PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE
Celebrate the Season - Fall Baking Recipe Magazine Contest 2010 shared by Lily Julow from Gainesville, FL
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and apple pie spice. Cut in 1/2 cup butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like rolled oats. Stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the brown sugar; set aside.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter crosswise in half. Repeat with pears. In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted; stir in apples. Partly cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pears; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, depending on ripeness of pears. In small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the cornstarch and cinnamon; add to fruit mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Spoon fruit mixture into ungreased 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate. Spoon topping evenly over fruit. Place pie plate on cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 1/2 g
APPLE, PEAR & WALNUT CRUMBLE
Gary Rhodes's traditional fruit and nut pudding can be oven baked in an hour for a warming family treat
Provided by Gary Rhodes
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Supper, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the chopped apples, lemon zest, rosemary, if using, and sugar in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice and cook for 3-4 mins. Tip in the pears and cook 2-3 mins more, until the fruits are just beginning to soften. Spoon the fruits and juices into a 1.7 litre pudding dish and flatten slightly.
- For the crumble, finely chop half the walnuts in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of ground almonds. Add the flour, butter and sugar and continue to blitz to a coarse or fine crumble mix, whichever you prefer.
- Roughly break the remaining walnuts with your fingers and stir into the crumble. Scatter the crumble mix on top of the fruits and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Serve warm with cream or custard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 86 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.36 milligram of sodium
BEST-EVER FRUIT CRUMBLE
- You can't go wrong with an old-fashioned crumble. Everyone loves it, and it's lovely and easy!
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt and ginger.
- Cut the cold butter into chunks and rub it into the flour mix with your hands until you get a mixture that looks a bit like fine breadcrumbs. This is the crumble topping.
- To make the filling, boil the water and sugar together, then carefully drop in the pear chunks and simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped ginger and the lime zest and juice to the pan and stir. Spoon the mixture into one large ovenproof dish or four small ones.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the top of the fruit, piling it high in the middle of the dish and leaving space at the edge for the caramel to bubble up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the pears are cooked and bubbling and the crumble is golden on top. Serve with custard or a dollop of crème fraîche with lime zest grated over, if you like.
- Tip: This crumble will work well with apples instead, if you prefer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 16.5 g fat, SaturatedFat 9.6 g saturated fat, Protein 4 g protein, Carbohydrate 72.5 g carbohydrate, Sugar 43.7 g sugar, Sodium 0 g salt, Fiber 3.1 g fibre
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
This great dessert is from The New Vegetarian Epicure. I've used it with several combinations of fruit - basically whatever I have on hand - and it's always been good. While the apple and pear combination is excellent, I've also had great results with mixed berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, cherries). An easy dessert with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Provided by pattikay in L.A.
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare fruit (peel, pit, whatever it takes). If large, cut into 1/4 thick slices.
- Toss in a bowl with lemon juice, sugar and raisins and a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon (I usually add allspice because I love it).
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and spices.
- Cut in the butter and mix till mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. There should be no big chunks of butter left. (I usually do this with my hands - don't have a food processor).
- Sprinkle in the ice water, mix till the crumble mixture holds together and forms little clumps.
- Add the rolled oats and mix. If the mixture seems sticky, add more oats.
- Spread fruit evenly in a large glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Scatter topping evenly over the fruit, leaving some of it in larger chunks and some in fine crumbles.
- Bake the Crumble at 375 for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown and the juice is bubbling up around the edges.
- Serve it hot or warm, with ice cream, whipped cream, or all by itself.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.4, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 19.1, Sodium 92.7, Carbohydrate 85.8, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 58.9, Protein 3.5
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
This crumble is perfect for warming you in winter. The crumble topping is made from the Jordans Honey Country Crisp and honey, it is best served with silky soft cinnamon cream.
Provided by wildcardpr
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ fan 170 F/ Mk 4. Butter a 1 litre ovenproof baking dish with 25g of the butter.
- Toss the apples and pears in the honey, 30g of the sugar, and the vanilla extract. Spoon into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub together the remaining butter with the flour. Stir in the remaining sugar, and the Jordans Honey Country Crisp. Spoon this over the apples and pears in the dish, and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick, and stir in the cinnamon. Sweeten with extra honey if desired. Serve the crumble warm with the cream on the side.
PEAR-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Prepare the crust: Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edge with a fork or your fingers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Peel and thinly slice the pears and apples and transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl; add the dried fruit, honey, granulated sugar, flour, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the apples and pears are tender and juicy, 5 to 7 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Make the topping: Whisk the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, work the butter into the oat mixture until small clumps form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the pie crust on a baking sheet. Add the filling, slightly mounding it in the center. Press the crumble topping evenly over the filling. Bake until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbling, about 1 1/2 hours. (Tent with foil if the topping browns too quickly.) Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
APPLE AND PEAR CRISP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cut the pears and apples into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and add the zests, juices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
- Place the baking dish on a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm.
