VEGETARIAN CABBAGE VEGETABLE SOUP
I've tried other cabbage soups out there, but they are so bland! This is how I combined a few recipes and adjusted to make it more pleasant. The vegetables can be varied easily, and sometimes I'll use some frozen mixtures instead of the fresh, and it comes out just as good. This recipe makes a big pot, and it freezes great, so don't be afraid to freeze in individual portions for a later meal. Also try this chilled in the summertime!
Provided by MissChiChi
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 3 quarts, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Spray a large stock pot with cooking spray and saute onion, garlic, and carrots over medium heat, about 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add a couple tablespoons of the broth if needed to prevent browning.
- Add the V8, broth, water, soup mix, and seasonings. Turn heat to high.
- Chop remaining vegetables into slices, or bite-size pieces, and add to pot. Stir.
- Once soup reaches a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for an hour.
- Wonderful served with crusty bread.
A great veggie soup quick to prepare and freezes great!!! I use this to "fill up" before I eat my entree. 1 WW point per 1 1/2 cup serving
Provided by CookbookCarrie
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Chop& Dice veggies, add all ingredients to a stock pot.
- Add water if necessary to bring liquids to almost twice the depth of the veggies in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook about 2 hrs.
- until veggies are soft.
- I divide into 1 1/2 cup servings and freeze in bags.
Get three of your 5-a-day with a bowl of this healthy, low-fat cabbage soup. It's delicious on its own or served with a hunk of crusty, buttered bread
Provided by Esther Clark
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a casserole pot over a low heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, along with a generous pinch of salt, and fry gently for 15 mins, or until the veg begins to soften. If you're using pancetta, add it to the pan, turn up the heat and fry for a few mins more until turning golden brown. Tip in the cabbage and fry for 5 mins, then stir through the garlic, paprika and rosemary and cook for 1 min more.
- Tip the chopped tomatoes and stock into the pan. Bring to a simmer, then cook, uncovered, for 30 mins, adding the chickpeas for the final 10 mins. Season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle the soup into six deep bowls. Serve with the shaved parmesan and crusty bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.15 milligram of sodium
THE ORIGINAL CABBAGE SOUP DIET
I got this out of the National Enquirer in 1995-1996 when the soup diet originally came out. I don't remember the rules of the diet other than you could eat as much of this as you wanted.
Provided by Spyder-man
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place all in large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate all leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.5, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 277.5, Carbohydrate 15.2, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 8.1, Protein 2.7
ORIGINAL DIET CABBAGE SOUP
This is the recipe From Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital which is used for overweight heart patients to lose weight rapidly usually before surgery. So it is safe, and a great way to lose weight anytime!
Provided by bethann777
Yield 4-6 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut vegetables in small to medium pieces and cover with water. Boil fast for ten minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender. This soup can be eaten antime you are hungry.
- Eat as much as you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat the more you will lose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day. If eaten alone for indefinite periods you would suffer malnutrition.
- For drinks - unsweetened juices, tea, coffee, cranberry juice or water.
- The diet:.
- Day One: Eat only soup and fresh fruits, except for bananas.
- Day Two: All vegetables. Eat all raw or canned vegetables except beans, peas or corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time eat a large baked potato and butter. Eat no fruits.
- Day Three: Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. No potatoes or bananas.
- (If you have adhered to the diet-you should have lost 5-7 lbs by now).
- Day Four: Eat 3 bananas and drink 3 glasses of skim milk. Drink as many glasses of water as you like. Eat lots of soup as well.
- Day Five: Eat the soup at least once this day. You mau jave 10-20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes or as many as 6 frest tomatoes. Try to drink 6-8 glasses of water to wash away uric acid from your body.
- Day Six: Beef and veggies. Eat all the beef and vegetables you want, but no potato. Eat the soup at least once today.
- Day Seven: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and vegetables.Again stuff yourself and be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- At the end of the seventh day you should have lost 10-17 lbs.
- If you have lost more than 15 lbs, stay off the diet for two days.
- This seven day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- Broiled Chicken or Fish may be substituted for the beef on only one of the beef days.
- No Nos: Bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks,and NO Fried foods.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.4, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 463, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 18.2, Sugar 27.6, Protein 8.5
WW 0 POINT WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE SOUP
- Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
- I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition to the yellow onion.
- All very good. You can customize it a bit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 22, Fat 0.1, Sodium 34.6, Carbohydrate 5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 1
More about "v8 cabbage soup food"
THE CABBAGE SOUP DIET: DOES IT WORK FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Author Taylor Jones, RDPublished Dec 12, 2018Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
10 BEST V8 JUICE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHY YOU NEED WEIGHT WATCHERS CABBAGE …
CABBAGE ROLL SOUP RECIPE (EASY AND FILLING)
10 BEST CABBAGE SOUP WITH V8 JUICE RECIPES …
CABBAGE SOUP V8 JUICE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
THE BEST HEALTHY CABBAGE SOUP - FOODIECRUSH.COM
CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BEST CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE SOUP …
10 BEST CABBAGE SOUP WITH V8 JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE SOUP WITH V8 RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
STUFFED CABBAGE SOUP - SOUTHERN BITE
10 BEST VEGETABLE SOUP WITH V8 JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST V8 SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP WITH V8 JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE SOUP - SAVORY CABBAGE ROLL SOUP IN 45 MINUTES - PLATTER …
You'll also love