IRISH FLAG SALAD
Pleasing and patriotic, this salad features green spinach, orange fruit and white cheese, mimicking the colors in the national flag of Ireland. It's a refreshing starter to any meal.-Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Divide spinach among four plates; top with pears, oranges, cheese and pistachios., Whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 13g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 232mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
IRISH POTATO SALAD
A potato salad about potatoes - that tastes like potatoes! The magic is to use baking potatoes, fresh cooked, skin on, peeled, and diced while still warm and sprinkled with just enough red wine vinegar to enhance the potato taste. Chopped celery, sweet onion and hard boiled eggs add texture and flavor. The mayonnaise, mixed with the crumbled potato and egg yolk resuts in a creamy, dreamy salad. For the really - really best potato salad, make this an hour or two before serving, cover, let stand at room temp. - then add the mayonnaise and mix.
Provided by Lorac
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Boil, steam, or pressure cook potatoes until tender, drain and place on paper towels and slice in half.
- While still warm, peel and cut 1/2 of the potatoes into 1 1/2 inch chunks (which will crumble/break apart), sprinkle with 1 tbls of vinegar, repeat with remaining potatoes and vinegar.
- Add celery, onion, egg, salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
- To serve: Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves, add potato salad, top with egg slices and dust with paprika.
LONG LIVE THE IRISH GREEN SALAD!
An Irish-inspired salad recipe I tested and assembled for our upcoming annual St. Patrick's Day meal. Use any (mixed) salad greens of your choice. One shamrock-shaped cookie cutter (not too large) is required for this recipe. Feel free to substitute green beans and yellow/wax beans for the asparagus.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Note: I used leftover roasted asparagus spears from the previous night's dinner. Roasted would be preferred over steaming (my personal opinion.).
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together and refrigerate. Best prepared 1 hour in advance of serving.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl except for the bell pepper and raisins. Toss.
- Take a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter and cut out shapes from the green bell pepper. (You may need an extra bell pepper to do this step.) How to: first slice the bell pepper lengthwise from stem to bottom. Remove seeds and membrane. Cut out shapes.
- Divide the salad onto  salad plates. Garnish with the shamrock-shaped slices of bell pepper; add the raisins.
IRISH PUB SALAD
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, tarragon and Dijon mustard in small bowl and whisk to blend. Whisk in enough water by teaspoonfuls to make dressing thin enough to pour. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on platter as base of salad. Place salad bar ingredients over lettuce in attractive pattern. Top with sliced hard-boiled eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad. Place cheese wedges at ends of platter and serve.
More about "irish salads recipes top 10 food"
20 TRADITIONAL IRISH SIDE DISHES - INSANELY GOOD
10 BEST IRISH SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
TRADITIONAL IRISH SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
4/5 Total Time 1 hrServings 8-12Calories 174 per serving
FRUGAL FEASTS: FEED FOUR FOR LESS THAN €10 WITH MAIREAD RONAN’S …
IRISH SALAD RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
FRUGAL FEASTS: FEED A FAMILY OF FOUR FOR LESS THAN €10 WITH THEO …
OLD-FASHIONED IRISH SALAD - IRISH EXAMINER
IRISH SALADS RECIPES TOP 10
IRISH PUB SALAD - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
70 TRADITIONAL IRISH RECIPES | AUTHENTIC IRISH FOOD FOR ST.
TOP TEN TRADITIONAL IRISH RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
TOP 10 MOST DELICIOUS IRISH RECIPES - TOP INSPIRED
IRISH SALAD RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
IRISH SALADS RECIPES TOP 10
FOOD - THE IRISH TIMES
10 BEST IRISH GREEN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE ULTIMATE SUPERFOOD SALAD RECIPE + 10 TOP SUPERFOODS FOR …
You'll also love