STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Sprinkle steaks with kosher salt and crushed black pepper. Heat butter in a 12-inch, heavy bottomed saute pan over medium heat. Once butter is hot, add steaks and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 minutes per side for medium. Remove steaks from pan and place on a rack set on a sheet pan; place in oven to keep warm.
- Add the stock to the saute pan and whisk until the crispy bits release from bottom of pan. Allow the liquid to reduce for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Add cognac, heavy cream, and green peppercorns to the pan. Increase heat to high and cook, whisking continually, until sauce thickens slightly, just enough to coat the back of a spoon; this will take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season the sauce, to taste, with kosher salt. Place steaks on plates, top with sauce, and serve immediately.
STRIP STEAK WITH RED WINE CREAM SAUCE
This is a delicious steak recipe I made for my soups and sauces final in culinary school. My chef/professor raved about it. The sauce is really what makes the difference.
Provided by Shelby Knockenhauer
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir red onions and mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer onion-mushroom mixture to a bowl.
- Coat hot skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Pat each steak dry with paper towels and season with salt and black pepper. Place steaks into hot skillet and cook until outsides are browned and insides are cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Remove steaks from skillet.
- Pour red Zinfandel wine into skillet; scrape up and dissolve any bits of browned food in the skillet. Whisk beef broth and Dijon mustard into wine mixture and bring to a boil. Cook mixture, stirring often, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Slowly whisk cream into sauce and let stand to thicken, about 5 more minutes. Transfer mushrooms and steaks to sauce and serve steaks topped with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 649.1 calories, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Cholesterol 199.6 mg, Fat 33.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 69.3 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 413 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
STEAK WITH CREAMY PEPPERCORN SAUCE
My wife, Mailynn, and I both love spicy foods. This is one of her favorite dishes. I've been cooking it as a treat on her birthday for years.-David Collin, Martinez, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine peppercorns and pepper; rub over both sides of steaks. Chill for 1 hour. , Sprinkle salt in a large skillet; heat on high until salt begins to brown. Add steaks and brown on both sides. Add butter; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. , Add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; cook each side 2-3 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove steaks and keep warm. Add cream to the skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts :
STRIP STEAK WITH ROSEMARY RED WINE SAUCE
I got this recipe from Family Circle Magazine and loved it! The only thing I do differently is marinate the steaks in red wine over night with a little meat tenderizer. At the end, to thicken up the sauce, I add about 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch in the last minute of boiling the sauce.
Provided by Vitameatavegamin Gi
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season steaks with salt.
- Press pepper on surfaces.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add steaks.
- Lower heat to medium; cook, turning once, 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, and 8-10 minutes per side for well-done.
- Remove to warm platter; keep steaks warm.
- Add onion to skillet; cook until browned, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add half the rosemary, half the garlic and cook, stirring, 20 seconds.
- Add wine.
- Increase heat to high; boil vigorously 2 minutes.
- Add broth, sugar and meat juices that have collected on platter.
- Boil 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 cup.
- Add remaining rosemary and garlic.
- Pour over steaks and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1043.5, Fat 75.1, SaturatedFat 27.1, Cholesterol 231.3, Sodium 796.2, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 1.6, Protein 65
PEPPER STRIP STEAK
This recipe uses simple/inexpensive ingredients that you are sure to have around the house. I grew up eating this and consider it true comfort food! I found the recipe in an old cookbook of my mothers called "Second Helping, Please", though I've adapted it slightly to suit my preferences. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do and don't let the ketchup scare you!!! This is really quite tasty.
Provided by PennyG
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown meat in hot oil in skillet.
- Remove meat from pan once browned and set aside.
- In same pan combine flour,ketchup,water, soya sauce and pepper.
- Heat med-high heat to boiling.
- Add meat back to pan along with onions.
- Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and green pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
More about "strip steak with pepper cream sauce food"
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE - THE WICKED …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
4.2/5 (6)Category MainsServings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Sprinkle steaks with kosher salt and crushed black pepper. Melt the butter in a 12-inch, heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat. Once butter is hot, add the steaks and cook until browned on both sides, 2 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 minutes per side for medium. Remove steaks from pan and place on a wire rack set on a half sheet pan; place in oven to keep warm.
- Add the stock to the sauté pan and whisk until the crispy bits release from bottom of pan. Reduce the liquid for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the cream, cognac, and green peppercorns to the pan. Increase the heat to high and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens slightly, just enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season the sauce to taste with kosher salt. Place steaks on plates, top with sauce, and serve immediately.
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE : RECIPES : COOKING ...
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Main-Dish
STRIP STEAK WITH RED WINE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
NEW YORK STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPERCORN-BRANDY CREAM SAUCE ...
CRACKED PEPPER STEAK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STRIP STEAK WITH RED WINE CREAM SAUCE | RECIPESTY
NEW YORK STRIP STEAK IN GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE MEAL KIT ...
STEAK WITH ESQUITES AND POBLANO CREAM SAUCE - MANGO'S HOME ...
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN ...
PEPPER CREAM SAUCE FOR STEAK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE - GG'S RECIPES
STRIP STEAK, VEGETABLES WITH GARLICKY OLIVADA - RECIPES.NET
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE- WIKIFOODHUB
NY STRIP STEAK WITH CREAMY ONION SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE | RECIPE | STUFFED ...
PAN SEARED STRIP STEAK WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - HANDLE ...
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MAKING A SAUCE FOR STEAK - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY PEPPER PASTA WITH STEAK STRIPS - GREAT FOOD WITH ...
NEW YORK STRIP STEAK RECIPE WITH CREAM SAUCE - MYFOODCHANNEL
ALTON BROWN STRIP STEAK PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE ...
STEAK WITH CAPER SAUCE - SWEDISH RECIPE | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
STRIP STEAKS WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE - SAVEUR
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STEAK WITH CREAMY PEPPERCORN SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE - CRECIPE.COM
STRIP STEAK WITH RED WINE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE | GRASS FED BEEF ...
WET BURRITO SHAVED STEAK FAJITAS | FRESH CHILE
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE – RECIPES NETWORK
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
WHAT WINE GOES WITH STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE ...
STRIP STEAK WITH RED WINE CREAM SAUCE - STRIP STEAK RECIPES
STRIP STEAK WITH PEPPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
You'll also love