HEALTHY APPLE & PEAR CRISP
An old favorite made healthy without losing any flavor. I could eat this all day long! I have left the skin on the apples and pears here but feel free to peel yours. Enjoy this classic!
Provided by Julie | The Simple Veganista
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash apples well. Slice, core and dice apples and pears.
- In a large bowl (or right in your baking dish), combine apples, pears, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and layer into a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium size bowl, combine oats, almond meal, walnuts, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt, mix well. Spread oat mixture evenly over the apples and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until apples and pears are fork tender. Let cool 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 generously
Nutrition Facts :
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE
Between the natural sweetness of the fruits, the spices and the crunchiness of the topping, this Apple and Pear Crumble is the ultimate Winter Dessert!
Provided by A Baking Journey
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat your oven on 180'C/350'F
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 kcal, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 7 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 22 g, ServingSize 1 serving
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly.
- Mix apples, pears, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; spread into the bottom of a 9x9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle oat mixture atop apple-pear mixture; top with almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 91.2 mg, Sugar 34.1 g
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Grease a deep 1.5 litre (6 cups) ovenproof dish.
- Peel, core and quarter apples and pears; slice fruit thickly.
- Combine fruit, sugar and the water in a large saucepan and cook covered for about 10 minutes or until fruit is just tender.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- While the fruit is cooking make the crumble topping by mixing all the dry ingredients well together and then fold in chopped butter.
- Place apples and pears into prepared ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the crumble topping.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.3, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 32.1, Sodium 115, Carbohydrate 83.6, Fiber 9.5, Sugar 58, Protein 4.3
PEAR CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPE
This mouthwatering pear crumble cake is super sweet, buttery, and full of tangy pears.Perfect with a drizzle of custard, a dollop of ice cream
Provided by Jessica Dady
Yield Serves: 12
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven 180C/ 350F/Gas4.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm round, deep cake tin.
- Cut the apples and pears into slices and toss with ½ the cinnamon and set aside.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining cinnamon and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, place fruit slices on the top and sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes in the middle of the oven until firm and golden.
- Cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : @context https, Calories 413 Kcal, Sugar 28.6 g, Fat 23.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g
PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE
You can't beat a warming bowl of comfort food in these chilly winter months. Why not treat yourself to a hearty pudding of pear, apple and raspberry crumble - serve warm or cold with custard or cream.
Provided by Jessica Dady
Yield Serves: 8
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- To make the crumble: Mix the flour and ground almonds in a bowl. Rub in the butter, then mix in all but 3 tbsp of the demerara sugar. Set aside.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears and apples. Thickly slice the apple and put all the fruit in a large ovenproof dish (preferably shallow) with the 3 tbsp of demerara sugar and 5 tablespoons water.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the top and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake on a baking sheet for 50-60 mins until the juices start to bubble up through the crumble. Serve warm or cold with custard or cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : @context https, Calories 426 Kcal, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g
More about "apple and pear crumble food"
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - FOOD TO LOVE
Cuisine AustralianCategory Dessert, Morning Tea, Brunch, Afternoon TeaServings 8Total Time 50 mins
- To make filling: Combine apples, pears, water and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until just tender. Stir in raisins and pour into pie plate.
- To make crumble: In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut. Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes, until melted. Pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over fruit. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Serve warm with ice-cream.
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | TESCO REAL FOOD
5/5 Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 603 per serving
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Cakes And Baking
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE CAKE - VEGAN | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Cake, DessertCalories 303 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), and line a 20 cm (8 inch) square baking tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Cut the apples and pears into quarters and remove the cores. (If your fruits have tough skins you can peel them, but if not, leave the skins intact.) Cut each quarter into 5 or 6 slices and place them in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and mix well so that the fruit slices are all covered in cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, applesauce, vanilla, oil, vinegar and juice/water. Mix well to give a thick batter.
- Pour/dollop the mixture into the prepared tin, and spread to the edges with a palette knife or spatula. I usually bang the tin down hard on the counter a few times to level the mixture.
VEGAN APPLE OR PEAR CRUMBLE - THE VEGAN ATLAS
Cuisine Plant-BasedCategory Desserts & SweetsServings 6Total Time 45 mins
- Combine the first 5 dry topping ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle in the vegan butter or oil and stir until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fruit with the syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir together until evenly coated.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a lightly oiled 9-inch baking pan or round pie plate and pat in evenly. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
EASY APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
Ratings 27Calories 477 per servingCategory Dessert
- Put the chopped apples and pear in a baking dish and add the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Put the crumble ingredients in to a bowl and using your fingers, crumble the butter and mix it together. This process will take a while, as you want to get the butter really fine and all mixed in.
- Put in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
APPLE, PEAR & BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE - BEST RECIPES UK
Cuisine BritishCategory Desserts, Winter WarmersServings 4Total Time 55 mins
- In a pan melt the butter over a low heat and add the apples, pears and sugar and cook until soft. Add the blackberries and then transfer into an ovenproof dish.
