RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
- Brown lamb:
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes. Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, in 2 batches if necessary, on all sides (not ends), about 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer racks to a small (13- by 9-inch) roasting pan.
- Coat and roast lamb:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Coat meaty parts of lamb with herb mixture, pressing to help adhere. Roast 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast until thermometer inserted diagonally into center of meat registers 120°F, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 125 to 130°F for medium-rare while lamb stands.)
- Cut each rack into 4 double chops.
RACK OF LAMB
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the salt, rosemary, and garlic until they're as finely minced as possible. Add the mustard and balsamic vinegar and process for 1 minute. Place the lamb in a roasting or sheet pan with the ribs curving down, and coat the tops with the mustard mixture. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast the lamb for exactly 20 minutes for rare or 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then cut into individual ribs and serve.
HERB-MARINATED RACK OF LAMB
Rack of lamb is simple to prepare and quite elegant for a proper dinner party. Racks have become so popular and expensive in the U.S. that chefs have turned to overseas sources to supply their restaurants at a much cheaper price. There are many New Zealand producers selling lamb with no added hormones or antibiotics. Small organic and free range producers in the U.S. sell their animals whole, so you not only get two racks you get everything else, legs, shoulders, shanks, etc. as well. Lambs are very small, 35 to 40 pounds, so if you split a whole one with a friend it is easy to use up all of the cuts. The herb marinade for the rack really perfumes the meat if it is done a day or two ahead of time. The same marinade can be used for many other cuts as well. It is best to remove as many of the herbs and garlic before roasting as they will burn and create off flavors.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Clean the rib bones well by scraping off meat and sinew with a small sharp knife. Cut the racks in 1/2 so that each has four ribs. Mix together the olive oil, crushed garlic, crushed rosemary and thyme sprigs in a large bowl. Add the lamb and coat well. Grind some coarse black pepper over all. Wrap well and marinate the racks overnight.
- The next day remove the lamb from the marinade and scrape off as many herbs as possible. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the lamb well with salt; no additional pepper should be necessary, and sear fat side down until golden, about 7 minutes. Turn over so that the fat side is up and roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Let the rack rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To serve, cut each lamb rack into 4 equal pieces, 2 bones per chop and serve on individual plates or a platter with the accompaniments of your choice.
CRUSTED FRESH HERBED RACK OF LAMB WITH POTATO LEEK GRATIN AND ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE
- For the Gratin: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Slice the leeks into thin circles. Mix the butter and the garlic together and set aside. Season the cream with salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Layer the potatoes, the leeks, the garlic butter, and then the cream, alternating until the potatoes are lightly covered with the cream. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For the Lamb: Sear the lamb in olive oil in a roasting pan until golden, fat side down first. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Brush the mustard onto both sides of the seared lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together all of the herbs. Dredge both sides of the lamb in the herbs, pressing lightly so the herbs adhere. In the same roasting pan the lamb was cooked in, add the 20 cloves of garlic and place the lamb on top. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until medium-rare. When cooked remove the lamb from the roasting pan and wrap in aluminum foil to rest.
- Place the roasting pan on top of the stove over medium heat. Remove the garlic and set aside. Discard all the fat. Add the thyme, white wine, and the stock and reduce by half.
- Place half of the roasted garlic in a blender. Add the reduced stock and wine mixture and puree until smooth. Add the tablespoon of butter and pulse to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Serve: Place a large scoop of the gratin in the center of a plate. Slice the lamb every two chops and place on top of the gratin. Pour the sauce over the lamb and garnish with the remaining roasted garlic and your favorite seasonal vegetables.
RACK OF LAMB (HERB CRUSTED WITH ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE)
- In a roasting pan with very hot olive oil, sear the lamb, fat side down first, until golden.
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Brush the mustard onto both sides of the seared lamb.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all of the herbs together.
- Dredge both sides of the lamb in the herbs, pressing lightly so that the herbs adhere.
- In the same roasting pan the lamb was cooked in, add the 10 cloves of garlic and place the lamb on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook in the oven 15 to 20 minutes or until medium-rare.
- When cooked remove the lamb from the roasting pan and wrap in aluminum foil to rest.
- Place the roasting pan on top of the stove over medium heat.
- Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Discard all the fat.
- Add the white wine and the stock and reduce by half.
- Place the roasted garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Add the reduced stock and wine mixture and puree until smooth.
