CHICKEN MOLE CASSEROLE WITH OLIVES
Mole sauces have layers of rich flavor with mild to moderate heat. The chocolate in the sauce helps offset the heat without becoming a dominant flavor, which is why we added the spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar to this this dish originally submitted by Barbara L. White from Livingston, Texas. - Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, saute 1 cup onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, salt, oregano and cumin; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder, spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar and flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups, about 35 minutes. , In a large bowl, combine chicken and 1/2 cup sauce. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the tortillas, chicken mixture, remaining onion and olives; top with 1 cup sauce and 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers., Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622 calories, Fat 35g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 144mg cholesterol, Sodium 1568mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 50g protein.
CHICKEN AND OLIVE MOLE CASSEROLE
My southwestern chicken casserole makes the perfect party dish when you're looking for something a little out of the ordinary. The mole sauce lends an authentic flavor, and folks are always pleasantly surprised to taste a little sweetness from the chocolate. -Barbara White, Livingston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, saute 1 cup onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, salt, oregano, cumin and cinnamon; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder and flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups, about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate., In a large bowl, combine chicken and 1/2 cup sauce. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the tortillas, chicken mixture, remaining onion and olives; top with 1 cup sauce and 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers., Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640 calories, Fat 36g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 144mg cholesterol, Sodium 1483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 50g protein.
CHICKEN AND OLIVES
The sharp, briny bite of olives is the dominant flavors here, which is why it pairs so well with chicken breast. This is one of those dishes where, if you tasted the chicken and sauce separately, you probably wouldn't be very impressed, but together they're magic.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season skin-side of chicken with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Turn breasts over and season skinless side with salt, black pepper, cayenne, and herbes de Provence. Turn again so that the skin-side is facing up; rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place chicken skin-side down in hot oil. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook chicken until skin is well-browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until just browned, about 2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir shallots in the hot skillet until just softening and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Stir olives into shallots and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the reserved olive brine, lemon zest, and cumin; increase heat to high and cook until sauce is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken, skin-side up, to the skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Stir parsley and butter into sauce, stirring continuously until butter is melted and sauce is shiny. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 641.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 206.6 mg, Fat 37.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 69.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.4 g, Sodium 901.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
CHICKEN & OLIVE CASSEROLE
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish on a medium heat, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Turn up the heat, add the chicken and cook for a few mins each side until golden.
- Return the onion and garlic to the pan with the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through, juicy and tender, and the sauce is rich and thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND RICE WITH OLIVES
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in 3 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon oregano; cook 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, olives, lemon quarters, 1 1/2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and stir. Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the remaining 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon oregano and cook, stirring, until the garlic is softened, about 10 seconds. Add the lemon juice and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by about half and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Divide among plates, top with the chicken and pan juices and sprinkle with the chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 18 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 133 milligrams, Sodium 953 milligrams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PASTA
- Heat 2 Tbl of oil and the butter in a skillet. Add the chicken halves, and panfry until they are golden brown all over. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, and fry over a medium heat until they begin to soften. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season to taste. Transfer the vegetables to a casserole dish, and arrange the chicken on top of them.
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a boil. Pour the wine over the chicken. Cover the pan and cook in a preheated oven at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Add the olives to the casserole and mix them in . Pour in the cream, cover, and return to the oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and the remaining oil, and cook until the pasta is tender bur still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta well and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta, spoon the sauce over the top, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately. Alternatively, place the pasta in a large serving bowl and serve it separately from the vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1219.2, Fat 57.9, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 221.4, Sodium 1029.4, Carbohydrate 88.8, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 7.7, Protein 77.8
OLIVE-MOZZARELLA CHICKEN BAKE
All ingredients are just estimated, I really just throw this together without even measuring anything, it is a really tasty dish, I have even made this using skin-on chicken legs it is still wonderful, just make the same as directed only bake a bit longer, if you are an olive-lover then you will love this! :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 chicken breasts
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper and coat the chicken pieces (shake off any excess flour).
- In a frypan heat the olive oil with butter.
- Brown the coated chicken pieces on all sides.
- Place into prepared 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In the same frypan, saute the onion and garlic in the same drippings until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, pasta sauce and olives; bring to a simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Top with mozza cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.9, Fat 35.1, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 127.1, Sodium 851.4, Carbohydrate 21.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 9.4, Protein 40.3
More about "chicken olive casserole food"
CHICKEN AND OLIVE CASSEROLE RECIPE - SPANISH FIESTAS
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN …
CHICKEN, TOMATO AND OLIVE CASSEROLE - HEALTHY FOOD …
SPICY ITALIAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE | RECIPETIN EATS
OLIVES AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
CHICKEN AND OLIVES CASSEROLE - A. VOGEL
CREAMY OLIVE CHICKEN BAKE - TALKING MEALS
CHICKEN & OLIVE CASSEROLE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
TOP 20 QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES
ONE POT CHICKEN AND GREEN OLIVE CASSEROLE - SHOCK …
OLIVE’S CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE - APRON FREE COOKING
CHICKEN OLIVE PASTA BAKE | EASY HEALTHY RECIPE FOR A …
CHICKEN, MUSHROOM AND GREEN OLIVE CASSEROLE RECIPE
BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN AND OLIVE CASSEROLE | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
THE 24 BEST IDEAS FOR CHICKEN CASSEROLE JAMIE OLIVER
CHICKEN AND OLIVE CASSEROLE - FOOD24
CHICKEN, TOMATO AND OLIVE CASSEROLE - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
CHICKEN, TOMATO AND OLIVE CASSEROLE - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
NO CARB CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOP 43 CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE RECIPE-RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
58 BEST EXCITING CHICKEN RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES & CAPERS - JAMIE GELLER
CHICKEN AND OLIVE MOLE CASSEROLE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
25 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES & MUSHROOMS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
COMPANY CASSEROLE CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
20 CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES TO ROLL OUT THIS WINTER
CHICKEN AND OLIVE PASTA CASSEROLE | EMERILS.COM
CHICKEN OLIVE CASSEROLE - RECIPES - PAGE 10 | COOKS.COM
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN & OLIVE CASSEROLE | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHICKEN AND OLIVE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHICKEN STEW WITH OLIVES AND LEMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN & OLIVE CASSEROLE - DENVER GREEN CHILI
SICILIAN SKILLET CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES, AND CAPERS
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
ITALIAN-STYLE CHICKEN WITH OLIVES | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
CHICKEN & OLIVE CASSEROLE - COOKER APP
You'll also love