- In a bowl, add the butter, flour and cinnamon - using your hands rub it together to form a breadcrumb texture. Add the demerara sugar and mix through. Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream, clotted cream or custard - enjoy!
VEGAN APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - SPOONFUL OF KINDNESS
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 418 per serving
- In a pan or skillet, melt the coconut oil and add apples, pears and dark brown sugar. Cook until soft, for about 10 minutes. Transfer the filling into a square 8" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, coconut oil and walnuts (if using). Rub the mixture together using your hands to form a breadcrumb texture.
CHRISTMAS CRUMBLE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertsCalories 287 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.Peel and core the apples and pears, then quarter and chop into 3cm chunks.Place in a pan on a medium heat with the cranberry sauce and booze (if using), then finely grate in the clementine zest and squeeze in the juice.Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until the fruit has softened, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.Cut the butter into cubes and place in a mixing bowl with the flour and a pinch of sea salt.
- Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then scrunch in the sugar to add a little texture.
- Roughly chop and stir through the almonds or nuts, and crumble in the mince pie.Transfer the fruit to a 25cm x 30cm baking dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE | PRODUCE FOR KIDS
Servings 6Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertsCalories 417 per serving
- Blend oats, sugar, flour, butter and allspice with electric mixer until it binds and is coarse. Crumble mixture over pear and apple slices. Sprinkle with orange juice.
APPLE, PEAR, AND BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - COOKING WITH FUDGE
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 188 per serving
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and melted butter. The mixture will be crumbly, and that’s how you want it!
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMB PIE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsServings 8Calories 497 per serving
- Make the crust.Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and shortening and pulse to form a coarse crumble. While the motor is running, add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead just until smooth. Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a circle about 14 inches in diameter and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Using your fingers, fold over any overhang and crimp the edge. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel, core, and slice all the pears and apples 1/4 inch thick. Gently toss them in a bowl with the lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon into the crust and sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
PEAR AND ALMOND CRUMBLE, A DELICIOUS DESSERT, GREAT WITH ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Make the crumble topping. In a mixing bowl, add all the crumble topping ingredients and using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs
- If you wanted to freeze this, you could use those aluminium containers to make the crumble and freeze before you put in the oven. When you want to use it, defrost and bake as normal. This does freeze very nicely.
- In a bowl, add the peeled and sliced pears together with the other filling ingredients and combine so the pears are coated with the spices etc. Then add to the baking dish. Cover the pears completely with the crumble topping, but do not smooth the topping flat. Lumps and bumps will add to the crunchy texture. ** My baking dish measures 12 x 8 and 3 inches deep. Just make sure your dish is deep enough to hold all the pears and topping!
BRAMLEY APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - BRITMUMS
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine BritishTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- To make the topping, whizz the oats in a food processor until sandy (about 10 seconds). Then add in the rest of the topping ingredients whizz until it looks like breadcrumbs, about 20 seconds. If you don’t have a food processor, put the flour/sugar/butter in a bowl and rub it between your fingers to make breadcrumbs. Then add in the oats and cinnamon, mixing in with your fingers. Place aside, or put in fridge until you are ready to use.
- Place the peeled/cored/sliced apples and pears in a 2-litre oven proof dish. Squeeze the lime over the apples/pears (being careful to catch any seeds). Sprinkle with the vanilla and sugar. Mix a bit with your hands. Add a 2 Tablespoons water.
EASY APPLE & BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - THE HAPPY PEAR - PLANT ...
- Core and chop the apples/pears into bite-sized pieces leaving the skins on. Put them in a pot with the frozen blueberries, water pot and the other stewed fruit ingredients.
- Bring the fruit mixture to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, stew the fruit for about 20 mins or until all the fruit has properly broken down.
- If using coconut oil for the crumble, melt it first by heating up in a pan. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients for the crumble together in a bowl including the oil.
EASY APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE - AMUMMYTOO.CO.UK
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Desserts And Sweet TreatsCalories 726 per serving
MANGO, APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE – SUGAR-FREE, RAW, GLUTEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
Reviews 8Category Desserts & Sweet TreatsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
APPLE & PEAR CRUMBLE MUFFINS RECIPE - MYFOODBOOK
3.4/5 (62)Servings 12Cuisine AustralianCategory Baking
PALEO APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE - ISABEL SMITH NUTRITION
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Calories 431 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | FRUIT CRUMBLE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
4.4/5 (23)Servings 8-10Cuisine AustralianCategory Dessert
TINNED PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - FOOD RECIPES
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE
11 APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | NAIRNS OATCAKES
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE MARY BERRY - TFRECIPES.COM
13 EASY AND TASTY PEARS CRUMBLE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS ...
APPLE, CRANBERRY AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - TFRECIPES.COM
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
FOOD NETWORK APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love