WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS
- In a large bowl, whisk together the five-spice powder, ginger, sake, rice vinegar, tamari, and sesame oil. Add the tuna steaks and turn to coat; allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine the crushed wasabi peas and brown sugar. Remove the tuna steaks from the marinade, and press into the pea mixture to coat. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, sear the tuna in a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat to desired doneness. Pour sauce over tuna to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 19.3 g, Protein 54.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 403.9 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
SESAME CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI SAUCE
- Whisk 1/2 cup water and wasabi powder in medium bowl to form smooth paste. Whisk in soy sauce, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sherry, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Coat eachside of the tuna steaks with the sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 Tablespoons of peanut oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add tuna and sear until opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove Tuna from skillet and add sauce. Reduce saude until thick. Pour sauce over tuna or serve on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.8, Fat 25.8, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 64.6, Sodium 1408.4, Carbohydrate 4.5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.6, Protein 44.2
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a dry skillet on medium heat, toast the white sesame seeds until they are just beginning to turn light golden brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and spread seeds on a plate. Add the black sesame seeds to the plate if using, and stir seeds around with fingertips to combine.
- Brush the tuna pieces on all sides with olive oil. Season on all sides with salt and pepper, and dip tuna pieces in the seeds, pressing to coat on all sides. Set aside on a wax foil lined cookie sheet.
- When ready to cook, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high in the skillet. When oil is hot, add the butter, when the butter foams, add the fish to the skillet. Let cook without moving the fish for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the sesame crust begins to crisp and brown. When the crust is golden brown, turn the fish and cook until the other side is golden brown and crisp, about another 2 minutes, adding additional butter if needed to keep the fish from sticking and speed up the browning. Once the second side is browned, turn the fish pieces on edge with tongs, to brown the remaining sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Fish will be medium rare at this point. If you prefer fish more well done, place the ban with the fish in a 375 degree F oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice each portion in half and place on the pasta bed with the edges overlapping. Sprinkle with finishing salt, if desired.
WASABI SESAME CRUSTED SEARED AHI TUNA SALAD
- For the fish: Blend the wasabi seeds, cracked black pepper and Hawaiian sea salt in a medium bowl. Place the ahi steaks in the bowl, and carefully roll and flip the steaks to ensure they are completely coated. Remove the steaks to a plate and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- For the vinaigrette: Mix together the honey, vinegar, pepper and mustard in a small bowl, then stream in the oil, whisking constantly.
- For the salad: Slice, dice, chop and mix the spring mix, capers, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber, romaine and onion, to your liking, then toss with some vinaigrette and plate four salads. Place one lemon wedge on the side of each plate and quarter the avocados. Slice each quartered avocado 3 to 6 times, creating an avocado fan out of each quarter. Set aside.
- Before heating your grill, you will need to scrape, clean and then oil it. Once clean, preheat to medium-high and close until ripping hot, about 10 minutes. Fold a clean dish towel into a squarish 4-by-6-inch block. Pour 2 cups vegetable oil into a bowl and dip one side of your dish towel block in the oil.
- Open the grill and begin coating grill grates with the oiled towel block. Repeat until grill grates are slick and clean. Pour the sesame oil on a small plate. Place each steak in the sesame oil on both sides, then on the grill.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side. Then pull immediately from grill, slice 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick with a heavy sharp blade and place directly on your plated salads. Top each salad with an avocado fan. Lastly, pair your dish with a nice Chardonnay or a local IPA. Cheers and enjoy!
WASABI-CRUSTED TUNA OVER AN ORANGE-GINGER BEURRE BLANC
- Combine say sauce, 1 teaspoons wasabi powder, 1/4 teaspoons of five-spice powder, and olive oil.
- Soak tuna steaks in this for 10 minutes.
- Press into a shallow pan containing bread crumbs, remaining wasabi powder, five spice powder, and sesame seeds.
- The steaks should hold breading well and be placed in a cooler until you finish your beurre blanc.
