These kebabs have 6 different kinds of spices; the first time I smelled them I knew immediately that I had to find the recipe. The most affordable way to purchase the spices is in bulk at either a health food store or an Asian or Middle-Eastern market. They are very good! Serve with yogurt, flat bread, lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
Provided by SRKELZ
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef's knife on your cutting board. Mix the garlic into the lamb along with the onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger, and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Form the mixture into 28 balls. Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into a 2 inch oval; repeat with the remaining skewers. Place the kebabs onto a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the lamb has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 6 minutes for medium.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 34.6 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 78.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- For the tzatziki sauce: Strain Greek yogurt through a paper-towel lined colander and let sit for 3 hours to thicken, refrigerated.
- Fold the yogurt with cucumbers, fresh lemon juice, mint, crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the harissa sauce: Char red bell peppers over an open flame, then remove seeds and clean the skin.
- Boil Fresno chiles in salted water in a pot on medium heat until the vegetables start to soften. Drain, then deseed and remove the membranes of the chiles.
- Toast cumin seeds, coriander and caraway seeds in a skillet until fragrant. Crush the toasted spices in a spice grinder with mint and salt until finely ground.
- Blend the spice mixture with the roasted red bell peppers, Fresno chiles, vegetable oil, garlic and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil while blending.
- For the tahini sauce: Blend tahini, water, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
- For the kebabs: Mix ground beef, allspice, nutmeg, salt, cinnamon, pepper, ginger, garlic, onion and parsley in a bowl by hand, then refrigerate overnight.
- Form the mixture into 4 to 6 balls, then put each on a metal skewer. Lengthen the meat into elongated kebab shapes and grill over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Warm the pita with a little butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce. Top with the kebab, then squirt with tahini sauce and harissa sauce.
Kofta kebabs are skewers of spicy, grilled minced meat that are popular in the Middle East as well as in the cuisines of the Levant and Mediterranean.
Provided by Renards Gourmets
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl, and knead well for 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours, kneading the mixture for 3 minutes every hour.
- Divide the meat into 12 equal portions and roll them up.
- Then form into 12 uniform sausage shapes.
- Skewer each, and shape tightly by squeezing the meat along the length of the skewer (leaving roughly 6" / 15 cm for a "handle").
- Cover the skewers with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours before grilling.
- Grill the koftas on the barbecue, in the oven or on a preheated griddle on all sides for about 5 minutes or until the desired doneness is achieved.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, accompanied by pita, arayes bread, tahini sauce, hummus, raw salad, and / or baba ganoush.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 46 g, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 2 g, Cholesterol 149 mg, Sodium 1331 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI
Whether it's Indonesian satay, French brochette, or Turkish kebab, food on a stick is just plain fun. "Kofta" refers to kebabs made with ground rather than cubed meat.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear mixture to a coarse paste. Mix the paste and the remaining 1 tablespoon salt with the meat, onion, parsley, and spices.
- Line a pan with aluminum foil. Divide the meat mixture into 28 rough balls. Mold each piece around the pointed end of a skewer (if you use wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading them), making a 2-inch oval kebab that comes to a point just covering the tip of the skewer. Lay the skewers on the pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Brush the pan lightly with olive oil. Working in batches, grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown all over and just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with tzatziki and flat bread.
- If you're using plain whole milk yogurt, line a small sieve with a coffee filter. Put the yogurt in it, set it over a bowl, and refrigerate 12 hours. Discard the expressed liquid and put yogurt in the bowl.
- Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater into another bowl. Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons salt and rub into the cucumber with your hands. Set aside 20 minutes, then squeeze the cucumbers to express as much liquid as possible.
- Smash the garlic, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Stir the cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint into the yogurt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
TURKISH KOFTA KEBABS
- Cover eight bamboo skewers with cold water and leave them to soak.
- Put the minced chicken into a bowl with the onions, garlic, chilli flakes, parsley, one teaspoon of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Mix together with your hands until bound together.
- Divide the mixture into eight and mould it into long sausage shapes around the drained bamboo skewers.
- heat the grilled pan and Brush the kofta with oil .and cook on medium heat.
- turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through.
- serve with pitta and yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.1, Fat 18.7, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 64, Sodium 84, Carbohydrate 10.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 3.3, Protein 22.2
LAMB KOFTA KEBABS FROM JAMIE OLIVER
I saw this on Jamie at Home the other day and I thought, what with it being BBQ season, I'd give them a go. Unfortunately, as soon as I bought the lamb, the weather changed and I ended up cooking them in the oven. They'd definitely be better on a BBQ, but I wasn't going out in the rain! I found them quite difficult to handle without them breaking up when raw. They were easier after sitting in the fridge for a while, but you still have to be super careful. If you don't support the meat (ie if you try to pick them up with the skewer) they tend to fall right off. Try rolling them onto the BBQ - once they're cooked, they're fine! I couldn't find sumac, so I used the zest of one lemon instead, which was a good substitution.
