BEER BRATS AND KRAUT
- Pour beer into a pot and heat over medium heat. Place brats and kraut in beer and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. With tongs, remove brats from beer and place 1 in each bun. Using a slotted spoon, cover brat in sauerkraut. Drizzle mustard on top of kraut.
- Place brats in a Dutch oven with onions and butter, cover the brats with beer. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until brats are cooked. Remove brats and set aside beer mixture. Grill brats until golden brown and return to beer mixture until ready to serve. Serve brats on fresh baked brat buns with sauerkraut, onions, green peppers, ketchup, and/or mustard.
These are simmered until the beer is reduced turning into a thick yummy syrup, coating the bratwursts. These are tender and juicy and very delicious.
Provided by Chef Cathy
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pour 2 (12 ounce) bottle of beer in a 3 qt pot.
- Add butter to melt.
- Let it get hot first and add the bratwurst and sliced onions inches Cook, simmering the beer and turning the brats every 10 minutes for about 30 to 45 minutes (use your own judgment).
- Let the beer evaporate and reduce it until it is syrupy and to where it looks like it is coating the bratwurst well.
- Prepare the hot dog buns on a warm plate.
- When beer syrup is thick and reduced then make sure to coat bratwurst with the syrup well by turning and stirring and then with tongs, take them out and place them in the bun.
- Add some sauerkraut and eat!
These awesome beer brats are boiled and then put on the grill!
Provided by Zach
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Pork Sausage
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate.
- Combine the beer and onions in a large pot; bring to a boil. Submerge the bratwurst in the beer; add the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook another 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the bratwurst from the beer mixture; reduce heat to low, and continue cooking the onions.
- Cook the bratwurst on the preheated grill, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with the beer mixture as a topping or side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.7 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1030.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
This is our family's way of making beer brats! We love them this way and they are even better re-grilled the next day! Depending on how much you drink while you are prepping you may need more or less beer!
Provided by SarahBeth
Yield 5 brats, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Get a large grill safe dish (we use the reynolds disposable roasters), place the onions, red bell peppers (if using) and brats in the bottom.
- Mix the two mustards, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar together and dump this mixture over the brats and onions etc.
- Stir until the onions and brats are evenly coated.
- Pour enough beer into the dish to cover the brats and onion, then give it a slight stir to mix the mustard mixture with the beer.
- Put in fridge and let sit at least 30 minutes, but an hour or two is much better. When marinating time is up, remove and let come to room temperature.
- Pre heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Place the container directly on the grate and cook the brats in the beer mixture for 10-15 minutes, until the beer is steamy and hot. Remove from heat. But do not discard yet.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat (or however you like your brats grilled).
- Remove the onions and brats from the beer mixture. Then place the brats on one side of the grill and the onions on the other.
- Grill brats and onions, turning occasionally until done. Each time you turn, baste with the remaining beer mixture. The onions should be somewhat caramelized and soft.
- Discard the remaining beer mixture and serve on buns or hoagies with sauerkraut and other condiments as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535.4, Fat 27.3, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 62.9, Sodium 1111.2, Carbohydrate 39.3, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 8.1, Protein 17.8
Fans of Midwestern-style beer brats have strong opinions about the best way to prepare them. Some like to simmer the bratwurst in beer before browning them on the grill (as is the case here); some prefer grilling first, soaking in beer after. But everyone agrees that the brats should start out fresh and uncooked (rather than precooked, like hot dogs), then be served on a split, toasted roll with onions and plenty of mustard. Purists may shun adding the likes of ketchup, pickles and sauerkraut to the sandwich, but when you're the cook, you get to choose which condiments to put out - or set aside.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories sausages, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Light a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring beer and half the onions to a simmer (save remaining onions for serving). Add bratwurst to the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer until they are just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sausages to the grill, and grill until they're well browned on all sides, 2 to 5 minutes, turning often.
- If you like, while the brats are grilling, let the beer and onions boil over high heat until the onions are very soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve onions for serving.
- Grill the rolls, cut-side down, until golden, about 1 minute. Serve the brats sandwiched in the rolls and topped with onions (either raw or beer-braised, or both), along with any condiments you like.
BEER BRATS AND PASTA
Make and share this Beer Brats and Pasta recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kaccy G.
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add oil, garlic, sweet peppers and onions in a 9X13 baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While roasting vegetables, remove casing from brats, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain brats and blot with towel to remove excess grease.
- Return brats to skillet and add beer, simmer.
- Cook pasta as directed, drain, but keep 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove vegetables from oven.
- Add, brats, basil, 1/2 cup of cheese to vegetables and mix throughly, add some pasta water if it seems to dry.
- Top with remaining cheese and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 700.3, Fat 46.3, SaturatedFat 17.2, Cholesterol 150.4, Sodium 1195.2, Carbohydrate 40.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.6, Protein 28.7
BEER BRAT PASTA
This delicious recipe came from the National Pasta Assoc's Top 10 favorites. I think it's a real winner.
Provided by Judikins
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix red pepper, onion and garlic with 1 tablespoons olive oil in 9x13" baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables roast, remove casing from bratwurst, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat until they are no longer pink and well brown.
- Remove bratwurst and drain on paper towel.
- Pour fat from skillet.