- Then sear to a golden finish on each side in a saute pan of extremely hot olive oil.
- For the beurre blanc, combine the first five ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Bring down the heat to a simmer and reduce by two-thirds.
- Add cream and reduce by half, then whisk in the butter, piece by piece, until smooth and shiny.
- Add soy sauce, wasabi, and salt to taste.
- Serving: Place a pool of the sauce in the center of plate, cut the steaks in half on a dramatic angle to reveal the rare center of tuna, and stack upon each other, cascading down one side. Serve with your choice of sides, such as gingered carrots or a potato in puff pastry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2603.9, Fat 169.7, SaturatedFat 82.8, Cholesterol 497.9, Sodium 9302.2, Carbohydrate 109.1, Fiber 7, Sugar 20.9, Protein 139.5
More about "wasabi encrusted tuna steaks food"
10 BEST WASABI CRUSTED TUNA RECIPES - YUMMLY
WASABI-CRUSTED TUNA WITH GINGER-SOY SAUCE - MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 237 per servingTotal Time 16 mins
- Coat steaks generously with cooking spray, and dredge in panko mixture. Coat steaks again with cooking spray; dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, adding remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan when you turn steaks. Drizzle steaks with soy sauce mixture. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE FOOD NETWORK | BESTO BLOG
WASABI PECAN CRUSTED TUNA SALAD - GIRL ABOUT GREENS
GRILLED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPES FOOD NETWORK | BESTO BLOG
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS BEST RECIPES
10 BEST CRUSTED TUNA STEAK RECIPES - YUMMLY
SESAME-CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI-PONZU SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI CREAM SAUCE | FISH RECIPES ...
SEARED SESAME CRUSTED TUNA WITH ... - FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD
WASABI PEA CRUSTED TUNA STEAK WITH ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES ...
KETO CONNECT WASABI SOY MACADAMIA CRUSTED TUNA
THE 15 BEST TUNA STEAK RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - REVIEW BY DIANEMWJ ...
SESAME TUNA STEAK WITH WASABI MAYO - KETO HIGH-PROTEIN RECIPE
EASY WASABI SEARED TUNA RECIPE - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD …
GRILLED WASABI AND SESAME ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS (GLUTEN ...
SEARED ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAK SALAD RECIPES
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS | RECIPE | TUNA STEAKS, MAIN ...
GRILLED TUNA STEAK RECIPE WITH WASABI MAYO - FOOD NEWS
WASABI AND PANKO CRUSTED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE | BRYONT BLOG
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - YUM TASTE
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI CREAM SAUCE - CELEBRATION ...
SESAME CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI CREAM - TUNA STEAK …
SEARED RARE AHI TUNA WITH WASABI PEA CRUST - WOODLAND FOODS
WASABI CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS OVER EDAMAME AND PEAPOD …
SESAME CRUSTED AHI TUNA STEAK AND CUCUMBER SALAD | RECIPE ...
PEPPER-CRUSTED TUNA STEAK AND WASABI POTATOES - FOOD NETWORK
SESAME-CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI-PONZU SAUCE RECIPE
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | GRILLED WASABI-CRUSTED TUNA
CRUSTY WASABI TUNA STEAKS - LEXSEAFOOD.COM
AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE FOOD NETWORK | DANDK ORGANIZER
GRILLED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPES FOOD NETWORK | BLOG DANDK
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE FOOD NETWORK | DANDK ORGANIZER
SESAME-CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI SAUCE - GOURMET WAREHOUSE
WEGMANS - WASABI CRUSTED TUNA STEAK CALORIES, CARBS ...
GRILLED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPES FOOD NETWORK | BRYONT BLOG
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - CRECIPE.COM
PISTACHIO CRUSTED TUNA STEAKS WITH WASABI SAUCE
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA WITH WASABI CREAM SAUCE - …
WASABI ENCRUSTED TUNA STEAKS - TFRECIPES.COM
You'll also love