Provided by Snowbunny Andorra
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Put the pistachios into a blender and chop until they're all about half size.
- Add the lamb and thyme, along with most of the cumin, chili and sumac (or lemon zest) (reserve a little for sprinkling on the made-up kebab). Add salt and pepper to season.
- Pulse until it's mixed and looks like a chunky mince. If you don't pulse, you'll end up with a puree).
- Shape onto four metal skewers, so you have four sausage shapes. Dimple the kebabs with your fingers to improve the cooked texture.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to "set" the meat a little.
- Put kebabs onto a very hot barbecue and cook until nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the sliced onion with a good pinch of salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice, which will take the edge off the onion.
- Just before the kebabs are ready, add the salad leaves, mint and parsley to the bowl and mix together. Add another pinch of salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and another squeeze of lemon.
- Warm your tortillas on the griddle (or in the microwave for a few seconds).
- Place a spoonful of the salad mix in the middle, top with a kebab and a dollop of creme fraiche, and sprinkle with a little of the left over spices. Drizzle with a little olive oil, wrap up and eat, delish!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 780.1, Fat 42.2, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 110.5, Sodium 848, Carbohydrate 69, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 3.8, Protein 32.6
More about "kofta kebabs food"
KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
4.8/5 (45)Calories 234 per servingCategory Entree
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from water when you are ready to begin. Lightly oil the grates of a gas grill and preheat it to medium-high for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare pita bread and fixings. If you plan to, make the tahini sauce from this recipe. Prepare other sides and salads before you begin grilling.
- Add the beef, lamb, bread (be sure to squeeze out the water completely), and the spices. Run the processor until all is well combined forming a pasty meat mixture.
MIDDLE EASTERN MEATBALLS (KOFTA KEBABS) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY KOFTA RECIPES TO PREPARE AT HOME - NDTV FOOD
SPICY MINCED LAMB KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE (GIAOURTLOU)
BEEF KAFTA AFGHAN KEBAB RECIPE - DOBBERNATIONLOVES
CHICKEN KOFTA KEBABS WITH GARLICKY YOGURT SAUCE (AND A DAIRY-FREE ...
JORDANIAN BEEF KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE - THE ODEHLICIOUS
KOFTA BEEF KEBABS - CHATELAINE
TURKISH KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE BY FOOD FUSION - YOUTUBE
KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI - GRILLING | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
KAFTA - SIMPLY LEBANESE
KOFTA KEBAB WITH YELLOW ONION, CAYENNE, GROUND BEEF, TOMATO AND …
KOFTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED GREEK KOFTA KEBABS AND TZATZIKI (PALEO, AIP-FRIENDLY) - FOOD …
THE TYPICAL FOOD OF EGYPT: KOFTA
LAMB KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE - GRILLED PERSIAN CUISINE - IRAN
TURKISH KOFTA RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME - TURKISH FOOD TRAVEL
THE BEST KOFTA KABOB RECIPE – MOROCCANZEST
KOFTA (KöFTE KEBAB) - RECIPE FOR BEEF SKEWERS
TURKISH KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE IN OVEN (HOMEMADE) - GIVE RECIPE
EASY BEEF KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
THE BEST GRILLED BEEF KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE - EARTH, FOOD, AND FIRE
GRILLED LAMB KOFTA KEBABS, TWO WAYS (SKEWERS AND SLIDERS!)
LAMB KOFTA KEBABS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BACK STREET KOFTA KEBABS | KOFTA RECIPES | TURKISH | SBS FOOD
MOROCCAN KEFTA RECIPE - GROUND BEEF OR LAMB KEBABS - TASTE OF …
SPICY KOFTA KEBABS | LAMB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
KOFTA OR SPICED GROUND BEEF KEBAB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TURKISH LAMB KOFTA KEBABS | RECIPETIN EATS
TURKISH KOFTA KABAB – FOOD FUSION
LEBANESE KOFTA KEBABS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
KOFTA KEBABS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
TURKISH BEEF KOFTA KEBAB - TASTE TOPICS
KAFTA (LEBANESE GRILLED BEEF KEBABS) - CHEF TARIQ | FOOD BLOG
KOFTA KEBAB - IMMACULATE BITES
BEEF KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE - THE FOODIE PHYSICIAN
LEBANESE LAMB KOFTA RECIPE (KAFTA/KOFTA KEBABS) - ALPHAFOODIE
MIDDLE EASTERN KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
MOROCCAN KEFTA KEBAB RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF OR LAMB
KöFTA KEBAB BURGER | SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA WIKI | FANDOM
MIDDLE EASTERN GRILLED KOFTA KEBABS - LUDA FOODS RECIPE
You'll also love