- Add the tablespoon of butter and pulse to incorporate.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- For a nice presentation, on a serving plate, stand the rack of lamb upright in a circle and secure with a skewer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404.9, Fat 35.4, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 714.7, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 1.3, Protein 3.9
RACK OF LAMB PROVENCALE WITH GARLIC CONFIT
Yet another Lamb Recipe from my Toolbelt. LCBO, featured the Flavours of France and share with you. Succulent rack of lamb, heady with the fragrance of garlic and herbs. The garlic loses all its strong aromas and becomes a mellow vegetable when it is cooked. Its flavour beautifully complements the lamb. As an ideal match for the rich savour of lamb, herbs and garlic, Wine Tidings magazine chooses these robust full bodied reds from Southern France. - Fortant de France Cabernet Sauvignon. - Rigal Cahors. - Chateau de Gourgazaud. - Rasteau Cote du Rhone Villages (my third choice). - Calvet Reserve Bordeaux. - Guigal Cotes du Rhone (my second choice). - Jaboulet Crozes Hermitage. - Chateau Montlabert. - Mommessin Chateauneuf-du-Pape (my first choice).
Provided by TOOLBELT DIVA
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To Make Garlic Confit:.
- Separate garlic into cloves. Slice root end off each clove but do not peel.
- Place in saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Boil 5 minutes. Drain and slip garlic out of its skin; it will come out easily.
- Heat butter in skillet on low heat, add garlic cloves, cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until garlic is golden (about 10 minutes). Reserve garlic and skillet for sauce.
- To Pepare the Lamb Racks:.
- Cut away last 2 inches of fat and meat from bones. Trim remaining fat; cut racks in half.
- In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, parsley, breadcrumbs, oil, salt and pepper. Pat over lamb racks.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Place lamb on a rack over roasting pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices are slightly pink. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- To Make Sauce:.
- In the reserved skillet, add red wine, vinegar and sugar. Reduce until glazed (about 3 minutes). Add stock and butter and boil until slightly thickened. Scatter in garlic confit and parsley.
- To Serve:.
- Slice lamb down into chops, spoon on a little sauce and garnish with garlic confit.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables.
- Open your bottle(s) of wine, pour liberally, and enjoy!
RACK OF LAMB WITH MUSTARD AND HERBS
My daughter served this for a dinner party recently, and we all really liked it, so I asked her for the recipe. She said she got if from her one of her Williams-Sonoma cookbooks, though I don't know which one. But I think this recipe produces a wonderfully flavorful rack of lamb that we all enjoyed. I hope you do, too.
Provided by Northwestgal
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 2 racks of lamb, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear lamb, one rack at a time. Using tongs, hold each rack upright; sear ends, about 20 seconds each. Rack should look golden. Transfer racks to 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, thyme, rosemary, butter, and a pinch of salt; mix well.
- Brush seared lamb with a thin layer of mustard. Sprinkle bread crumbs over surface of lamb, pressing so it adheres well.
- Roast lamb at 400° until a thermometer reads 120° (about 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium-rare).
- Before slicing, let lamb rest on cutting board 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: rack of lamb, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, breadcrumb, fresh flat-leaf parsley, fresh rosemary, grated parmesan cheese, whole grain dijon mustard
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron over medium high heat.
- To the hot pan, add in 4 tablespoons of the the olive oil, along with the lamb and garlic. Sear all sides of the lamb until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove browned lamb, and place cooked lamb onto a baking sheet.
- Remove garlic and add to food processor with along with the breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse until combined. Pour onto a large plate.
- Brush the top and sides of the lamb with mustard.
- Coat the top and sides of the lamb with the breadcrumb mixture and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to rest before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 1 gram
HERBED RACK OF LAMB
- Combine parsley, spring onions, garlic, rosemary, breadcrumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the rack of lamb with salt and pepper.
- Melt the extra butter in a pan and brown lamb evenly all over.
- Cover lamb with the herb mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- (lamb should be quite pink) Remove and keep warm for 10 minutes.
- Slice into individual chops.
- Serve with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.3, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 301.8, Carbohydrate 20.5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 1.8, Protein 4
HERB GRILLED RACK OF LAMB
Quick and easy yet elegant grilled main dish. Herb measurements are approximate, and any of the savory , or mint family of herbs may be used. If you use fresh herbs, you can't go wrong. The only sin is to not use enough. If fresh herbs aren't available, you may substitute dried herbs, but reduce the quantities to 2-3 tsp. each. Frenched Lamb racks are available in vac packs most everywhere. If not, ask your butcher to french them for you.
