CHICKEN BREASTS WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
Take note of the small size of the breast and keep in mind, the sauce is just enough to coat 2 small breasts. Double the sauce should you desire more. Considering all, it's pretty healthy. No small wonder it comes from Eating Well.
Provided by gailanng
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season chicken with pepper and salt on both sides.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice and adjusting the heat to prevent burning, until brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. (I like to let them carmelize.) Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Pour in vermouth (or wine); simmer until almost evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Pour in broth and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream and chives (or scallions); return to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with sauce and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421, Fat 26.1, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 111.3, Sodium 399.1, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 3, Protein 31.9
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Tender and moist pieces of chicken in a savory mushroom cream sauce. A specialty dinner to impress your family. Easy and quick preparation! (I have used chicken tenders with success.)
Provided by Seasoned Cook
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flaten.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, basil and thyme. Using a large saucepan over low heat, saute chicken breasts in olive oil until juices run clear -- approximately 10-15 minutes. Turn heat off, cover with lid and allow chicken to remain in pan for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan saute mushrooms in olive oil. Add minced garlic and wine.
- Remove chicken from large saucepan to a plate.
- Place mushroom mixture in large saucepan and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Allow mushrooms to simmer approximately 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream. In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch with cold water and add to cream. Heat and stir until sauce thickens.
- Place chicken breasts back in pan and spoon sauce over chicken. Allow chicken to reheat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Serve with pasta of choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753.8, Fat 59.7, SaturatedFat 22.6, Cholesterol 185.3, Sodium 1479.6, Carbohydrate 10.8, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2.6, Protein 39.7
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
Serve this to guests and you will get rave reviews, the sauce from this is so good! the complete recipe may be doubled if desired.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Season the chicken breasts with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet; add in breasts and cook until the chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Remove to a serving platter; tent loosley with foil to keep warm.
- For the sauce; in the same skillet cook mushrooms, shallots and garlic in the chicken drippings for about 3 minutes or until tender; spoon over chicken.
- Add the wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen crusty browned bits in the bottom of the skillet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chicken broth with flour and thyme; add to the skillet along with bay leaf; cook stirring until bubbly.
- Cook another 2 minutes more then add in whipping cream; cook stirring until just heated through .
- Remove the bay leaf, then season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken along with the cooked pasta.
- Pass the Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of plate.
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Bring broth to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat; add dried mushrooms. Let stand until mushrooms soften, about 30 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Cut off mushroom stems and discard; slice caps.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add all mushrooms and onion to same skillet. Sauté over medium-high heat until almost all liquid evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown, about 12 minutes. Add cream and brandy. Pour in reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Boil until almost thickened to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes. Return chicken and any collected juices to skillet. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley.
CHICKEN WITH WILD MUSHROOM AND BALSAMIC CREAM SAUCE
This recipe is a modern take on the ol' Cream of Mushroom Chicken. This one is more healthful and almost as easy as pouring that condensed, salty mass out of a can. It will heal a long day!
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add orzo pasta. Cook to al dente.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the heat, turn heat back a bit, and add the butter. Once the butter melts add the mushrooms and brown stirring occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes. Once the mushrooms are brown season with salt and pepper then add the garlic, thyme and shallots. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until the shallots are wilted. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook 2 minutes more. Whisk in the stock, balsamic vinegar and the cream. Turn the heat up to high and simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the chicken on an angle. Add the parsley and the chicken back to the skillet to heat up, about 1 minute.
- To serve, pile orzo on dinner plates and top with the sliced chicken and sauce.
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY APPLE-MUSHROOM SAUCE
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add apples and reserved chicken.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over chicken; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.4, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 182.1, Carbohydrate 18.8, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 8.7, Protein 31.4
PAN-FRIED CHICKEN IN MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the thighs for 8-10 mins, skin side only, until golden brown, then transfer to a casserole dish. Fry the drumsticks for about 5 mins each side and add them to the thighs.
- Pour the stock over the chicken legs in the casserole. There should be enough stock to just cover the chicken, if not add a little water. Bring stock to the boil and cover, leaving lid slightly ajar. Cook at just below simmering point for 30-35 mins until chicken is cooked.
- While chicken is simmering, drain oil from the pan. Heat the butter in pan and add onion. Sweat onion for 5 mins until soft, but not coloured. Turn up the heat, add the mushrooms, then fry for 3 mins until they soften and start to smell wonderful. Pour over the white wine, raise the heat to maximum and boil rapidly for 6-8 mins until reduced by two-thirds. Turn off the heat and leave until chicken has cooked.
- Once chicken legs are cooked, strain stock into pan with the onion, mushrooms and white wine, bring back to the boil and reduce again by two-thirds until it is thick and syrupy. Pour in double cream, bring it to the boil, season if you want, then pour it over chicken. Heat chicken through in the sauce for 2-3 mins then turn off the heat and leave for a few mins before serving. This is such an aromatic and beautiful looking dish you should serve it straight from the casserole with the lid on.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 22 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 50 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
PHILLY CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
Use only one skillet when you make PHILLY Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese is the secret ingredient that makes this simple dish really stand out. Plus, cleanup is a breeze when you make PHILLY Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 1-1/2 tsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add half the chicken; cook 6 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken and 1-1/2 tsp. of the remaining oil.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until evenly browned. Stir in shallots; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese; stir. Cook 3 to 5 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Return all chicken breasts to skillet; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 0.6275 g, Sugar 2 g, Protein 20 g
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
This recipe came from my American Heritage cookbook. Juicy and tender breaded chicken with a wonderfully rich and creamy sauce. My father's favorite (and that's saying alot)! Simple to make but doesn't taste like it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Provided by capt_tripp86
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pound chicken to 1/2" thickness--I do this between cellophane to avoid any mess. Coat with flour. Dip in egg/milk mixture. Coat with bread crumbs. Fry 2-4 at a time in hot oil until golden (about 5 minute per side). Remove and keep warm while frying the rest. Serve with MUSHROOM SAUCE.
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Add milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until boiling and thickening. Stir in sour cream and heat through--Do Not Boil.
More about "chicken with creamy mushroom sauce food"
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 4Category Main Course
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GARLIC SAUCE - CAFE ...
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPES
CHICKEN CUTLETS, GNOCCHI AND KALE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN RECIPE - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
CHICKEN WITH GARLIC MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE - FEAST AND FARM
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THIS SKILLET CHICKEN RECIPE WITH CREAMY ... - 30SECONDS FOOD
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BAKED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | FOODAL
4-INGREDIENT CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - THE ...
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM TARRAGON SAUCE
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - SHE WEARS ...
SLOW COOKER MUSHROOM CHICKEN IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - MY ...
CHICKEN IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN (WITH AN AMAZING CREAM SAUCE!)
CRISPY CHICKEN SCHNITZELS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE ...
CHICKEN WITH CHEESY MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE - LET'S DISH RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE - EASY FAMILY RECIPES
ONE-PAN CHICKEN RECIPES: THIS 20-MINUTE CREAMY MUSHROOM ...
CHICKEN BREAST IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GARLIC SAUCE
ONE-PAN CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - JO COOKS
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | OFFICIAL COFFEE MATE®
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN - RECIPE RUNNER
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - TESCO REAL FOOD
CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM CHICKEN - THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - TESCO REAL FOOD
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN MUSHROOM RECIPE (KETO) - BLONDELISH.COM
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM | MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR CHICKEN ...
CHICKEN MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | SLIMMING WORLD RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - NEW IDEA …
You'll also love