- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in the bottom of a small rectangular glass pan (about 8 by 10 inches).
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs and whisk lightly. Add sugar and continue whisking until mixture thickens and is pale yellow. Add milk and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add flour and whisk to combine. Add a pinch of fine salt and whisk to incorporate. Pour mixture over berries.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until the clafouti has puffed and the center bounces back when lightly pressed, about 45 minutes, rotating once.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting. Slice into 8 equal pieces and gently remove from pan with a spatula or cake server. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
BRANDIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI
- Mix cherries, brandy, and 1/3 cup white sugar in a bowl; let soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Remove cherries from brandy mixture using a slotted spoon and transfer to the prepared pie pan. Pour brandy mixture into a blender; add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, milk, flour, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt, and allspice to the blender. Pulse mixture until batter is smooth; pour over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until golden and puffy, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly and dust with confectioners' sugar to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.2 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Cholesterol 72.2 mg, Fat 2.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 116.2 mg, Sugar 23.4 g
The texture of this French dessert is between a custard and a cake. Blueberries are used in this version although cherries are the traditional choice, but almost any berry or stone fruit would work.
Provided by Khristin
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Arrange the blueberries over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolk until light and fluffy. Stir in the sugar, and continue whisking until mixture thickens. Whisk in the milk, vanilla extract, sifted flour, and salt, one at a time, until mixture is light and airy. Pour the mixture over the berries to cover evenly.
- Bake on center rack in preheated oven until top is golden and springs back when touched, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly, and cut into 8 equal pieces. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.7 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 97.8 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 40.5 mg, Sugar 31.7 g
This gorgeous French pudding is full of melt-in-the-mouth goodness. Our easy clafoutis recipe uses a mixture of berries and nutty ground almonds
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Oil or butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed) and scatter the berries over the base.
- Whizz all the batter ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour it over the fruits and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.55 milligram of sodium
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Gradually whisk in the flour, then the sugar, and finally the boiling milk, mixing thoroughly. Let stand for 2 hours to rest.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Strain batter into a buttered 9-inch cake pan to remove any lumps. Cover the top with cherries and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except the cherries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Arrange cherries in a well-buttered eight-inch pie pan, pour batter over them and bake 35 minutes.
- Cool 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 162, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 33 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BRANDIED PLUM CLAFOUTIS
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush six 5-inch diameter, 1-inch-high ovenproof dishes with 1 tablespoon melted butter; place dishes on rimmed baking sheet. Cook diced plums, 4 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons brandy in medium skillet over medium-high heat until juices bubble thickly, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Cover; cook until plums are just tender, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, divide diced plums among prepared dishes. Add orange juice concentrate to juices in skillet; stir to blend. Pour into 1-cup measuring cup. Add remaining 2 tablespoons brandy, then enough cream to measure 3/4 cup total.
- Whisk 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and flour in large bowl. Whisk in cream mixture, eggs, and remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter. Spoon batter over plums in dishes. Top with plum slices; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake clafoutis until puffed and crusty and center is just set, about 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes and serve warm.
VERY BLUEBERRY CLAFOUTI
This blueberry clafouti is somewhere between a fruit-filled pancake and a fruity egg custard. Wrong season for fresh berries? Use frozen berries thawed in a colander and discard the juice. -Ken Hulme, Venice, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place skillet in oven until butter is melted, 1-2 minutes. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with butter. Spread blueberries in bottom of pan. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over blueberries., Bake until center is puffed and edges are browned, 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 46mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BRANDIED DRIED FRUIT
The complex layers of flavor that develop from combining dried fruit, citrus, spices and brandy are the reward for an investment of time. And time does most of the work in this recipe, which produces brandied fruit that you can use in an array of dishes and drinks: A two-day soak will get you a fine infusion, but go for the full 14 to extract notes from each component. The spices need time to bloom, and the dried fruit skins plump as they are infused, absorbing the citrus's bite and the brandy's warmth. Use the fruit mixture in scones, cocktails and braised lamb. Or stir the drained fruit into muffin or cake batter, toss with bulkier fruit like apples or pears for use as a filling for hand pies, or serve as a relish to accompany lamb, pork or chicken. As an added bonus, the fruit mixture keeps in the refrigerator for months. Store in an airtight container and avoid adding any moisture to the jar by using only dry utensils to serve.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories easy, project
Yield About 5 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the currants, cranberries, cherries, pears and apricots. Zest the orange and add the zest to the bowl. Add the lemon, ginger, anise seeds, black pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Juice the orange and add the liquid to the bowl. Add the brandy and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a jar, cover and refrigerate. (If you don't have a jar that's large enough, keep the mixture in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.) Allow the fruit to sit in the liquid for 2 to 14 days before using. The flavor of the fruit, spices and brandy will improve with time. At least once a day, turn the jar upside-down (or thoroughly stir the mixture if it's in a bowl) to make sure all the dried fruit gets coated in the brandied liquid. The mixture keeps in the refrigerator for months, stored in an airtight container.