Provided by Smoky Okie
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Day before, up till one hour before cooking, salt and pepper Lamb to taste.
- Rub Lamb gently to coat with EVOO.
- Rub minced garlic evenly to Lamb.
- Combine herbs, fluff together, and spread evenly on cutting board.
- Roll lamb in chopped herbs to coat, sprinkling herbs onto the concave side of the rack, or anywhere that they don't stick.
- Allow all to macerate 1- 24 hours.
- Allow meat to come to room temp before grilling.
- 30-45 minutes before grilling, prepare a hot grill for direct/indirect grilling.
- Stand racks up on end facing eachother so as to support eachother, and grill on high heat 3-4 minutes.
- Grill outside of racks on high heat 2-3 minutes.
- Drop coals, or reduce heat to medium and grill inside side of racks 2-3 minutes, or to an internal temp of 115*.
- Rest meat 10 minutes before carving.
- Slice using bones for a guide (should look like rare lamb chops.).
- Serve on platter w/ rosemary sprig and/or mint leaves.
- Note: Cooking times will vary depending on cut of meat, type of grill, etc. As with all grill recipes, use your own judgement.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 818.5, Fat 76.1, SaturatedFat 32.2, Cholesterol 158, Sodium 117.3, Carbohydrate 1.1, Fiber 0.3, Protein 30.4
More about "rack of lamb with fresh herbs and garlic food"
GARLIC-CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (144)Category Rack of Lamb
- In a mini food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil and process until the garlic is finely chopped. Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper and rub the garlic-rosemary oil all over them. Set the racks fat side up on a large rimmed baking sheet and let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Roast the lamb in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the racks and roast for 10 minutes longer for medium-rare meat. Transfer the racks to a carving board, stand them upright and let rest for 10 minutes.
MEDITERRANEAN GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | THE ...
4.8/5 (112)Calories 299 per servingCategory Entree
- In the bowl of a small food processor fitted with a blade, add the garlic, olive oil, parsley, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Run the processor until the mixture is well-combined and everything is finely chopped.
- Rub each rack of lamb all over with the marinade. Let the lamb marinate for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature (or if you have the time, up to 1 hour).
RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERBS AND GARLIC RECIPE - BON …
5/5 (3)Servings 6
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor. Blend until garlic is finely chopped. Add 4 tablespoons oil and blend until coarse paste forms. Sprinkle each lamb rack generously with salt. Transfer half of herb paste to small bowl and reserve. Spread remaining half of herb paste over lamb racks. Arrange lamb on rimmed baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover lamb and reserved herb paste separately and chill. Bring both to room temperature before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place 1 lamb rack, meat side down, in skillet. Sear until golden, about 2 minutes; return to baking sheet, meat side up. Repeat with remaining lamb racks. Roast lamb until meat thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 20 minutes. Transfer lamb to platter. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix any pan juices into reserved herb paste. Cut lamb between bones into individual chops. Serve with herb sauce.
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | PRIMALGOURMET
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 4
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS | RECIPE | HERB RECIPES ...
RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERBS AND GARLIC BEST RECIPES
INA GARTEN'S HERB-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB — ANNA DINNERPLAN
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERBS AND GARLIC RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | FOODS GEEK
HERB-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB & BRUSSELS SPROUTS | FOODLAND
GARLIC AND HERB–MARINATED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY ...
SUPER EASY GRILLED GARLIC AND HERB MARINATED LAMB RACK ...
RACK OF LAMB WITH HERB CRUST - FRENCH-BARN.COM
RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERBS AND GARLIC - PLAIN.RECIPES
HERB-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB - AHEAD OF THYME
GARLIC & HERB ROASTED RACK OF LAMB (VIDEO) - TATYANAS ...
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | FOOD AND COOKING RECIPES
RACK OF LAMB WITH ROASTED GARLIC PAN ... - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HERBED-GARLIC SOUS VIDE LAMB RACK - KITCHEN DIVAS
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY ...
HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES ...
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - SAVEUR
GREEK LAMB WITH HERBS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - GOOD DECISIONS
HERB-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROSEMARY GARLIC MARINATED RACK OF LAMB (ROASTED ...
HERB CRUSTED ROASTED RACK OF LAMB - UNCOMPLICATEDCHEF
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB – FOOD
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERB WET RUB - THE ...
MARINATED RACK OF LAMB RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB - CRAVING HOME COOKED
GARLIC HERB RACK OF LAMB - BBQ & GRILLING WITH DERRICK RICHES
You'll also love