- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Whisk together the flour baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a bowl, set aside. Whisk together the eggs, persimmon pulp, milk, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until smooth. Fold the persimmon mixture into the flour mixture until no dry lumps remain. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 67.5 g, Cholesterol 32.6 mg, Fat 1.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 348 mg, Sugar 34.5 g
PERSIMMON PUDDING CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9 or 10 inch bundt pan.
- Combine the persimmon pulp with the baking soda. Stir in the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, raisins, chopped nuts and milk. Mix until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Serve warm with lemon sauce or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.3 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 227.4 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
PERSIMMON BUNDT CAKE
Got a lot of persimmons you don't know what to do with? Or have you always wanted to make something using this little-known fruit. Here's your chance to make a wonderful, flavourful Bundt cake that not only has luscious persimmons in it, but warm spices that make it extra-special.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter and flour Bundt pan.
- Peel persimmons.
- Press pulp through coarse sieve into medium bowl.
- Measure 1 1/3 cups persimmon puree into small bowl.
- Mix baking soda into puree and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until blended (mixture will be grainy).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves into butter mixture; blend well using rubber spatula.
- Mix in persimmon mixture, walnuts and currants.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cook cake in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto rack; cool completely.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over cake.
PERSIMMON AND CINNAMON CRUMB CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch rectangle pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter. In a medium-size non-reactive saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the brown sugar, persimmons, and the lemon juice. Saute the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add to the persimmon mixture and cook, stirring, until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/4 pound (1 stick) of the butter and the light brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Into a medium-size mixing bowl, sift 3 1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, baking soda, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the salt. Add the flour mixture, buttermilk, and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat with the electric mixer until everything is incorporated. In another medium-size mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, the remaining 1/2 cup flour, the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Using your hands, combine the mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Spread the persimmon mixture over the batter. Drop heaping spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the persimmon mixture, about 1-inch apart. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the surface. Put the cake pan on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, dark Karo, and milk until smooth. Drizzle the frosting over the top of the coffee cake. Cut into slices and serve warm.
PERSIMMON CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
A quick and easy Persimmon Cake with Cream Cheese Icing recipe
Provided by David Lebovitz
Yield Makes one 10-inch (25-cm) Bundt cake; 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat a 10-cup (2.5-liter) Bundt cake or tube pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the cake, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the currants and brandy or whiskey to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let cool.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in the granulated sugar. In a medium bowl, mix together the 3/4 cup (6 ounces/170 g) melted butter, persimmon purée, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, add the persimmon mixture, and gently stir. Fold in the currants, along with any unabsorbed liquid, and the nuts. Mix just until everything is moistened; don't overmix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cool, invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- To make the icing, in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter on high speed until smooth. Beat in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the lemon juice, then gradually add the powdered sugar, beating on high speed until smooth. Add the 4 teaspoons water; the icing should be pourable. If necessary, add 1 more teaspoon water.
- Spoon the icing around the top of the cake, then tap the plate on a folded kitchen towel on the countertop to encourage the icing to run down the sides of the cake.
- This cake will keep for 4 days at room temperature.
- If you don't have persimmons, or if they're not in season, you can substitute unsweetened applesauce or banana purée for the persimmon purée.
PERSIMMON PUDDING CAKE
I put up jams and jellies featuring persimmons, but also use that delectable fruit in desserts. I think you'll savor this moist cake with a bit of spice. It tastes great served with a dollop of whipped cream.-Ralph Wheat, Bedford, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20-24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; mix well. Stir in butter. Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda; add to milk mixture. Fold in persimmon pulp, dates, coconut and nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
PERSIMMON-WALNUT COFFEE CAKE
To press the pulp from your persimmons: store ripe persimmons in the refrigerator. Remove and let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour before trying to remove pulp. Peel persimmons or scrape pulp from peel with a spoon. Press persionnons through a fine mesh strainer until you have pulp. From Better Homes & Gardens October, 2002
Provided by Roosie
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9" springform pan.
- Mix brown sugar and 1 Tbs flour in a small bowl.
- Press persimmons into a pulp into the bowl and mix.
- (see above comments.) In a medium bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric beater in medium-high for 20 seconds.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream to the butter mixture, alternately, beating until just combined after each addition.
- (Your batter will be stiff) Spread half of batter into pan, building up a 1" rim of batter around the edges.
- Pour persimmon mixture into this crust.
- Carefully spoon remaining batter in small mounds to cover persimmon mixture.
- For Walnut Streusel: In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle this over your batter.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- The filling will sink as the cake bakes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove springform sides.
- Let cool completely on rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.4, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 74.2, Sodium 316.5, Carbohydrate 53.1, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 31.2, Protein 5.3
More about "persimmoncake food"
PERSIMMON CAKE: THE SWEET AND MOIST PERSIMMON CAKE …
Servings 8Total Time 45 mins
FRESH PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Servings 10Category Cakes, Desserts, Fruit Desserts
PERSIMMON CAKE - NIBBLE AND DINE
STEAMED PERSIMMON CAKE - TETI'S FLAKES
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING - MASTERCOOK
11 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES (EASY WAYS TO EAT PERSIMMONS)
15 PERSIMMON RECIPES: CAKES, PIES, JAM, COCKTAILS & MORE!
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED PERSIMMON CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING - DELICIOUS ...
31 PERSIMMON RECIPES FOR WINTER - PUREWOW
PERSIMMON ALMOND CAKE - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
PERSIMMON CAKE WITH PISTACHIOS | FORKS OVER KNIVES
WHAT IS PERSIMMON AND HOW TO EAT IT | BETTER HOMES & …
PERFECT PERSIMMONS: 8 WAYS TO EAT A PERSIMMON - KITCHN
THE SEASONAL BAKER: 10 WARMING PERSIMMON RECIPES - KITCHN
PERSIMMON POUND CAKE—NO PREHEAT ... - FARMERS' ALMANAC
PERSIMMON CAKE | COOK PLANS
10 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PERSIMMON STREUSEL CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE PERSIMMON CAKE - 2022 ...
PERSIMMON WALNUT CAKE - THE LITTLE ... - THE LITTLE EPICUREAN
VEGAN PERSIMMON CAKE - THE DELICIOUS PLATE
PERSIMMON CUPCAKES - HOW TO BAKE WITH ... - CUPCAKE PROJECT
PERSIMMON CAKE - COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
PERSIMMON CAKE - CHINA
PERSIMMON CAKE | PUNCHFORK
THESE SOUTHERN PERSIMMON DESSERT RECIPES ARE AS CLASSIC AS ...
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE - HOMESTEAD HONEY
PERSIMMON CAKE - WEELICIOUS
PERSIMMON CAKE - CONTEMPLATING SWEETS
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PERSIMMON SKILLET CAKE | GRANVILLE ISLAND
23 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES + PRODUCE GUIDE - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
PERSIMMON CAKE - RECIPE - THE ANSWER IS CAKE
EASY-TASTY PERSIMMON CAKE | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA ...
PERSIMMON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PERSIMMON CHEESECAKE - BAKING A MOMENT
WHAT GOES WELL WITH PERSIMMON ... - PRODUCE MADE SIMPLE
PASTRY AFFAIR | PERSIMMON CAKE
PERSIMMON FRUIT CAKE; MOIST, RICH IN FLAVOUR AND GLUTEN FREE
PERSIMMON RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
UPSIDE DOWN PERSIMMON CAKE - DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
You'll also love