ALLRECIPES FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
As if this flourless dark chocolate cake's flavor wasn't glorious enough on its own, the texture is dense and luscious.
Provided by Sara Quessenberry
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with ¼ cup of the heavy cream over medium-low heat until the butter is melted. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until puffed and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before unmolding.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with the crème fraîche and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Dust the cake with cocoa (or confectioners' sugar) and serve with the whipped cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 203 mg, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 26 g, Sodium 53 mg, Sugar 32 g, Fat 44 g, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
This gluten-free cake can be enjoyed at room temperature, but chilling it transforms the texture, making it deliciously dense.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and butter the inside of a spring-form pan. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in the sugar, cocoa powder and salt until all of the lumps are gone. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until they form stiff peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture, then stir in about a quarter of the whipped egg whites. Scrape this lightened chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped egg whites and gently fold until mostly combined (it's ok if there are some streaks of egg white). Pour into the prepared pan and bake until the center of the cake no longer wiggles, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan, on a wire rack (the cake will deflate slightly). Unlock the pan and dust the top of the cake with some cocoa powder. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 2-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray.
- Put the chocolate, butter, and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on 75 percent power for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave again until completely melted, about 2 minutes more. Alternatively, put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with an inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl on the pan without touching the water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a standing or handheld mixer until light and thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped eggs until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out wet but not gooey, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and cool on a rack.
- When ready to serve remove ring from spring form mold. Dust cake with confectioners' sugar or cocoa powder. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- Beat the cream and vanilla in a chilled non-reactive bowl with a whisk or an electric mixer just until they hold a loose peak. (Lift the beater from the cream and look at the shape of the peak at the end of the whisk; it should hold a lazy curve.) Sift the sugar over the cream and continue to beat just until it holds a soft peak. Take care not to over beat the cream or it will be look curdy. Serve, or refrigerate covered for up to 4 hours.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using 1/2 tablespoon butter grease a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with a parchment round. Cover pan underneath and along sides with foil and set in a roasting pan. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, and Kahlua in a metal bowl set over simmering water or in the top of a double boiler. Melt the mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes; reserve.
- Meanwhile combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until frothy and almost doubled in volume, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fold 1/3 of egg mixture into chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula. Repeat this process 2 more times - until all of egg mixture has been folded into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and place in the roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides. Bake until cake has risen slightly and edges are just beginning to set, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove cake from roasting pan and cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove foil, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cake from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Remove springform pan sides, invert cake onto a large plate, and peel away parchment paper from bottom. Reinvert cake on another large plate or serving platter and garnish with confectioners' sugar or cocoa powder immediately before serving.
TOWERING FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Put the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). Stir until the chocolate melts, then remove the bowl from the pan.
- Put the eggs, turbinado sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Set the bowl over the same pan of simmering water and whisk until the mixture is warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer the bowl to the stand mixer; beat with the whisk attachment on medium speed until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the beer and vanilla to a low boil in a saucepan. Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the beer mixture, then the melted chocolate, until combined, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the butter until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 1 hour, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove the ring. Let cool completely.
- Make the meringue: Microwave the chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring, until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and 1/3 cup water in a heatproof bowl. Put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; beat with a handheld mixer on low speed, then gradually increase the speed to high and beat until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pan; continue beating until the meringue is cool and fluffy. Fold in the vanilla, then fold in the melted chocolate until swirled. Spread the meringue on the cake.
HOLIDAY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
This cake is really really good. I believe it's from an Emeril cookbook. This is for the chocolate lovers out there.....
Provided by Miss Erin C.
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9" springform pan with 1 tablespoons of butter, dust with flour.
- In metal bowl over double boiler, melt remaining butter and chocolate, remove from heat
- Use mixer to beat yolks together with sugar and vanilla.
- Beat whites and salt together until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into yolk mixture a little at a time.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into springform pan.
- Bake 40 minutes until spongy.
- Remove from oven, remove springform, cool completely.
- When cake is cool, prepare icing.
- Mix together chocolate and cream over double boiler until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with raspberries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 741.7, Fat 65.9, SaturatedFat 39.9, Cholesterol 217.8, Sodium 280.8, Carbohydrate 49.1, Fiber 12.8, Sugar 26, Protein 15.8
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees with the rack in the center. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Let cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, and continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture; then gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack; remove sides of pan. Serve at room temperature, dusted with confectioners' sugar. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
Treat someone to this flourless chocolate cake. It's ideal for anyone following a gluten-free diet, and makes an irresistible dessert with fresh berries
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter a 23cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl in the microwave or over a pan of gently simmering water. Mix the coffee powder with 2 tbsp hot water until dissolved. Stir the coffee into the chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl for 2 mins with an electric whisk until soft peaks form. In another large bowl, whisk both the sugars, the vanilla and egg yolks for 5-8 mins, or until pale and fluffy. Sift the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and mix gently to combine.
- Stir the cooled chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, then gently fold through the egg whites until smooth. Transfer to the tin and bake for 1hr-1hr 20 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool, remove from the tin and serve with fresh berries, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 436 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 31 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "flourless chocolate cake for chocolate lovers food"
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE - SAVOR THE BEST
Reviews 44Calories 557 per servingCategory Desserts
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE IS THE ULTIMATE DESSERT FOR …
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM)
THE EASIEST FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR PASSOVER | THE NOSHER
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE – RECIPE – RHEMA CC
5-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HOW TO MAKE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE - FOOD52
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - EMERIL LAGASSE - FOOD & WINE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE - EATING BIRD FOOD
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | COOKIES & CUPS
BEST FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
You'll also love