parsley and Parmesan to the pasta, and toss until evenly combined, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid if the sauce needs thinning out. Taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed, and serve immediately.
More about "caramelized onion pasta food"
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
Reviews 2Category EntreesCuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 mins
- While the water comes to a boil, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir well to combine. Cook, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat as necessary so the onions don’t burn, for 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, using a spoon to crumble the sausage, and stir it into the onions. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the sausage is cooked through and the onions are deeply golden brown, about 25 minutes more.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - GIRL GONE GOURMET
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 522 per serving
- Coat the bottom of a large pan with the olive oil. Add the sliced onions and turn the heat to low. Cook the onions until they are softened and browned all over, stirring them every once in while (see notes for more details about caramelizing onions).
- While the onions are cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve a quarter cup of the starchy pasta water before draining the pasta.
- When the onions have caramelized, turn the heat up to medium and add the white wine to the pan. Scrape up all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and then add in the vegetable stock and oregano. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce reduce for a few minutes (it shouldn’t be saucy – you want just enough liquid to coat the bottom of the pan). Add the butter to the pan and stir it around so it melts and coats the onions. Add the cooked pasta and toss everything together until the pasta is coated in the sauce. If, needed, add some of the starchy pasta water to thin the sauce.
THE CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPE I ONLY MAKE FOR …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPES
SAUSAGE PESTO PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND PEAS - THE ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA (VEGAN) - OH MY VEGGIES
CARAMELIZED ONION TOMATO PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND BASIL
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - RAINBOW PLANT LIFE
CARAMELIZED ONION AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH GORGONZOLA - BOOTS & HOOVES ...
CARAMELISED ONION LINGUINE - MOB KITCHEN
CARAMELIZED ONION SPINACH CHICKEN PASTA BAKE - SRECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION MAC ’N’ CHEESE - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
CREAMY PESTO PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS | TRIED AND ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH KALE : RECIPES
PASTA RUSTICA WITH CARAMELIZED ONION ... - FOOD & WINE
CREAMY CARAMELISED ONION AND BACON PASTA | FOOD, GLORIOUS ...
CHEESY FRENCH ONION CHICKEN RECIPE WITH PASTA ...
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH PASTA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH KALE | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION BAKED CHEESE TORTELLINI MEAL KIT ...
CARAMELIZED GARLIC RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CARAMELIZED ONION AND BACON PASTA BAKE - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA – SKINNY SPATULA
CARAMELIZED ONION, APPLE, AND SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE | KITCHN
CARAMELIZED ONION FETTUCCINE | COOKSTR.COM
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA (VEGAN) - EARTH OF MARIA
PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - NATIONAL ONION ...
CARAMELIZED ONION FETTUCCINE - DELISH KNOWLEDGE
LAMB AND CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - SIDECHEF
VEGAN CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - WELL AND FULL
CARAMELIZED ONION RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
CARAMELIZED CABBAGE AND PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH MADEIRA
SWEET CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BACON, SPINACH CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - SIZZLING EATS
CARAMELIZED VIDALIA ONION PASTA WITH HERBED BREADCRUMBS ...
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
GOAT CHEESE CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA - COOKS WELL WITH OTHERS
CARAMELIZED ONION PASTA WITH MADEIRA – FITLIFE RECIPES
You'll also love