- Add bratwurst and beer to skillet and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add bratwurst from skillet; add basil, red pepper flakes, pasta, 1 cup of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly. If mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water to moisten.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 827, Fat 52.4, SaturatedFat 18, Cholesterol 170.3, Sodium 1492.2, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 3.3, Protein 35.8
BEER SOAKED BRATS
- Cook brats on grill until brown and split. Place brats in a mixture of 1/4 of the beer, 3/4 cup water and the sliced onion. Simmer the brats in the brine mixture for 30 minutes. Before serving, place brats back onto grill for 1 minute.;
BEER BRAT STEW
- 1. In a large saucepot, combine the potatoes, coleslaw, carrots, and chicken stock. Add 4 cups water; the liquid should barely cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, then cover halfway and reduce the heat to simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the beer and mustard. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and add the bratwurst. Simmer gently until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bratwurst to the vegetable mixture; discard the beer mixture. Divide the stew among dishes and serve with mustard.
EASY BEER BRATWURST
These rich, savory brats are the perfect treat for your next backyard cookout or tailgate.
Provided by Reynolds Kitchens(R)
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Reynolds®
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Line a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
- Add beer, onions, maple syrup, vinegar, caraway seeds, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce to the prepared slow cooker. Stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine. Place bratwurst on top of the mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
- Serve bratwursts and onions in toasted buns topped with cheese and lettuce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 814.9 calories, Carbohydrate 79.1 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 39.5 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 29.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.6 g, Sodium 1751.1 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
BRATS IN A BLANKET WITH BEER MUSTARD
Brats in a blanket take the classic pigs in a blanket appetizer to the next level for dinner! I used fully cooked brats to make this super easy, but fresh brats are delicious if you have time to cook them ahead. Go crazy with your favorite flavors--I used jalapeño-Cheddar brats here!
Provided by Gabriela Rodiles
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Carefully unroll and separate 8 of the perforated triangles of crescent dough. Starting with the smaller end of each dough triangle, wrap it around a brat and pinch the seams together to totally seal. Place the wrapped brats on the prepared baking sheet.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the brats with the egg and sprinkle the poppy and sesame seeds on top. Bake until the dough is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make the beer mustard, add the beer to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute. Add the yellow mustard and Dijon mustard to a small heatproof bowl. Pour in the reduced beer and stir to combine.
- Serve the brats in a blanket with the beer mustard on the side for dipping.
BEER 'N' BRAT BISCUITS
"My husband, our three girls and I all love to cook, so we're always coming up with something new to try," explains Nancy Bourget of Round Rock, Texas. These yummy biscuits require just four ingredients, including leftover brats. TIP: "Serve them with mustard and a big bowl of rice and beans or bean soup." recommends Nancy.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 biscuits.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut bratwurst into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, caraway seeds and bratwurst; stir in beer just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. , Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 438mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BEER BRAT PASTA RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by MaryGladys
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix red pepper, onions, and garlic with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in 9 x 13 baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally. While vegetables roast, remove casing from bratwurst, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat until they are no longer pink and well brown. Remove bratwurst and drain on paper towel. Pour fat from skillet. Add bratwurst and beer to skillet and simmer. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add bratwurst from skillet, add basil, pasta, 1 cup of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly. If mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water to moisten. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
More about "beer brat pasta food"
BEER BRAT PAPPARDELLE RECIPE | CRAFT BEER & BREWING
EASY BEER BRATS RECIPE - BEER GIRL COOKS
HOW TO MAKE WISCONSIN BEER BRATS | ALLRECIPES
BEER BRAT PASTA - BIGOVEN.COM
GRILLED BEER BRATS WITH HOMEMADE BEER CHEESE - RECIPE
BEER BRATS - SIMPLE JOY
DELICIOUS BEER BRATS WITH RED PEPPER RELISH - BLACKBERRY BABE
DALE'S FOOD PRIDE - RECIPE: BEER BRAT PASTA
SHOP 'N SAVE - RECIPE: BEER BRAT PASTA
CREAMY BEER BRAT AND PEAS PENNE PASTA RECIPE - PERDUE FARMS
CAJUN BEER BRATS • SALT & LAVENDER
BEER BRAT PASTA RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BRATWURST RECIPES, …
BEER BRAT PASTA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CREAMY BEER BRAT AND PEAS PENNE PASTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEER-BRAISED BRATWURST & ONIONS ("BEER BRATS") - ONCE …
MUSTARD BEER BRAT (PACK OF 9) : AMAZON.CA: GROCERY & GOURMET FOOD
BEER & BRATS PASTA
BRATWURST MACARONI CHEESE ⋆ VINTAGE MOUNTAIN HOMESTEAD
BEER BRATS - RECIPE DIARIES
BEER BRAT PASTA | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
BEER BRATS | RECIPE | BRATS RECIPES, BEER BRATS RECIPE, RECIPES
BRATWURST PASTA RECIPE (IN A BUTTERY BEER SAUCE) - POSH JOURNAL
EASY GRILLED BEER BRATS RECIPE - EASY GOOD IDEAS
BEER BRATS RECIPE - HOW TO COOK BEER BRATS WITH TONS OF FLAVOR
BEER BRAT PASTA - CHAMPSDIET.COM
10 BEST BEER PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEER BRATS WITH CHEESE SAUCE - GIFT OF HOSPITALITY
BEER BRATS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BEER BRAT BITES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HARPS FOODS - RECIPE: BEER BRAT PASTA
BEER BRATS - A WISCONSIN TRADITION
GRILLED BEER BRATS - DELISH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love