BRANDIED FRUIT CLAFOUTI
A down-home French dessert, something between custard and a cake. It's "egginess" also makes it a sweet and special breakfast treat. This one is full of brandied apricots and raisins, with a touch of almond, lemon and subtle spices. The fruit needs to plump up in the brandy overnight (added to prep time); after that the rest goes together in less than an hour.
Provided by EdsGirlAngie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Combine the apricot slivers and raisins in the brandy; cover and let the mixture blend overnight (refrigerated or not).
- The next day, drain off the brandy from the raisins; preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter and sugar a 9-1/2 inch round baking dish (preferably Pyrex or ceramic).
- Spread the apricot/raisin mixture in the bottom of the prepared dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg.
- In a large bowl with a mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Add melted butter, almond and vanilla extract; then slowly add milk, flour, lemon zest, coriander, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- The mixture will be very runny, not thick at all.
- Pour the egg mixture over the apricot/raisin mixture in the dish; sprinkle with a bit more nutmeg, then bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is puffed and golden (the puffiness goes down as it sits -- ).
- Serve warm.
FOREST FRUITS CLAFOUTIS
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Drain the fruit reserving the juice. Toss berries with 1 tbsp sugar, then spread in an even layer in a 24cm round ovenproof dish, greased with vegetable spread.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in the remaining sugar. In a jug, beat the eggs and coconut milk together, then whisk into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter slowly over the fruit then bake for 40-45 mins.
- Heat the squash and reserved juice in a pan. Stir in the arrowroot until thickened. Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve drizzled with the coulis.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.41 milligram of sodium
Delicious, slightly tart fruit filling with tasty rich custard. Very easy to do, so it's perfect for those days that you crave for something sweet NOW.
Provided by Meme8851
Yield 1 pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut rhubarb on pieces and cook them with sugar and cinnamon for 10 minutes until they soften slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (190 celsius).
- Spread the fruit filling in the baking dish and cover with strawberry halves.
- Beat eggs and sugar just to blend them, then mix in other ingredients. Pour over the fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes until brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.9, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 146.2, Sodium 69.7, Carbohydrate 52.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 43.3, Protein 6.3
More about "brandiedfruitclafouti food"
CLASSIC BRANDIED FRUIT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.6/5 (64)Total Time 731 hrsCategory DessertCalories 307 per serving
BRANDIED PLUM CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Servings 6Total Time 1 minAuthor Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT CLAFOUTIS | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RECIPE: GLUTEN-FREE CLAFOUTI - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
MIXED FRUIT CLAFOUTI - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BRANDIED-PRUNE CLAFOUTI RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BEST APRICOT CLAFOUTI RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
LET THIS FESTIVE BRANDIED FRUIT LIFT YOUR HOLIDAYS
SUMMER FRUIT CLAFOUTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
32 BEST BRANDIED FRUITS IDEAS | BRANDY, FRUIT RECIPES, RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CLAFOUTIS WITH ANY KIND OF FRUIT - EPICURIOUS
BRANDIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
FOODFOOD - IT'S SIZZLING
BRANDIED FRUIT RECIPE BY THE DAILY MEAL CONTRIBUTORS
FRESH FRUIT CLAFOUTI - DIABETIC GOURMET MAGAZINE
BRANDIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
LYNNE'S BRANDIED FRUIT - THE SPLENDID TABLE
CHERRY CLAFOUTI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BRANDIED CHERRY CLAFOUTI - BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN
BRANDIED FRUIT | YESTERDISH
CLAFOUTI RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
EASY FRESH FRUIT CLAFOUTI - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BRANDIED FRUIT MADE BY FERMENTING FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BRANDIED FRESH FRUIT | CANADIAN LIVING
FAVORITE FRUIT CLAFOUTI - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HOW TO MAKE BRANDIED FRUIT – PRESERVING FRUIT WITHOUT CANNING
HOW TO MAKE BRANDIED FRUIT - SEED TO PANTRY SCHOOL
CHERRY CLAFOUTI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BRANDIED FRUIT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FRESH FIG CLAFOUTI - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BEST VANILLA CLAFOUTI RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MUST-TRY: CLAFOUTI BAKERY’S OREO-STUFFED ANSWER TO THE CRONUT
BRANDIED FRUIT | GRAM'S RECIPE BOX
AMAZING BASIC CLAFOUTIS RECIPE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
You'll also love